F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Is there a football thread?
proTUNING Freaks

12-06-2021, 03:03 PM   #243
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Are you coming up to the game…?
Hi Dave, I'm giving it a miss. Ordinarily we'd travel up the day before.

I've just logged into the ticket system and it looks like we've sold about 600 tickets, not bad for silly oclock KO at the other end of the country.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2021, 02:59 PM   #244
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep
Drives: Fiat Stilo estate mapped

Tight at the top and very fine margins with the top 3 all winning under similar circumstances!

Villa look decent under Slippy G, it’s a decent test for him to prove himself for the big job when Klopp hangs up his cap.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #245
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Mouldy 0-0 draw for the Hammers today. They have to do better against bottom of the table teams. My scouse mate says the refs obviously don't consider West Ham a top team worthy of a dodgy penalty in their favour. Did I mention he has hated refs since they invented "Fergie time"?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #246
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
Mouldy 0-0 draw for the Hammers today. They have to do better against bottom of the table teams. My scouse mate says the refs obviously don't consider West Ham a top team worthy of a dodgy penalty in their favour. Did I mention he has hated refs since they invented "Fergie time"?
WH need to be careful, the top 3 are out of sight and a small margin of points between them and mid table, they may well run out of steam!
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2021, 03:45 PM   #247
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrManor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
WH need to be careful, the top 3 are out of sight and a small margin of points between them and mid table, they may well run out of steam!
Europe could well be the problem for West Ham this year. It's not easy to go far in that and maintain your league form as injuries etc start to mount up. Thursdays and Sundays are no fun.
Appreciate 1
      12-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #248
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

We are in deep doo doo after that thrashing by Leicester, even if the penalty was soft (Madison dived).

Liverpool away and the two Manchester clubs at home doesn't bode well for the goals against column. Best hope is we catch them all on off days and lose by the odd goal and that Norwich, Burnley, Watford don't pick up points either.

Can't see it happening though.
      12-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #249
JR1664
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
We are in deep doo doo after that thrashing by Leicester, even if the penalty was soft (Madison dived).

Liverpool away and the two Manchester clubs at home doesn't bode well for the goals against column. Best hope is we catch them all on off days and lose by the odd goal and that Norwich, Burnley, Watford don't pick up points either.

I guess it depends on who you buy in the January window. You have the right manager just not the players at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 06:33 PM   #250
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1664 View Post
Quote:

I guess it depends on who you buy in the January window. You have the right manager just not the players at the moment.
This is true, we'd need to be in touching distance of teams above us to not make it impossible. Norwich losing today was a good result and Leeds shipping 7 against City might come in handy too.
      12-15-2021, 04:04 AM   #251
bytejunkie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Leeds shipping 7 against City might come in handy too.
fingers crossed it gives our squad and board the wake up they need.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #252
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Looking forward to seeing Brentford and city on weds. I have tickets. In a kinda S&M fashion a 0-3 would be a good result.
Hopefully grab at point at Brighton later too.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #253
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Flicked between the 3pm games today and yet another sigh from me with the officials.

I'm a bees fan so VAR is new but a great tech when used well.

Watching the harry kane goal I just knew they would concoct some way of ruling it out. There is so much emphasis on the golden frame but they fail to realise they don't have the tech to deliver. There is barely a glance at the frame of ball contact and yet this is the most vital.
If they want to measure the atom with these stupid lines they need to have high speed cameras to capture the exact moment the ball is kicked. The frame on Amazon today looked like the ball was a good few inches and has been kicked so it was useless. Also his arm was 'offside' but you can't score with it?? Just don't get it.

Of course no one wants this level of detail and no one has asked for it - why are they doing it?

Yet VAR doesn't intervene when another goal is incorrectly ruled out for some bizarre protection for goalies. Were they having tea and cake?

I know perhaps harry Kane should have been banned - but again it reinforces my point. The average geezer in the street could get this correct. Bloods my blood and I couldn't really care who won this
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #254
Scoobyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Flicked between the 3pm games today and yet another sigh from me with the officials.

Watching the harry kane goal I just knew they would concoct some way of ruling it out. There is so much emphasis on the golden frame but they fail to realise they don't have the tech to deliver. There is barely a glance at the frame of ball contact and yet this is the most vital.
If they want to measure the atom with these stupid lines they need to have high speed cameras to capture the exact moment the ball is kicked. The frame on Amazon today looked like the ball was a good few inches and has been kicked so it was useless. Also his arm was 'offside' but you can't score with it?? Just don't get it.

