F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Finally added Speed Limit Info
proTUNING Freaks

12-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #419
yarema79
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashm3_uk View Post
Hi
It really is an awesome bit of kit.
Works exactly as expected. I actually thought it'll be a 'gimmick' but it's very very accurate. The speed limit changes on my display as soon as I cross a speed sign on the road. If I didn't know better id assume the camera is reading the the signs!

It comes with cabling. And instructions.
Instructions arnt very good as the cables behind the cluster are all similar colours. Multiple red. Multiple brown etc.

However I have the pin identification required to identify the correct cabling.
With this info the install is a 10min job.

I purchased 'clips' from Amazon which allowed me to avoid cutting any cables.

Truly was a beeeze.

The most difficult task for me was undoing the plugs in the back of the cluster. I have HUD and couldn't see the clip to undo one cable.
Once that was done all easy.

I know that On Ebay you get em cheaper with pass through socket for easy install. But those emulators show up as Kmh and not MPh.
My ocd would have killed me. Lol.

Get the emulator from the Romanian guy. And give me a shout and I'll send you proper instructions.
Thanks for the info!

I am definitely going for the European version, not the Chinese one.
If you can send me the instructions with pin identification required to identify the correct cabling, that would be great. I am going to do the same and get some wire taps to avoid cutting the cables.

All the best for the New Year!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 10:01 AM   #420
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarema79 View Post
Quote:
Hi
Works exactly as expected. I actually thought it'll be a 'gimmick' but it's very very accurate. The speed limit changes on my display as soon as I cross a speed sign on the road. If I didn't know better id assume the camera is reading the the signs!

Instructions arnt very good as the cables behind the cluster are all similar colours. Multiple red. Multiple brown etc.

Truly was a beeeze.

The most difficult task for me was undoing the plugs in the back of the cluster. I have HUD and couldn't see the clip to undo one cable.

I know that On Ebay you get em cheaper with pass through socket for easy install. But those emulators show up as Kmh and not MPh.

Get the emulator from the Romanian guy. And give me a shout and I'll send you proper instructions.
Thanks for the info!

If you can send me the instructions with pin identification required to identify the correct cabling, that would be great. I am going to do the same and get some wire taps to avoid cutting the cables.

No probs. I'll PM you the pin identification.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #421
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarema79 View Post
Quote:
Hi

Truly was a beeeze.

Thanks for the info!

No probs. I'll PM you the pin identification.
You need to connect adapter as follows:

SLI Pin 10 (Red - 12v) ======> A71*1B Pin 1
SLI Pin 5 (Black - GND) ======> A71*1B Pin 7
SLI Pin 9 (Yellow - CAN1 H) ======> A71*1B Pin 6
SLI Pin 4 (Blue - CAN1 L) ======> A71*1B Pin 12
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #422
chr
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 320d xDrive

Does anybody know if chinaclone works with HU_ENTRYNAV?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 07:43 AM   #423
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr View Post
Dont think so since the speed limit info is on the map data.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 02:30 AM   #424
chr
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 320d xDrive

I am talking about HU_ENTRYNAV, that is with navigation, and not HU_ENTRY that is without navi.
I found on a german forum someone who claim he retrofitted chinaclone on a car with hu_entrynav, I just wanted a second confirmation.
https://www.f30-forum.de/index.php?t...sten/&pageNo=1

Anyhow, I have ordered the emulator from ebay, I will keep you informed if it works or not. But delivery from China is not so fast, can take up to two months.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 01:35 AM   #425
SMiGGs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Msport

Anyone manage to get an mph version at a decent price compared to the aliexpress models?
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      01-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #426
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiGGs View Post
Anyone manage to get an mph version at a decent price compared to the aliexpress models?
I think there is only 1 option for an mph version
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 11:44 AM   #427
akirax
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chr View Post
Yes I've HU_ENTRYNAV an it works.

Cheers.
Appreciate 1
chr12.00
      01-29-2020, 02:28 AM   #428
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 640xd

Hi guys, SLI adapter some of you use made in Romania is manufactured by my company since 2015, i was pointed to this thread by a customer so just let you know i am also available here to answer your questions or offer support.

