F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Seat belt extender stuck after coding
proTUNING Freaks

01-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #1
Poodle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Coupe, 2019 X5

Seat belt extender stuck after coding

I just coded a few things for my F32 through Bimmercode today. However, unintentionally, the seat belt extender at driver side is stuck in the extended position after some coding. Do you guys know how to fix it besides restoring the backup? I hope there is some coding to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Just restore the ACSM module.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #3
Poodle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
Thanks! It actually resolved itself after I return in an hour or so. Probably the module was confused right after coding but in the end it times out.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 11:45 AM   #4
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
Just had this same issue happen to me last night. I tried toggling a setting for the ACSM off and on to no avail. Also left the car overnight to see if the extender would retract on its own but still hasn't. Am I forced to restore from back up?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 11:46 AM   #5
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
Thanks! It actually resolved itself after I return in an hour or so. Probably the module was confused right after coding but in the end it times out.
Did you leave the car unlocked or locked during this time? Seems like no one else has had this issue on the F32 or have a way to avoid this.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
Poodle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalow_key View Post
Quote:
Did you leave the car unlocked or locked during this time? Seems like no one else has had this issue on the F32 or have a way to avoid this.
The car is on but the engine is off during coding. Then I turn on the engine briefly and drive it around in the parking lot. Then the issue has been resolved after the car is left completely off for an hour or so.
Appreciate 1
_das_bae_374.50
      02-22-2020, 03:07 PM   #7
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The car is on but the engine is off during coding. Then I turn on the engine briefly and drive it around in the parking lot. Then the issue has been resolved after the car is left completely off for an hour or so.
So interestingly enough I let it sit a full 24hrs locked and then unlocked it after and it seems to have retracted itself. I have no idea why it needed to take that long for it to fix itself but I will try driving the car around and see whether or not the issue returns.

A few other people I asked about it said that the module could have been confused at some stage of the coding process. I guess this is not as noticed since only the coupes have the seatbelt extenders. As much as I want to test to see why this happens, its working now and I'm afraid that it could get stuck again permanently
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #8
Poodle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalow_key View Post
Quote:
So interestingly enough I let it sit a full 24hrs locked and then unlocked it after and it seems to have retracted itself. I have no idea why it needed to take that long for it to fix itself but I will try driving the car around and see whether or not the issue returns.

A few other people I asked about it said that the module could have been confused at some stage of the coding process. I guess this is not as noticed since only the coupes have the seatbelt extenders. As much as I want to test to see why this happens, its working now and I'm afraid that it could get stuck again permanently
My philosophy: Once everything is working as you want, don't touch the code...
Appreciate 1
_das_bae_374.50
      02-22-2020, 03:16 PM   #9
_das_bae_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My philosophy: Once everything is working as you want, don't touch the code...
I will definitely not be touching it again haha! Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0