F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Car Related: things others do that annoy you
Studio RSR

01-15-2021, 07:46 AM   #67
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Pavement parking. Should be punishable by way of car crushing. Absolutely no reason for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 07:52 AM   #68
Paddy1975
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 318i

Idiot's who park directly opposite each other on a normal street because neither of them wants to walk 5 ft causing you to squeeze through a gap because you actually care about your car.
      01-15-2021, 07:59 AM   #69
Paddy1975
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

The drivers who sit a garage petrol pumps and SLOW down when they know you are waiting to fill up, you know the ones, they fill up then decide they will go into the shop rather than pay at the pump and then do the weeks shop and lottery while they are in there. then when they do arrive back at the car then adjust the seat/mirror/remaining hair/make up. same one who stand at the tyre pressure hose till the time has run out god forbid you would use some of the 20p air they paid for.
      01-15-2021, 08:11 AM   #70
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy1975 View Post
The drivers who sit a garage petrol pumps and SLOW down when they know you are waiting to fill up, you know the ones, they fill up then decide they will go into the shop rather than pay at the pump and then do the weeks shop and lottery while they are in there. then when they do arrive back at the car then adjust the seat/mirror/remaining hair/make up. same one who stand at the tyre pressure hose till the time has run out god forbid you would use some of the 20p air they paid for.
Don’t want to get in your way at the petrol station

One quick point, all the pumps I’ve ever used you have to decide before you start filling if you’re paying in the shop or the pump. I’m pretty sure you can’t select after. I need a receipt and I’m fed up of pumps being out of paper, so I always opt for the shop.

And I suspect they haven’t decided they want to buy something in the shop based on you going purple over your steering wheel!

I still blame the wife for putting you in a bad mood before you went to fill up.
Appreciate 2
      01-15-2021, 08:20 AM   #71
Paddy1975
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Don’t want to get in your way at the petrol station

One quick point, all the pumps I’ve ever used you have to decide before you start filling if you’re paying in the shop or the pump. I’m pretty sure you can’t select after. I need a receipt and I’m fed up of pumps being out of paper, so I always opt for the shop.

And I suspect they haven’t decided they want to buy something in the shop based on you going purple over your steering wheel!

I still blame the wife for putting you in a bad mood before you went to fill up.
Think you may be right. right she's gone wheres the big suitcase....
      01-15-2021, 11:43 AM   #72
G50
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31

Not something others do, but when you have been having a spirited drive on a fast road with the ZF in manual mode and car in sport+, then come into town. Stop at a traffic light, car goes into 1st gear and you set off with your favourite song playing, following the car in front at ~25mph still in 1st gear with the 30d screaming at 5000rpm and pedestrians looking at you weird.

Only noticed when I came off the throttle for the next set of traffic lights to an insane amount of engine braking
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2021, 12:00 PM   #73
Gillespie
Banned
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Grandland X

Another one I was part of this morning, on a long slip road and the guy behind in his insignia about a car length back and an old dear in a fiesta in front doing about 40, I knew what the meff behind was going to do.

As soon as we got on to the dual carriageway he jumped straight to the outside lane to block me overtaking the fiesta and get ahead.

Unfortunately for him he wasn’t quick enough and I slotted over at the same time, he had to anchor on, he wasn’t happy at all

No match for the might of the Grandland X
Appreciate 3
Armaan714.50
JustChris17487.50
      01-15-2021, 01:36 PM   #74
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

People that pull onto the forecourt of a petrol station see that all the pumps are being used so then stop in an attempt to "cover" them all, blocking anyone else getting on the forecourt, just pick a pump and wait behind the other customer.

Imagine doing the same in a supermarket all the tills are being used so you attempt to create a queue so you get first dibs on any that come free...bizarre!

I actually did tell one guy that did it they they couldn't block the forecourt entrance they needed to move up to a pump and allow others to do the same.
      01-15-2021, 06:25 PM   #75
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Police/authorities in South Yorkshire. I went to Sheffield tonight for a supermarket click and collect and used the M1 for part of the journey.

Was after 9 in lockdown and next to no cars on the road. Speed limit signs say 60 mph and underneath it proudly says they’re set at that to improve air quality. Wankers.

Lorries that produce the most emissions are still flat out at 56, one car every quarter of a mile, slightly slowed, I assume is making bugger all difference.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 01-16-2021 at 04:21 AM..
Appreciate 3
Wills28656.00
G50954.50
      01-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #76
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
People that pull onto the forecourt of a petrol station see that all the pumps are being used so then stop in an attempt to "cover" them all, blocking anyone else getting on the forecourt, just pick a pump and wait behind the other customer.

Imagine doing the same in a supermarket all the tills are being used so you attempt to create a queue so you get first dibs on any that come free...bizarre!

I actually did tell one guy that did it they they couldn't block the forecourt entrance they needed to move up to a pump and allow others to do the same.
I agree that you can’t block the forecourt, stupid behaviour. But loads of shops do operate with one queue and multiple tills so you don’t get unlucky in a slow moving queue. But as you say, can’t take that principle onto a petrol station!
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      01-16-2021, 04:33 AM   #77
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Police/authorities in South Yorkshire. I went to Sheffield tonight for a supermarket click and collect and used the M1 for part of the journey.

