F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My Mineral White 328 is here!
Studio RSR

06-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #23
HiTek
Info-Maniac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tez Bimmer View Post
Hi all, I'm a first timer to this forum. Great to see such interest and passion. Cool photos. How does it drive? Is the satnav business or professional package? I have just ordered on the weekend my very first BMW, an F30 328i sport line (Melbourne Australia).

Mineral White
Coral Red Interior
Variable sport steering
M sport suspension
Comfort access
Rear view camera
Electric sunroof
Heating for the front seats
Headlights: Bi Xenon, Adaptive, Headlight Washer System, High Beam Assist
Head Up Display
Extended Connectivity Bluetooth/USB
Instrument Cluster with Extended Contents
Window Tint
Sport line key pouch
BMW car mats

ETA late August, I hope...CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!
The car drives great so far! As for the nav, 2012 US spec cars can only get one type of nav (which I assume is the same as your professional nav), and it comes only as part of the tech package (Nav, Hud, HDD, etc.). It is really overpriced IMO. For 2013, you can get the nav as a seperate option, but still only one type of nav AFAIK.

I ordered the cold weather package, but they did not give me the heated steering wheel. I need to take that up with the CA this week. Also, there are some small defects in the paint (looks like particles were sprayed over, and the car was not prepped properly in a clean room) that I didn't notice until I was putting a coat of wax on it. I doubt the CA will do anything to rectify this, but I will make a stink about it anyway.
MW 328i Sport/Premium, Cold Weather & Tech Pkgs/Sport Auto. Trans/Variable Sport Steering/Xenons/Park Distance Control/M Performance Black Kidney Grills & Gloss Black Whiskers/Black Gloss roof Wrap/Dinan Exhaust/aFe Intake/JB4 w/ Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
I have the same configuration on order, except AW.

How did you get the black "whiskers?"
I think they are the little slats next to the fog lights, which come from the factory in a chrome/aluminum. I am trying to find them in gloss black, OP where'd you get these?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Stunning!
      06-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #26
HiTek
Info-Maniac
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
I think they are the little slats next to the fog lights, which come from the factory in a chrome/aluminum. I am trying to find them in gloss black, OP where'd you get these?
I ordered the parts here: http://parts.ind-distribution.com

On a separate note, I installed the painted reflectors today. They are a bit darker than the rest of the car's paint. To be fair to IND, they mentioned it would be hard to match the mineral white exactly, and I took the chance anyway. I think this color would be the absolute hardest to match, but I was just hoping it would work out. I am thinking I may need to put the orange ones back in. Boo. I really can't fault IND, they warned me, and I gambled. In any case, I would definitely do business with them again!
MW 328i Sport/Premium, Cold Weather & Tech Pkgs/Sport Auto. Trans/Variable Sport Steering/Xenons/Park Distance Control/M Performance Black Kidney Grills & Gloss Black Whiskers/Black Gloss roof Wrap/Dinan Exhaust/aFe Intake/JB4 w/ Bluetooth

Last edited by HiTek; 06-19-2012 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #27
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
I love the color. Nice car.
      06-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #28
Serenitygal3
Formerly bmwluvr3 on e90post.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M Sport

Congrats on the new ride! Just a quick question.... Is there a significant difference between the Mineral White and the Alpine White?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #29
BMWinGE
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Congrats! Very similar to my car on the exterior. I don't have the whiskers or painted reflectors though, still deciding.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #30
HiTek
Info-Maniac
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitygal3 View Post
Congrats on the new ride! Just a quick question.... Is there a significant difference between the Mineral White and the Alpine White?
I believe there is, and I can tell the color passing by immediately. AW is just basic, flat white. MW has metallic that changes the car's color depending on the light it is in.

Under street lights, at night, it almost looks silver. During the day, with bright direct sunlight, it almost has that "frozen" effect. Daytime, non-direct sunlight or clouds, it look like a slightly metallic AW.

This is just my opinion based on the 3 weeks I have had my car, and I am by no means a color expert. BTW, I love the AW also. It is just such a clean look, and easier to match the paint for aftermarket mods or touch ups.
Appreciate 0