F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Pre-LCI halogen to LCI LED headlight retrofit queries
Studio RSR

02-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
AlexF31-91
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31

Pre-LCI halogen to LCI LED headlight retrofit queries

Hey guys.

First of all I'd like to thank Shawnsheridan for all the software sent via PM, and all the great guides.

So, onto a little bit of background information. I'm a BMW diagnostic technician. So I'm pretty clued up on all the abbreviations and the use of ISTA-D. The only thing I don't know about is the ESYS side of things, I've been researching this topic for the last two weeks or so and I think I'm confusing myself; The wiring and installation doesn't phase me.

The software I currently have installed is:
ESYS 3.27.1
ESYS LAUNCHER PREMIUM 2.8.2 (With rearm script) For some reason the PRO version kept showing errors for PSDZdata, despite being in the correct location.
PSDZData 4.21.32 LITE

Now the things I'm not sure on is:
1) Going from halogen to LED, I'm assuming the VO and build date needs changing within the FEM and REM?

2) I'll be using second hand control units, specifically FLEL and FLER. What do I need to do within ESYS to use these, I'm assuming they need new software flashing onto them so my chassis number matches, does this mean I need PSDZdata full rather than lite?

3) If I'm not using the level sensors, is this just something that needs coding out, after everything else?

Thanks for any help in clarifying this
Alex
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
AlexF31-91
Registered
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #3
AlexF31-91
Registered
Rep

Still hoping for clarification.
So far what I’ve established is the build date needs changing to 2016 ish, then add 552 to SALAPA.

Then it would be a case of flashing the front light electronics with the psdzdata full.

Now my car has the latest I level, would this cause an issue with flashing the front light electronics with an older software?
Appreciate 0