F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Buying an ex lease car
proTUNING Freaks

12-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #67
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
In the last 15 years of driving all my cars were fleet/ex-lease cars mostly coming from Auction houses as I used to work in the motortrade.

I wouldn't hesitate not one bit about buying one again.

All of the cars had full histories, great maintenance record, and the fact when you own a lease car, all the service stuff is included in the deal, which means cars always have proper tyres, proper services and are generally not neglected as people get penalised for it.
Good advice, lease cars tend to get more service attention and if its still under warranty then no probs. My car is ex lease and was fully serviced before I bought it. Even if the past owners have been using launch control every other set of lights it will still have passed the BMW used car inspection and faults fixed so no worries, just worn the newness off!
      12-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #68
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybunny View Post
Even if the past owners have been using launch control every other set of lights it will still have passed the BMW used car inspection and faults fixed so no worries, just worn the newness off!
I believe the BMW used car inspection involves counting the number of wheels, and giving it a wash and vac
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 11:40 AM   #69
fuzzybunny
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Orange F33 435dx Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
I believe the BMW used car inspection involves counting the number of wheels, and giving it a wash and vac
Not according to the website but who knows what happens in reality with any car that has had a previous owner?
      12-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #70
movietub
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d M-Sport Touring, Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybunny View Post
Good advice, lease cars tend to get more service attention and if its still under warranty then no probs. My car is ex lease and was fully serviced before I bought it. Even if the past owners have been using launch control every other set of lights it will still have passed the BMW used car inspection and faults fixed so no worries, just worn the newness off!
Interesting that there are stories of them not allowing certain warranty claims on the basis that launch control has been used 'too much'. But what's the betting the same dealer WOULD approve a part ex car they get back irrespective of how many times launch has been used..?

I mean.. they gotta approve it to sell it huh?
Appreciate 0