Of course no one wants this level of detail and no one has asked for it - why are they doing it?

Yet VAR doesn't intervene when another goal is incorrectly ruled out for some bizarre protection for goalies. Were they having tea and cake?

I know perhaps harry Kane should have been banned - but again it reinforces my point. The average geezer in the street could get this correct. Bloods my blood and I couldn't really care who won this
Couldn't agree more. I don't think there's a single person, barring Martin Atkinson on the VAR, who could possibly think Kane was offside today. I thought after the mess of last season they'd done away with such nonsense marginal calls. If that's offside the game's gone. Was a great goal too! He didn't score with the armpit he was claimed to be offside by did he. Pretty much all the rest of his body was comfortably onside. Appalling decision.

And a decision compounded by yet another perfectly good goal being ruled out not long after that which as you say VAR didn't even bother to intervene for. If it had then surely the goal would have been rightly given. If the referee hadn't made a call then VAR would have checked the goal and allowed it to stand.

A bad day for the officials all round. Southampton's gain was Spurs's loss.

Good luck to the Bees for tomorrow… I fear you may need it!!
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1045.50
      12-28-2021, 02:19 PM   #255
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post

Couldn't agree more. I don't think there's a single person, barring Martin Atkinson on the VAR, who could possibly think Kane was offside today. I thought after the mess of last season they'd done away with such nonsense marginal calls. If that's offside the game's gone. Was a great goal too! He didn't score with the armpit he was claimed to be offside by did he. Pretty much all the rest of his body was comfortably onside. Appalling decision.

And a decision compounded by yet another perfectly good goal being ruled out not long after that which as you say VAR didn't even bother to intervene for. If it had then surely the goal would have been rightly given. If the referee hadn't made a call then VAR would have checked the goal and allowed it to stand.

A bad day for the officials all round. Southampton's gain was Spurs's loss.

Good luck to the Bees for tomorrow… I fear you may need it!!
Cheers mate I have just got an abacus to count the goals I fear I may need a few of them
Appreciate 1
Scoobyd1933.50
      12-28-2021, 02:23 PM   #256
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

It seems a clear and obvious error is now mm with many shite decisions made.

Any marginal run on a defence which good strikers have down to a tee are scrutinised to the nth detail, it’s stupid.

If its that fine a decision that needs lines to be drawn then it is not clear and obvious which is how VAR was supposed to work.

I remember Bobby Firmino having a perfectly legit goal strikes off as an armpit hair was deemed to be offside, on that basis then more attacking minded teams will be penalised more often.

ETA I suppose clumsy defenders may get penalised but it seems to be attackers that get the worst results.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 02:29 PM   #257
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

Also what is this ridiculous leaving the flag down nonsense?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #258
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Football is rather … shite these days. Both as a Utd fan and in general.
      12-28-2021, 02:36 PM   #259
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Football is rather … shite these days. Both as a Utd fan and in general.
Depends on who you support
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #260
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

Jesus what an appalling display by Liverpool
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #261
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Jesus what an appalling display by Liverpool
Yes and of all the 2 people you would bet your house on not missing Salah and Mane! City's to lose now.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 05:13 PM   #262
MrManor
Lieutenant
Gambia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Yes and of all the 2 people you would bet your house on not missing Salah and Mane! City's to lose now.
100% but we’ve all heard that before and there is a fair way to go!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 07:22 PM   #263
Scoobyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Also what is this ridiculous leaving the flag down nonsense?
Only a matter of time before someone gets injured in the continuation of play because the flag didn't go up when it should.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17427.50
      12-29-2021, 04:41 AM   #264
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
100% but we’ve all heard that before and there is a fair way to go!
Agree City are very much in pole position but the season's only half over! They'll drop points between now and May so it's just a case of whether Liverpool - and perhaps Chelsea - can stay close enough to them to apply a bit of pressure should they have a wobble.

My money would be on City though; Salah in particular has been outstanding for Liverpool so far this season but the chances of him being able to maintain that level for another 19 games - and/or staying injury free for the rest of the season - must be remote...
Appreciate 0