F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Brake Squeal
proTUNING Freaks

12-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #45
bateau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
I feel like this is devaluing my car. How can i fix this on my own?
Did your brakes squeak from the first day or did they develop a squeak over time?

You can pull out the pads and apply brake lubricant to pads and pistons as indicated in the attached document. Another thing people have done is get different pads.

Lastly, it might be fun to ask your SA to pull brand new car with "performance" brakes from the lot and drive around. Do they squeak? if not, inquire why yours are different and "normal"
Attached Images
File Type: pdf replace brake pads Brembo or M Sport Brake Option.pdf (614.2 KB, 767 views)
File Type: pdf replace_rear_brake_pads.pdf (770.9 KB, 806 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #46
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian99997 View Post
This problem and that solution are extremely common to any car with decent brakes.

YMMV, but stopping too slow over long distances and riding the brakes or creeping forward at stop lights can cause them to glaze. braking 2x harder than normal once a day or so should help keep the pads fresh.

Sometimes you can get away with running a thin metal shim between the piston and the brake pad that will dampen the squeal as well.
That's what I do. I'll take it up to Mexico and go till about 120-130 then nail the brakes pretty good and slow down to about 60 or 40 and they will be fine
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #47
jadzz786
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I M Sport G20

Had this problem too, with my new BMW 320 X Drive. Spoke to a BMW technician who said brake pad deglazing was required. its the Brembo brake system which is made solely for track and racing purposes, so the brakes will make noise at slow speeds. Porsche have released a video about the same brakes and the noise. One of the Lamborghini models also has this squeak at low speed too.

Fix, is deglaze of pads. will set you back £200 from BMW and noise likely to come back after 3 months. He advised me to learn to deglaze myself to save money! Literally all you need to do, is take out pads and rub them down properly with some sand paper, watch the noise gone! will come back after a few months as dust will stick again to the pad.

This worked for me and saved me lots of money too!
Appreciate 0