F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Absolutely no audio in car!
proTUNING Freaks

11-12-2023, 11:04 AM   #1
Spanielgita
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F31 2015

Absolutely no audio in car!

OK bit of a story here but a quick synopsis of my issue is;

Installed a Vibe amplifier to my F30 335D under seat subwoofers and forgot to unplug one from the original speaker wiring loom. I know have absolutely NO audio output through any speaker. No DAB, no BT audio, no USB audio, no door chimes, PDC etc.....

Now for some details;

The car is a base stereo unit – amplification comes from the HU which is a NBT EVO ID4

4 door card speakers and 2 under seat subs.

I originally installed the VIBE 65.4 Amplifier (harness for original ISO loom) to boost the door speakers which worked fine and was a decent upgrade. Added two Audio Fischer Co-Axial speakers to the front doors to bring some much needed treble, again system was working fine.

Now things started going wrong....

I then thought the lower end BASS felt a bit lacking so decided to get the Vibe 400.1 sub amp for the under seats. I soldered 2 new speaker cables to each sub and hooked them up to the 400.1 amp.

What I failed to do was unplug the original wiring loom from both subs. I these come from the HU to the subs and then up to the door card speakers. I unplugged the loom from the drivers side sub but not the passenger side sub.

I then foolishly powered on the amp and I now have absolutely no audio whatsoever!! There was no pops or bangs when the audio went.

Things I have checked so far;

Firstly I returned the car to stock, removing both amps and plugging in original connections as before I started anything.,

Every fuse in the boot and engine fuse box. Checked visually and with a multimeter. I actually found a blown 20A but this was related to the front cigarette socket.

Every door speaker with a multimeter and they give around 8 ohms
replaced the HU and no difference

unplugged the car battery and left overnight (12 hours).

Only things left I can think that might be damaged is the wiring somewhere or something to do with the coding of the car? I have included screenshots of a recent ISTA readout that shows issues with the ASD unit. I have no idea if that would affect current audio.

Any help that results in the remedy of this problem will be much appreciated. I am currently driving with a Bluetooth speaker to keep my sanity.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Name:  image0.jpeg
Views: 98
Size:  856.8 KB

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 72
Size:  862.6 KB

Name:  image2.jpeg
Views: 70
Size:  628.9 KB

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  374.6 KB