F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [DIY] KAFAS2 for SLI or 5AS retrofit for F3x
ARMA SPEED

05-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #67
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

I am currently working on HUD retrofit. Got the hud and coding is done and it's working fine. Next week I will be getting the other parts and mostly next month I will be replacing the windshield. So thought why not go for a kafas windshield rather than just a HUD-version.

Do you know if i can install kafas windshield for now and continue to use my current rearview mirror and do the actual kafas2 retrofit maybe 3 or 4 months later? because i have already spent a lot this month on retrofits so wanna give it a break for few months

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #68
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Msport

Free spirit you are on a roll my man! You’re doing all the retrofits I want to do!! I’m excited with all your results! Good luck my man, can’t wait your f30 turns out!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #69
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiGGs View Post
Free spirit you are on a roll my man! You’re doing all the retrofits I want to do!! I’m excited with all your results! Good luck my man, can’t wait your f30 turns out!
Thanks buddy!

I am working on estimating the kafas2 retrofit cost. did you already started the retrofit? if yes from where did you source the required fsc codes?

Regarding rearview mirror, i hear contradicting info. The forum says we need a new mirror and one of the ebay seller (whom I usually work with and has first hand knowledge on kafas2 retrofit) says I can use my current rearview mirror.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 04:59 PM   #70
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

I installed the KAFAS2 with emulator/activator and when I try to inject cafd, I get an error message. Tried few different ones and theyre all giving me the error below. Its also blue/red(actual/target state).

Caf's suchen
Tal wird generiert
Abarbeitung wird gestartet

Read SVT before TAL execution started.
Read SVT before TAL execution finished.

TAL execution started.
VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. [C197]
ExecutionID=2020/05/26-17:36:10.646
[] prepareTALExecution started [PROGRESS]
[] prepareTALExecution finished [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] prepareVehicleForCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] prepareECUforCoding started [PROGRESS]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] prepareECUforCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] authenticateECUforCoding started [PROGRESS]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] authenticateECUforCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[KAFAS2 - 5D - cafd_00001148-000_024_001] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA started [TRANSACTION]
[KAFAS2 - 5D - cafd_00001148-000_024_001] Transaction type: cdDeploy; Message: TA finished [TRANSACTION]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] finalizeECUCoding started [PROGRESS]
MCDDiagService<id=80649, job=com.bmw.psdz.jobs.uds.MCD3_FinalizeECUCoding, service=WDBI_CPS - WriteDataByIdentifier Codierpruefstempel, description=error: negative response : requestOutOfRange, link=KAFAS2_5D_ETHERNET> [DIAGSERVICE]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] finalizeECUCoding error [PROGRESS]
[] job failed with negative response error:
code: service returned global negative response
description: Service WDBI_CPS returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; LinkName: KAFAS2_5D_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR
[THROWABLE]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] There was an error during TAL execution, please check the log files. [WARN]
[KAFAS2 - 5D] - [Exception - KAFAS2 - 5d] job failed with negative response error:
code: service returned global negative response
description: Service WDBI_CPS returned a negative response with response code requestOutOfRange; LinkName: KAFAS2_5D_ETHERNET
severity: ERROR

[] finalizeVehicleCoding started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeVehicleCoding finished [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution started [PROGRESS]
[] finalizeTALExecution finished [PROGRESS]
TAL execution finished [TAL_EXECUTION_FINISHED]
TAL-Execution finished with status: "FinishedWithError". [C207]
TAL execution finished. Duration: "9s". [C206]

Read SVT after TAL execution started.
Read SVT after TAL execution finished.
Abarbeitung beendet

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 12:49 AM   #71
inca_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW328 BMW 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhforyou View Post
If you need the 2 FSC needed for 5AS you can send me a PM.
Good Morning,

I would like to embark on the same journey.
I now have a German F31 320d Xdrive.
I am purchasing some of the modules from ebay.
I would like to get the FSC codes required for this retrofit.
I thank you in advance for your help.
And thanks for sharing all this great info.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:56 AM   #72
inca_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW328 BMW 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhforyou View Post
If you need the 2 FSC needed for 5AS you can send me a PM.
Can I also have this codes please??
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #73
mishamos
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

the sli function stop work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichooo View Post
Thank you mate. But My camera don't have
kafas2 > 3010 > tsm_countru_variation > ece
kombi > 3003 > speed_limit_generation > sli_gen_2_npi
But I find another way to code and make SLI work.