Was after 9 in lockdown and next to no cars on the road. Speed limit signs say 60 mph and underneath it proudly says they’re set at that to improve air quality. Wankers.

Lorries that produce the most emissions are still flat out at 56, one car every quarter of a mile, slightly slowed, I assume is making bugger all difference.
Driving to Sheffield for click and collect? and a bit of Sheffield that needs the M1.... I know they dont have Waitrose in Chesterfield but that's a bit keen!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 04:34 AM   #78
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B View Post
Pavement parking. Should be punishable by way of car crushing. Absolutely no reason for it.
100%

There's a small narrow road near me, with narrow pavements too, and these fuckers park half-on, half-off the pavement. The net result of this is utterly pointless: the road is narrow enough so that if traffic is approaching each other then one will have to wait anyway so the parked car may as well be fully on the road, as it would make no difference to traffic flow. Instead they block the pavement as well without any consideration at all. You try pushing an elderly person past in a wheelchair where most don't bother folding mirrors either. Don't worry you selfish cunts, I'll push grandfather down an un-dropped kerb and into the traffic. Sad thing is by parking like that they probably think they're being considerate to other road users.
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #79
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Driving to Sheffield for click and collect? and a bit of Sheffield that needs the M1.... I know they dont have Waitrose in Chesterfield but that's a bit keen!
Our Morrison’s delivery slot was cancelled when it was on the van Thursday evening because of the snow.

Wanted a slot Friday as out of food altogether. Click and collect fairly limited in Chesterfield and surrounds so couldn’t find a slot anywhere. Sheffield has many more slots and found a Tesco one for Friday.

Wouldn’t normally go via M1, travelled there the more direct route, but even the A61 at Woodseats was still treacherous in the snow and ice on the way there. 5 miles an hour down the hill. So on the way back I went a longer but much clearer and safer way.

I could have driven a shorter journey and done a shop in a usually very busy Morrison’s, with pretty narrow aisles. But decided the odds of an accident on the drive probably weren’t much different to catching Covid in Morrison’s.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18769.50
      01-16-2021, 07:11 AM   #80
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

And in the end it’s probably better that I didn’t go in a shop. Not for catching something, but for spreading.

This morning, a few days after my hospital visit, which is the only place I’ve been in a few weeks, for more than a minute or two, I have a runny nose, congestion and a slight cough. Sounds quite likely to be just a cold.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:27 AM   #81
Yawn07
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncarlyon View Post
People who stay in a particular lane because they need to be in that lane about 3 miles down the road. Forcing me to undertake them.
This
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #82
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Our Morrison’s delivery slot was cancelled when it was on the van Thursday evening because of the snow.

Wanted a slot Friday as out of food altogether. Click and collect fairly limited in Chesterfield and surrounds so couldn’t find a slot anywhere. Sheffield has many more slots and found a Tesco one for Friday.

Wouldn’t normally go via M1, travelled there the more direct route, but even the A61 at Woodseats was still treacherous in the snow and ice on the way there. 5 miles an hour down the hill. So on the way back I went a longer but much clearer and safer way.

I could have driven a shorter journey and done a shop in a usually very busy Morrison’s, with pretty narrow aisles. But decided the odds of an accident on the drive probably weren’t much different to catching Covid in Morrison’s.
Forgot you had had snow.... Woodseats in snow is never fun, I got stuck there back in about 1986/7 and had to walk home to Bolsover .... RWD Cavaliers on budget tyres were never much good in snow, and I certainly had no idea how to drive in it back then!
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2021, 09:01 AM   #83
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
And in the end it’s probably better that I didn’t go in a shop. Not for catching something, but for spreading.

This morning, a few days after my hospital visit, which is the only place I’ve been in a few weeks, for more than a minute or two, I have a runny nose, congestion and a slight cough. Sounds quite likely to be just a cold.
Sure it will be but hope you feel better soon...
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2021, 12:04 PM   #84
BigBanana
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beemer F30 335D

Being a passenger when the wife's driving.

She always slows down when approaching an island and looks straight ahead.
Look to the right earlier and see if anything is approaching.

If not, don't fecking slow down!
      01-16-2021, 12:07 PM   #85
RhysoTDI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

People who HAVE to fill up on the side of the petrol flap. Clearly haven’t worked out that the hose extends....

On the flip side it does allow me to jump the queue
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #86
Gillespie
Banned
Rep
Drives: Vauxhall Grandland X

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhysoTDI View Post
People who HAVE to fill up on the side of the petrol flap. Clearly haven’t worked out that the hose extends....

On the flip side it does allow me to jump the queue
And scratch your car.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #87
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanana View Post
Being a passenger when the wife's driving.

She always slows down when approaching an island and looks straight ahead.
Look to the right earlier and see if anything is approaching.

If not, don't fecking slow down!
People who call roundabouts, islands.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #88
RhysoTDI
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Quote: