F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 320i ST XA Suspension Coilover and Genuine M Performance Brake Kit upgrade
ARMA SPEED

03-04-2022, 02:18 AM   #1
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

BMW F30 320i ST XA Suspension Coilover and Genuine M Performance Brake Kit upgrade

After 9 years of ownership finally the car is getting its upgrade.
ST Suspension STXA Coilover Kit and M Performance Brake kit was chosen for the upgrade.
As you know M Performance brake kit doesn't come with rear discs so, why not get something better with a tiny bit of extra cost. Brembo high carbon rear disc was then chosen.
For this set of STXA suspension, height and rebound damping can be adjusted.
There's 16 levels of damping and the initial set up was 9 clicks open.
As shown in photos, oem top mounts and swing arms were also changed since the old bushings were all torn out...
The first drive after installing the brakes and the coilovers was so much better than before. During the first 90 degrees turn on road the car already feels completely different. I will never say there is no body roll at all but its significantly less than stock suspension. Current rebound damping settings can easily handle everyday use and it does't feel over stiff at all.
Brakes feels much stronger too comparing to stock one pistons brakes. Car stops in a more linear motion as well when braking.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
djacinto373.00
      01-10-2024, 12:27 PM   #2
esteves09_92
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARMIX View Post
After 9 years of ownership finally the car is getting its upgrade.
ST Suspension STXA Coilover Kit and M Performance Brake kit was chosen for the upgrade.
As you know M Performance brake kit doesn't come with rear discs so, why not get something better with a tiny bit of extra cost. Brembo high carbon rear disc was then chosen.
For this set of STXA suspension, height and rebound damping can be adjusted.
There's 16 levels of damping and the initial set up was 9 clicks open.
As shown in photos, oem top mounts and swing arms were also changed since the old bushings were all torn out...
The first drive after installing the brakes and the coilovers was so much better than before. During the first 90 degrees turn on road the car already feels completely different. I will never say there is no body roll at all but its significantly less than stock suspension. Current rebound damping settings can easily handle everyday use and it does't feel over stiff at all.
Brakes feels much stronger too comparing to stock one pistons brakes. Car stops in a more linear motion as well when braking.
hello. I'm doing this upgrade on my BMW F32. I have some questions if you can help me.
-Are the discs and calipers exchanged directly and applied to the same fittings or is any change necessary? -Are the oil pipes changed or are the same ones that were in the car used?
-The dust covers (disc reflectors), need to be changed? Or are they the same as the originals, with the same measurements as they came from?

Thank you, Sérgio Esteves, from Portugal
Appreciate 1
iCARMIX154.50
      01-10-2024, 08:36 PM   #3
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteves09_92 View Post
hello. I'm doing this upgrade on my BMW F32. I have some questions if you can help me.
-Are the discs and calipers exchanged directly and applied to the same fittings or is any change necessary? -Are the oil pipes changed or are the same ones that were in the car used?
-The dust covers (disc reflectors), need to be changed? Or are they the same as the originals, with the same measurements as they came from?

Thank you, Sérgio Esteves, from Portugal
Hi Sérgio!
Thanks for contacting me via Whatsapp. I left your answer in your inbox. Please let me know how it went, maybe even send me some photos of before and after.