F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > iOS 12
Extreme Powerhouse

10-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #23
jamiem1987
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D LCI

Has anyone noticed the bluetooth seems to drop intermittently with ios 12 iphone 7 plus and idrive 6? Since updating i’ve had 2 occassions where i’ve been on a call and the bluetooth has been lost and the call transferred back to the phone and idrive aays no phones connected, turning off and on the car or going into settings on the phone and reconnecting via bluetooth settings page gets things going again but its annoying, i’ve noticed you can also reconnect via idrive in the manage mobile devices page and this also reconnects is - i’ve had the car since march and this is the first i’ve ever had it happen since the ios 12 update. I am running 12.0.1 and its done it since the .1 update too.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2018, 06:19 AM   #24
NanasBack
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: EB 335 oil burner

Does anyone know if VPN pass through is back?
It was removed in v10
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 06:10 AM   #25
Leithen
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiem1987 View Post
Has anyone noticed the bluetooth seems to drop intermittently with ios 12 iphone 7 plus and idrive 6? Since updating i’ve had 2 occassions where i’ve been on a call and the bluetooth has been lost and the call transferred back to the phone and idrive aays no phones connected, turning off and on the car or going into settings on the phone and reconnecting via bluetooth settings page gets things going again but its annoying, i’ve noticed you can also reconnect via idrive in the manage mobile devices page and this also reconnects is - i’ve had the car since march and this is the first i’ve ever had it happen since the ios 12 update. I am running 12.0.1 and its done it since the .1 update too.
I have this too - not sure whether it was a new iPhone XR that has caused it, but I'm getting bluetooth and hard wired connection drops as well as 7 second dropouts on playback. Very frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #26
ciscopete822
Major
Rep
Drives: RS6 , 840i and others :P

Quote:
lol , another issue to your list of issues

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...glitch-privacy
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 02:46 AM   #27
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
Quote:
lol , another issue to your list of issues

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...glitch-privacy
Yet people use Facebook while complaining about this :
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 01:52 AM   #28
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leithen View Post
Quote:
Has anyone noticed the bluetooth seems to drop intermittently with ios 12 iphone 7 plus and idrive 6? Since updating i've had 2 occassions where i've been on a call and the bluetooth has been lost and the call transferred back to the phone and idrive aays no phones connected, turning off and on the car or going into settings on the phone and reconnecting via bluetooth settings page gets things going again but its annoying, i've noticed you can also reconnect via idrive in the manage mobile devices page and this also reconnects is - i've had the car since march and this is the first i've ever had it happen since the ios 12 update. I am running 12.0.1 and its done it since the .1 update too.
I have this too - not sure whether it was a new iPhone XR that has caused it, but I'm getting bluetooth and hard wired connection drops as well as 7 second dropouts on playback. Very frustrating.
Check your vin on this

https://www.bmw.co.uk/bmw-ownership/...ftware-updates

your iDrive might need an update.

I did mine recently and it resolved some issues I had with the BT & my iPhone, in my case the problem was I had the phone weirdly trying to dial out to its own number or more often it was a case of the BT dropping off then coming back on again.