F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding sport automatic transmission removed auto shift at max rpm.
proTUNING Freaks

07-22-2023, 01:00 PM   #1
nooitgenoeg
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 340i xDrive

Coding sport automatic transmission removed auto shift at max rpm.

I just coded in Sport automatic transmission + paddle shifters retro fit and noticed that it didn't automatically shift at max rpm when the shifter is on m/s (to the left). I searched around to find a method to keep it shifting automatically at max rpm as it used to do as I have no desire to let it get in the red line. Does anyone know if it's possible to code in automatic shifting at max rpm while enabling the sport auto transmission? I'm using Bimmercode but am open to use an alternative method if required.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooitgenoeg View Post
I just coded in Sport automatic transmission + paddle shifters retro fit and noticed that it didn't automatically shift at max rpm when the shifter is on m/s (to the left). I searched around to find a method to keep it shifting automatically at max rpm as it used to do as I have no desire to let it get in the red line. Does anyone know if it's possible to code in automatic shifting at max rpm while enabling the sport auto transmission? I'm using Bimmercode but am open to use an alternative method if required.
You shift to the left for manual operation. If you want it to shift for you, you keep it to the right in automatic.

You do not go to the left (manual) if you want it to baby you.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 03:57 PM   #3
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post
You shift to the left for manual operation. If you want it to shift for you, you keep it to the right in automatic.

I think you are misunderstanding the OP's issue.

SAT like the standard AT, if working correctly, will auto change in M/S shifter position, if you don't trigger manual steptronic mode, with shifter or paddles.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 06:22 PM   #4
nooitgenoeg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I think you are misunderstanding the OP's issue.

SAT like the standard AT, if working correctly, will auto change in M/S shifter position, if you don't trigger manual steptronic mode, with shifter or paddles.
Before I added paddles and coding in the sport automatic transmission mode, I never redlined. It would always auto shift at 7.5k rpm (right before the redline). This had accuracy that I will never be able to beat consistently. Perhaps I never activated the "manual streptronic mode" trigger with the shifter before I coded in St? I was manual shifting with the shifter all the time.

Last edited by nooitgenoeg; 07-22-2023 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 07:13 AM   #5
rlesko
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2012 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YASBBYM3 View Post

This is not how my car behaves. I coded 2TB myself and swapped to a steering wheel with paddle shifters. If I hit the shifter 'left' it will still behave like automatic, but the car behaves differently (shifts happen at different RPMs, higher ones IIRC).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 12:36 PM   #6
nooitgenoeg
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
This is not how my car behaves. I coded 2TB myself and swapped to a steering wheel with paddle shifters. If I hit the shifter 'left' it will still behave like automatic, but the car behaves differently (shifts happen at different RPMs, higher ones IIRC).
I reverted the SAT activation on bimmercode using the backup and it now shifts automatically again. I lost the sports automatic behaviour though.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 05:41 PM   #7
YASBBYM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Cs Lamborghini Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
Not on any I’ve ever owned. All with paddles from factory.
Appreciate 0