F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Advice please - Looking to buy; 335d Xdrive Saloon
proTUNING Freaks

03-04-2017, 04:55 AM   #1
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘72’ BMW M340d G20 LCI

Question Advice please - Looking to buy; 335d Xdrive Saloon

Hi all,

Newbie looking for some advice or just your opinion please!

I am currently looking at purchasing a 335d XDrive Saloon, and have narrowed it down to 2 vehicles - same price, and I think I know what makes more sense, but would love some input/advice!

The vehicles on offer:

2016/66 Reg - White
M Sport Plus Package
Heated Front Seats
Electric Folding Anti Dazzle Mirrors
Parking Sensors Front & Rear
Adaptive M Sport Suspension
Media Professional Plus Package

2017/66 Reg - Estoril Blue
M Sport Plus Package
Heated Front Seats
Armrest
Apple Car Play
Innovation Package

Personally, I prefer white in colour, however this is currently being used as a demo car so will have some mileage although shouldn't be much.

The blue one is pre registered, no miles, sat in a showroom. This doesn't have parking sensors which I would like, but not a deal breaker, however I like the fact it has the Innovation Package and is essentially brand new!

For me, it all points to go with the "technically brand new" blue option? Right? or Wrong?

Any advice; or just your opinion would be great!

I am moving out of the new Kia Sportage, so this is quite a change for me

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 05:04 AM   #2
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

No parking sensors? I don't think I have ever seen one with out. Blue colour for me, cousin has white & unless you keep it as new all the time it looks tired.

Evdok

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 05:14 AM   #3
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evdok View Post
No parking sensors? I don't think I have ever seen one with out. Blue colour for me, cousin has white & unless you keep it as new all the time it looks tired.
I'm glad you said that! I've been studying the pictures and cant see parking sensors, however it does mention in the description that they are on the vehicle, so I stand corrected! You see, already glad I posted this now - that's puzzled me for days! Thank you!

I'm buying this blind, its not local, never driven one so only have pictures and description to go by.....
But from the reviews of this car I've read about it appears to be a great vehicle!?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #4
evdok
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M/SPORT xDRIVE INDIVIDUAL

330D & 335D are so fun to drive they become addictive, the way they deliver the power/torque is great.

You wont be disappointed & if purchasing from dealer you shouldn't have any problems.

Evdok

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funboy78 View Post
Hi all,

Newbie looking for some advice or just your opinion please!

I am currently looking at purchasing a 335d XDrive Saloon, and have narrowed it down to 2 vehicles - same price, and I think I know what makes more sense, but would love some input/advice!

The vehicles on offer:

2016/66 Reg - White
M Sport Plus Package
Heated Front Seats
Parking Sensors Front & Rear
Adaptive M Sport Suspension
Media Professional Plus Package

2017/66 Reg - Estoril Blue
M Sport Plus Package
Heated Front Seats
Armrest
Apple Car Play
Innovation Package

Personally, I prefer white in colour, however this is currently being used as a demo car so will have some mileage although shouldn't be much.

The blue one is pre registered, no miles, sat in a showroom. This doesn't have parking sensors which I would like, but not a deal breaker, however I like the fact it has the Innovation Package and is essentially brand new!

For me, it all points to go with the "technically brand new" blue option? Right? or Wrong?

Any advice; or just your opinion would be great!

I am moving out of the new Kia Sportage, so this is quite a change for me

Thanks!!
Get the 17, 15 and 16 fog lights aren't led and make a whole lot of different on look and lighting the road trust me. I pay attention to little things. The chassis on the 17 is a bit different then 15, 16.

Parking sensors are pretty standard these days for BMW so idk see why it wouldn't but be certain it has it.

Led interior lighting is better. Aswell as gas mileage. Oh and the leather package also better. So what's yo talk about? Get the estriol blue 17. It also a awesome color.either way coming from a Kia you'll be in heaven. I only drove bmws since I was licensed to drive but a Kia doesn't drive like a BMW. No offense
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #6
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by imkash View Post
... Aswell as gas mileage.
OP: this poster is thinking gas/petrol engines 330i versus 328i and didn't notice you're talking about diesel.

Personally, I love white cars, and the '16 has the Adaptive Suspension.
Don't know what is in the "Innovation Package" since it's a UK package (and I'm too lazy to look at the UK site), suspect it has some/most of the USA/CA's tech package stuff.

The park distance control and backup camera are cool (my wife's car has them), no doubt. Look for the sensors (1 cm dot inside 2 cm surround) on bumpers. Camera is above the rear license plate.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks all for the replies, much appreciated!!

Yes it is a main BMW dealer, both of them! The White one is in use as a demo, Blue one in their showroom never driven but registered as a demo, think it has 7 miles on the clock in the picture.

The pictures were not great on the BMW website to notice the sensors, but the blue DOES have parking sensors so that's good! Not sure about Camera though?

Anyway, following the comments it seemed to back up the way I was leaning - so bought the Blue one. Paid deposit, so should be able to pick it up in the next 7-10 days! Sadly its at a dealer other end of the Country to me so needs delivering. Pretty much getting a brand new car without the brand new price tag, so I'm well happy! A lot to spend on a car I haven't physically seen, but then again its a Main Dealer so shouldn't be any issues.

FLOYDAROGERS - Thanks for the heads up. The innovation package in the UK offers:
Driving Assistant
Head Up Display
Black Panel Display Full
Enhanced Bluetooth with Wireless charging
Navigation System Professional
Real Time Traffic Information
Speed Limit Display
Wifi Hotspot, Online Entertainment, Remote Services, Concierge Service

So its quite a good package, even if I wouldn't use half of it. The Pro Nav, Head Up & Driving assistant are the main ones for me.
It has Apple Car Play, but I'm an Android fan so bit of a wasted extra on me but then again cant have it all!

Thanks again all - the input was extremely helpful!
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #8
Funboy78
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice, the blue was absolutely the right choice IMO.

Picked up at the weekend, and loving it!

Silly question, not that I "rag" it around, but is there a running in period?
Attached Images

Appreciate 2