Last edited by Adrian_CRG; 01-29-2020 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
x-m4n148.00
      01-29-2020, 04:29 AM   #429
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Thats cool Adrian, now since 2015 as we had phoned the last time at installation

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #430
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

SLI Emulator Without KAFAS

I would like to thank everyone on this thread for all the info that helped me do this mod.

So I'd like to contribute what I can as well.

I initially ordered the Chinese module from Ebay, and while the numbers were correct, I wasn't happy that the graphic was the red/white European circle (I live in the US). So through this forum I found our friend Adrian's website and purchased his module too.

I will say that his module not only works exactly as you'd expect (correct graphics and speed readout), but it also does the overspeed graphic that some of you have asked about. Also the module itself is a bit smaller and easier to stick behind the cluster.

The only negative about the box from Romania is that it comes with bare wires, and you're meant to splice them into your car's wires. I decided I wanted a less intrusive solution, so I combined the best of the two modules, wiring from the Chinese one, and the actual circuitry/box from the Romanian one. This way it made it plug-and-play. Which is nice if I ever want to unplug it.

Here are some photos:

Chinese Ebay Box with harness cut off

Romanian box spliced up to the harness from the Chinese box (Blue/Black and Yellow/Black wires were not used in my case because I don't have a KAFAS camera or module)

Finished harness and module wrapped in Tesa tape, ready to plug into the car's current connectors

Speed graphic and the overspeed line (deeper red under the needle) in Comfort Mode

Speed graphic and the overspeed line (deeper red under the needle) in Sport Mode

Regarding coding:
I don't recall if it was in this particular thread or another (I've perused so many forums about this) someone mentioned that the way to go for this mod is NOT to VO code 8TH, but to just FDL code a couple of parameters. I fully agree with that assessment. VO coding, if you don't have the hardware that the car expects to see (KAFAS), will throw out errors.

After initially having VO coded 8TH, I reversed it (removed it from SALAPAS), and instead only changed the following codes:

Code:
HU_NBT2:
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO   aktiv

DKOMBI:
SPEED_LIMIT_GENERATION   sli_gen_2
KI_PIA_SPEED_LIMIT   aktiv
Keep in mind these were the only changes that I needed to make because I don't have a HUD, if you do, there may be a couple more codes listed on this thread somewhere that will need to be changed too.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully this helps anyone venturing into this mod.

Take care!

Last edited by EvntHrzn; 02-09-2020 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: Wording
Appreciate 4
Dang3r12508.50
Ashm3_uk138.50
x-m4n148.00
      02-10-2020, 12:09 AM   #431
Adrian_CRG
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 640xd

Indeed our adapter does not have a PnP wiring option mainly because it has many functions which requires different wiring scenarios depending on car configuration.
Also, for us, this is an universal module for which we developed many software applications that can be used for retofits not only in BMW cars but also in Mercedes Benz cars. Depending on firmware loaded on this module it can be used for NBT/EVO activation on donor VIN, Sport Display data conversion, Night Vision system activation on donor VIN, PDC and TRSVC protocol conversion for CIC retrofit in E7x series and some specific data conversion for some retrofits for example protocol conversion when NBT/EVO system is retrofitted with KAFAS1 present in car, HBA protocol conversion in pre-LCI cars when ZGW is upgraded to ZGW-02 4/8 SK, ZBE5 to ZBE4 protocol conversion when Gxx iDrive controller is retrofited in Fxx cars and more.
Also for this adapter hardware we developed firmware for alarm system notifications, in cars with DWA (factory alarm system) adapter is able to detect CAN data when alarm is triggered and send out a control voltage that can be used for SMS notifications with 3rd party GSM tracking systems.
      02-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #432
Chriske92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
I would like to thank everyone on this thread for all the info that helped me do this mod.

So I'd like to contribute what I can as well.

I initially ordered the Chinese module from Ebay, and while the numbers were correct, I wasn't happy that the graphic was the red/white European circle (I live in the US). So through this forum I found our friend Adrian's website and purchased his module too.

I will say that his module not only works exactly as you'd expect (correct graphics and speed readout), but it also does the overspeed graphic that some of you have asked about. Also the module itself is a bit smaller and easier to stick behind the cluster.