And if someone need FSC for Kafas2 camera I can provide them, All of them. Just contact me if someone need.
Hello,
I'm in Serbia and I have the same problem as you.
What way did you find to make the SLI function work?
Best regards
Misha
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #74
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Guys,

Can someone let me know how did you go about connecting PT-Can high and low?

Seems the ACSM A11*1B pin 26 and 52 are already occupied in my car. Can i just tap on to those wires?

Thanks in advance for the help

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:05 PM   #75
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Hi Guys,

Can someone let me know how did you go about connecting PT-Can high and low?

Seems the ACSM A11*1B pin 26 and 52 are already occupied in my car. Can i just tap on to those wires?

Thanks in advance for the help
Yeah, thats what I did.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      07-05-2020, 07:21 PM   #76
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Yeah, thats what I did.
I think i found another solution instead of wiretap.

A173*8B pin 47 & 48 are PT CAN Low and High, if those are not used already, i am thinking of using them.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1879
Size:  72.2 KB

By the way do you know what gauge wire did you use? because i am preparing the wiring harness for it myself
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:46 PM   #77
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

A173*8B pin 47 & 48 are PT CAN Low and High, if those are not used already, i am thinking of using them.

Attachment 2356247

By the way do you know what gauge wire did you use? because i am preparing the wiring harness for it myself
hmm ... no luck ... A173*8B pin 47 & 48 are also used. Donno where the heck they are using all these connections when my car don't have LDW/LCW/ACC
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:51 PM   #78
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Attachment 2356247

I do not remember the wire gauge. I think the reason for tapping it off the ACSM is because its right there where the KAFAS2 ECU is going to reside.

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #79
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Btw, I have a KAFAS camera for sale!

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1730454

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #80
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Btw, I have a KAFAS camera for sale!

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1730454
Aaah, I am sorry.

Windshield, camera & ECU installation are all done... Only left with this PT con's to complete the installation
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #81
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Aaah, I am sorry.

Windshield, camera & ECU installation are all done... Only left with this PT con's to complete the installation
That was for anyone else whos interested in this retrofit haha!

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 12:36 PM   #82
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Successfully completed Kafas2 retrofit.

LDW, HBA, & SLI are working perfectly fine. Trying to find a way how to test Front collision warning and Pedestrian collision warning.

I have necessary FSC codes available for sale. If interested pm me.

Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #83
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:

LDW, HBA, & SLI are working perfectly fine. Trying to find a way how to test Front collision warning and Pedestrian collision warning.

Thanks.
Set the FCW to early detection and drive around/behind traffic. You'll see the stage 1 trigger happen more often than you think sometimes.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #84
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Set the FCW to early detection and drive around/behind traffic. You'll see the stage 1 trigger happen more often than you think sometimes.
Thank you

I tried your advice and see a red car symbol on cluster and HUD when I am around 10feet away from the car infront. Do you know at what speeds it gets activated and if acoustic warning can be enabled somewhere?

Thanks again

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 04:55 PM   #85
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you

I tried your advice and see a red car symbol on cluster and HUD when I am around 10feet away from the car infront. Do you know at what speeds it gets activated and if acoustic warning can be enabled somewhere?

Thanks again
As far as I know, it doesnt matter what speed. I had it trigger the 2nd stage(audio and larger red car, I have 6WB) once where i wasnt paying attention and the car in front of me brake hard. I think trying to activate the 2nd stage is going to be too close for safety.

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #86
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you

Thanks again
As far as I know, it doesnt matter what speed. I had it trigger the 2nd stage(audio and larger red car, I have 6WB) once where i wasnt paying attention and the car in front of me brake hard. I think trying to activate the 2nd stage is going to be too close for safety.
Agreed... for me reproducing 1st stage itself seems hard

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #87
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you

Thanks again
Just reproduced stage 2 for pedestrian warning. Asked my wife to stand on the street and drove close to her lol ... pedestrian warning with acoustic came up ... I was excited and she was scared

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #88
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Just reproduced stage 2 for pedestrian warning. Asked my wife to stand on the street and drove close to her lol ... pedestrian warning with acoustic came up ... I was excited and she was scared
Do you have a life insurance on her or something LOLL! I'm kidding.

I was gonna say you got pedestrian warning working, and then realized you have a 2016. AFAIK, I need to swap out my ICM on my 2013 to get pedestrian warning to work.

Appreciate 0