F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT2 EVO ID5 on bench -> no more text after coding
GetBMWParts

08-27-2022, 08:48 AM   #1
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

NBT2 EVO ID5 on bench -> no more text after coding

Hi everyone,

Successfully setup my bench to make updates ,coding and ECU flashing.

With an EVO ID5, I tried to switch from Polish Language to English(UK or US), and now all texts are gone. I tried to revert back with backups but text never came back.
All other codings made are done without any problem. Checked with a new FA, and custom FA and still no text.

I read all over the internet that it can be fixed just by connecting a kombi on it, and that's what I did without any success.

Is it necessary to flash the unit to get text back ? I even tried to code default values. same point.

I-level 1611502

Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Hi everyone,

With an EVO ID5, I tried to switch from Polish Language to English(UK or US), and now all texts are gone. I tried to revert back with backups but text never came back.
All other codings made are done without any problem. Checked with a new FA, and custom FA and still no text.

I read all over the internet that it can be fixed just by connecting a kombi on it, and that's what I did without any success.

Is it necessary to flash the unit to get text back ? I even tried to code default values. same point.

I-level 1611502

Thanks for any help
no need to flash unit
you can use _dev_uds to fix that easily
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #3
random_flasher
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F56

Thanks for answering.
As soon as I load this with tool32 I have an error : apiJob("_DEV_UDS","hu_special_nbtevo_repair_nand", "","")

EDIABAS Error 19 : IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLUNIT

Edit: finally worked by ENET

Thanks

Last edited by random_flasher; 08-27-2022 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Thanks for answering.
As soon as I load this with tool32 I have an error : apiJob("_DEV_UDS","hu_special_nbtevo_repair_nand", "","")

EDIABAS Error 19 : IFH-0009: NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLUNIT

Edit: finally worked by ENET

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 09:47 AM   #5
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_flasher View Post
Hi everyone,

I-level 1611502

Thanks for any help
Can you share your bench set up to make headunit coding possible? I am in the process of acquiring all the pieces for NBT Evo retrofit and would like to code on bench and not on car, I want it to be totally plug and play once it is installed in the car.

I have the controller, screen, and NBT Evo. Its unclear to me if I need a ZGW as well (I see a lot of ebay wiring harness have wire already spliced out for ZGW). I wouldn't be opposed to making my own wiring harness I just need to find the wiring diagram to get the pin maps. Thanks
Appreciate 0