F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > MPPSK on B58 owners in Columbus area
ARMA SPEED

07-07-2018, 07:38 PM   #1
SnowmanF36
Rep
Drives: 2019 440ix MPPSK

MPPSK on B58 owners in Columbus area

I'm considering MPPSK for my 2019 440 but would like to hear it in person before committing to purchasing. Anyone in Columbus with MPPSK installed with B58 engine willing to meet up ?

This is my wifes daily driver and my toy on the weekends, just need to make sure its tolerable in comfort mode for her.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #2
SnowmanF36
Rep

No one, guess I could be the first!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #3
SnowmanF36
Rep

MPPSK Installed this past Friday. Impressive!
Appreciate 1
kern4174442.00
      08-31-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
metinemre
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanF36 View Post
MPPSK Installed this past Friday. Impressive!
I`m debating since the 2018 purchase last year. It was on options list but removed it last minute after hearing the gunshot explosions in sport mode. Still debating to get it or not. I really find those gunshot drones whatever a little cheesy. But i`m also dying to get it for the extra power and better sound haha. I wish extra drones could be deleted. Can they?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 07:43 PM   #5
SnowmanF36
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metinemre View Post
I`m debating since the 2018 purchase last year. It was on options list but removed it last minute after hearing the gunshot explosions in sport mode. Still debating to get it or not. I really find those gunshot drones whatever a little cheesy. But i`m also dying to get it for the extra power and better sound haha. I wish extra drones could be deleted. Can they?
I was worried about the gun shots as well as I didn't want it to seem like I was teenager(no offense, I'm almost 50) They are little annoying to me when they happen (but I do smile), but you almost have to purposely do it by bringing the RPM's up to 6k or so and then stay off the gas for the to "Bangs" Exhaust does "burble" constantly which has a great deep sporty sound when coasting or light down shifting. The exhaust sounds amazing in sport or + mode and is very addicting. Comfort mode is normal sound as you have today with no bangs or load burbles.

The extra power can be felt and is noticeable.

Well worth in my opinion, valved exhaust is there went you want it (which is all the time I do not find the exhaust overly loud but I'm an exhaust type of guy with a Ram Truck as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #6
metinemre
Rep
Drives: 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowmanF36 View Post
I was worried about the gun shots as well as I didn't want it to seem like I was teenager(no offense, I'm almost 50) They are little annoying to me when they happen (but I do smile), but you almost have to purposely do it by bringing the RPM's up to 6k or so and then stay off the gas for the to "Bangs" Exhaust does "burble" constantly which has a great deep sporty sound when coasting or light down shifting. The exhaust sounds amazing in sport or + mode and is very addicting. Comfort mode is normal sound as you have today with no bangs or load burbles.

The extra power can be felt and is noticeable.

Well worth in my opinion, valved exhaust is there went you want it (which is all the time I do not find the exhaust overly loud but I'm an exhaust type of guy with a Ram Truck as a daily driver.
I`m almost 40 so i don`t think i would feel comfortable with those explosions . Burbling, roaring is perfectly ok but gunshots lol i don`t know. I use sport mode a lot so they would be inevitable for me.

I have a question, with the hp and torque increase after mppsk could you say that comfort mode is like the sport mode of a stock 440? Or power gain effects only noticeable and obvious at sport mode vs sport mode?
Because if i`m going to get the power of stock car sport mode in a kit upgraded comfort mode than i guess i can live with it occasionally.
Appreciate 0