F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > shuffle playlist oddities?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
protocolor
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 with Nav, no assist

shuffle playlist oddities?

Hey all. I have an F30 with combox media that allows me to play over usb (regular cable) or bluetooth streaming. i often use spotify as my music player, but it happens on locally stored music (iphone 5/ios 6.0.1, latest bmw update 1006) as well. Basically, what happens is if I shuffle a playlist, it gets all crazy most of the time after the first track and shows things like negative track numbers out of thousands of tracks (eg -478/1045) even if the playlist is only 50 songs long (for example). those numbers change and skip around too, but typically stay negative. the track info often does not update after that.

is this a bug? does it happen to anyone else? it's pretty annoying, especially when the track info just stops updating and even when the next song plays, it shows the previous track info still going for several minutes, usually until i choose a new playlist or single song. and of course the album art being displayed is equally spotty. a lot of times it simply shows text (even if it previously showed the art for the same track).
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
protocolor
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 with Nav, no assist

by the way, here's a screen of one of the weird behaviors. when shuffling, occasionally the track will go out of bounds (eg track 62 out of 51 tracks). when it does, the info displays nothing. when the track is over, if it goes to a new track and chooses a number < 51, the info will be displayed again. or sometimes it will just continue that way until i unplug the phone or choose something else to play.

Appreciate 0