The only negative about the box from Romania is that it comes with bare wires, and you're meant to splice them into your car's wires. I decided I wanted a less intrusive solution, so I combined the best of the two modules, wiring from the Chinese one, and the actual circuitry/box from the Romanian one. This way it made it plug-and-play. Which is nice if I ever want to unplug it.

Here are some photos:

Chinese Ebay Box with harness cut off

Romanian box spliced up to the harness from the Chinese box (Blue/Black and Yellow/Black wires were not used in my case because I don't have a KAFAS camera or module)

Finished harness and module wrapped in Tesa tape, ready to plug into the car's current connectors

Speed graphic and the overspeed line (deeper red under the needle) in Comfort Mode

Speed graphic and the overspeed line (deeper red under the needle) in Sport Mode

Regarding coding:
I don't recall if it was in this particular thread or another (I've perused so many forums about this) someone mentioned that the way to go for this mod is NOT to VO code 8TH, but to just FDL code a couple of parameters. I fully agree with that assessment. VO coding, if you don't have the hardware that the car expects to see (KAFAS), will throw out errors.

After initially having VO coded 8TH, I reversed it (removed it from SALAPAS), and instead only changed the following codes:

Code:
HU_NBT2:
SPEEDLIMIT_INFO   aktiv

DKOMBI:
SPEED_LIMIT_GENERATION   sli_gen_2
KI_PIA_SPEED_LIMIT   aktiv
Keep in mind these were the only changes that I needed to make because I don't have a HUD, if you do, there may be a couple more codes listed on this thread somewhere that will need to be changed too.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully this helps anyone venturing into this mod.

Take care!
True, don't need to VO code it like you said. You must change these parametres
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #433
japanwings
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 Gran Coupe

i ordered the one from aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...35404c4diXGIpQ
works perfect on 6WB in my 2018 F36
once above speed limit, the tacho gives a red area under the needle
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 05:58 PM   #434
Pommie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

I have read the whole thread ... yes really!

What I would like to know (because no one has said so) is ...

If I use a Chinese Emulator, apart from the KPH graphics problem, will the display read MPH units AND KPH units if I switch my display settings to either?

I will be travelling Europe but live in the UK so I want to be able to switch between the two when I want.

Would appreciate any answers ...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 04:03 AM   #435
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommie View Post
I have read the whole thread ... yes really!

What I would like to know (because no one has said so) is ...

If I use a Chinese Emulator, apart from the KPH graphics problem, will the display read MPH units AND KPH units if I switch my display settings to either?

I will be travelling Europe but live in the UK so I want to be able to switch between the two when I want.

Would appreciate any answers ...
As far as I know, after speaking to the Chinese seller, is the letters 'kph' will always be visible. However the speed will be in mph as per your speedo read out.

If you can switch your speedo to read kph the speed will then show as kph.

Hope this makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:21 AM   #436
Pommie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
As far as I know, after speaking to the Chinese seller, is the letters 'kph' will always be visible. However the speed will be in mph as per your speedo read out.

Hope this makes sense.
Makes perfect sense, thank you so much!

I have HUD so won’t display SLI on instruments, just on the screen so no problem!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:25 AM   #437
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommie View Post
Quote:

Hope this makes sense.
Makes perfect sense, thank you so much!

I have HUD so won’t display SLI on instruments, just on the screen so no problem!
Exactly! I have hud too and only realised after I had purchased the Romanian one that I could have got the Chinese one and only view in HUD without the kph bothering me.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 10:04 AM   #438
Suprnowa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31

I have only one question? Does it work with F30 CIC 10.2012 with Business Navigation 6.5” maps MOVE 2019 and 6WA cluster and HUD.
I think is a HU_CHAMP2

Last edited by Suprnowa; 03-01-2020 at 10:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #439
Ashm3_uk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprnowa View Post
I have only one question? Does it work with F30 CIC 10.2012 with Business Navigation 6.5" maps MOVE 2019 and 6WA cluster and HUD.
I think is a HU_CHAMP2
Hi supernova. If you ask the Romanian guy he will run your Vin and verify if it's compatible.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:25 AM   #440
x-m4n
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Gran Turismo (F34)

Quote:
Could you please share a link to these clips?
Appreciate 0