F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Recommendations for a good car vac
GetBMWParts

09-21-2018, 07:46 AM   #23
Scov
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

I tested it out (the Hurricane vacuum) https://wheelstips.com/best-car-vacuum-cleaner over the weekend and was impressed by it. The suction power is very decent by 12v standards, and I did manage to suck up all dust and beach sand grains from my carpet mats. You get four attachments with it (more than you'll ever need), the flat carpet brush, the thin nozzle extension for tight cracks, a brush with 1/2 inch long thick bristles (this is the one I used) and an extension hose - which I didn't use.

I could clean the mats and the roof with ease and, also suck the bits out of cubby holes and boot space. I kept the car idling all the time I was using the vacuum. The wire is long enough to reach all corners and boot of my Swift hatchback. I used it continuously for up to 15 mins and it didn't heat up.

The dust collecting mechanism is too good. It contains a HEPA filter and there is a flap that prevents the dust from coming out when you are using the vacuum. The dust collector is transparent so you can see how much is accumulated. You basically remove the front end transparent cover and empty the collected dust. The HEPA filter could be cleaned by gently tapping in on the wall or use pressurized air if you have access to it. The filter is similar to the paper fiber like filter used for car AC blower.

Overall, I think INR 1600 were well spent. Cleaning the base carpet was always an issue with me trying to pick up the bits with a damp cloth. Similarly, cleaning the cubby holes and the space tyre boot space. I suggest you go for it, it works well.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #24
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

One that you plug into the mains, rather than a rechargeable limp battery. I bought one from a trade show and threw my rechargable one away.

Last edited by sensible; 09-21-2018 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #25
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Cordless Dyson.

We got the top of the range heavily discounted after Christmas. Great for round the house and car.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2018, 09:53 AM   #26
330XDave
Major
Rep
Drives: 330d xDrive Touring

£90? £100?

I'll stick with my £7.99 12v handheld vacuum from Lidl. Very powerful, comes with a few attachments and has no problem sucking up day to day dirt.

It also fits nicely in the under floor storage of my F31.
Appreciate 0