F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

11-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #2025
airshaq20
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M, E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
See the screenshot
Question on the Navi speaker. How to I set the Android so maps/navigation outputs to this speaker only.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 03:11 PM   #2026
andru
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW LCI 125D M Sport

Is there any method to have the WiFi turn on when I turn the car on? At the moment and it's only my first day with the unit, I have to go into the android settings and turn on the WiFi so I can connect to my phone for Waze etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #2027
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andru View Post
Is there any method to have the WiFi turn on when I turn the car on? At the moment and it's only my first day with the unit, I have to go into the android settings and turn on the WiFi so I can connect to my phone for Waze etc.
I use an Android Apk called Hotspot Automatic. Fires up the Hotspot when the phone bluetooth connects to car. Small, simple program and never fails
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 02:13 AM   #2028
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by airshaq20 View Post
Question on the Navi speaker. How to I set the Android so maps/navigation outputs to this speaker only.

Thanks!
I don't think this is possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 04:44 AM   #2029
andru
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainy View Post
I use an Android Apk called Hotspot Automatic. Fires up the Hotspot when the phone bluetooth connects to car. Small, simple program and never fails

Thanks for that, I'll take a look, is this for my phone or head unit? I'm looking for a way to have the head units wifi enabled as soon as it starts up instead of going through the menu and turning it on manually.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 07:24 AM   #2030
benjaminwt
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F33 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
They always say that to cover their backs in case something goes wrong.

Full iDrive support was introduced in firmware 3.8.5 (or around there), Android 9. You should be on Android 10 if you bought your unit recently, so iDrive should work out of the box. Can you take a picture of your system info?
I am on android 10, have a CCC unit and have the same issue, also the rpm's reading is not stable or accurate, I can use the menu button, but the drive button does nothing, however, the cursor does jump around the screen when the steering wheel is turned just right... seems strange.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 08:45 AM   #2031
Stainy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435d Xdrive

Quote:
Thanks for that, I'll take a look, is this for my phone or head unit? I'm looking for a way to have the head units wifi enabled as soon as it starts up instead of going through the menu and turning it on manually.
For the phone.....the headunit should start automatically unless you turn it off / put it into flight mode
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #2032
andru
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainy View Post
For the phone.....the headunit should start automatically unless you turn it off / put it into flight mode

That's the problem I've got, the headunits wifi is always off when I start the car up even though I leave it on when turning the car off. My old Android head unit used to remember the last state of the wifi and was on all the time, this one doesn't for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 07:14 AM   #2033
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
That's the problem I've got, the headunits wifi is always off when I start the car up even though I leave it on when turning the car off.
Try this: Factory Settings, Zlink, uncheck.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 08:28 AM   #2034
andru
Private
Rep

Quote:
Try this: Factory Settings, Zlink, uncheck.
Thanks, that worked perfectly, WIFI now stays on after a reboot. What is Zlink?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #2035
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Zlink enables WiFi Hotspot (necessary for Apply Carplay). Since Hotspot and WiFi cannot run at the same time, WiFi is disabled when Zlink is enabled.
Appreciate 3
F20_M135i100.50
andru11.50
Stainy262.00
      11-29-2020, 04:04 PM   #2036
MightyMouseSP
Spain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36

Quote:
Zlink enables WiFi Hotspot (necessary for Apply Carplay). Since Hotspot and WiFi cannot run at the same time, WiFi is disabled when Zlink is enabled.
Is zlink compatible with 4G? I mean... can you get data from iphone and from sim card at the same time...?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 07:15 PM   #2037
HEEDlight
Rep
Drives: F36

I just thought that the android screen actually also could used for a extended car alarm or even car tracking after it got stolen. Any idea which software to use?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #2038
Popo
Bobafett
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328 Msport Xdrive

So I bought a car link wireless CarPlay dongle. It requires you to install “Autokit” app. I’ve done so and it works. However, whenever I turn off the car, the app disappears. In other words, it doesn’t persist. It’s still in the file explorer but I have to reinstall it. Any help would be appreciated!!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:49 PM   #2039
jake1234
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i GT (G32)

Has anyone else that has the HK 16 speaker surround system notice the sound quality is far worse than with OEM? It seems the majority of sound I hear is coming from the centre speaker and much less from the side tweeters and mid range speakers. Plenty of bass though. When compared to OEM it is just unlistenable I'm on the latest firmware.

Is this common or has my unit been hooked up wrong? I had it professionally installed so I'd really like to know if I need to take it back to them. Thanks!

I also sometimes only get sound from the centre speaker (no bass or any other speakers that I can tell) which only comes back after playing around with switching inputs and volume.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 12:23 AM   #2040
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEEDlight View Post
I just thought that the android screen actually also could used for a extended car alarm or even car tracking after it got stolen. Any idea which software to use?
For that to work Android would have to be always awake. Tracking system that only works 20-30sec after the car is started is pretty useless. Most stolen vehicle are never to be driven again and are striped for parts.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:45 AM   #2041
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1234 View Post
Has anyone else that has the HK 16 speaker surround system notice the sound quality is far worse than with OEM? It seems the majority of sound I hear is coming from the centre speaker and much less from the side tweeters and mid range speakers. Plenty of bass though. When compared to OEM it is just unlistenable I'm on the latest firmware.

Is this common or has my unit been hooked up wrong? I had it professionally installed so I'd really like to know if I need to take it back to them. Thanks!

I also sometimes only get sound from the centre speaker (no bass or any other speakers that I can tell) which only comes back after playing around with switching inputs and volume.
Have you installed Sound Restorer app? It helps to keep your android sound stable, avoid such cases when the sound goes out of the central speaker only.

Is your OEM system NBT or CIC? Normally on NBT there are no sound issues like on CIC where you need to connect AUX using extension cable in some cases.

Try also sound settings in the android, different sound sources, different players to compare.
Normally sound from android side is comparable with oem, since aux is just a part of your oem system.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:28 AM   #2042
mcc_uk
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E70 X5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
For that to work Android would have to be always awake. Tracking system that only works 20-30sec after the car is started is pretty useless. Most stolen vehicle are never to be driven again and are striped for parts.

Agreed its not perfect, but I've got Home Assistant running on my HU, which does provide GPS tracking of the car when the HU is running, which works pretty well for what I need it for like finding the last place I think I parked and some other location based triggers I use.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 07:43 AM   #2043
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc_uk View Post
Agreed its not perfect, but I've got Home Assistant running on my HU, which does provide GPS tracking of the car when the HU is running, which works pretty well for what I need it for like finding the last place I think I parked and some other location based triggers I use.
Well yes, if you want something basic more like "shit, where did I park my car?!" then it should be fine. Theft protection / GPS tracking that ain't. You can also use Find My Phone function if you have your HU logged in to a Google account.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:01 AM   #2044
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Have you installed Sound Restorer app? It helps to keep your android sound stable, avoid such cases when the sound goes out of the central speaker only.

Is your OEM system NBT or CIC? Normally on NBT there are no sound issues like on CIC where you need to connect AUX using extension cable in some cases.

Try also sound settings in the android, different sound sources, different players to compare.
Normally sound from android side is comparable with oem, since aux is just a part of your oem system.
This is not linked only to the type of Idrive but also to the presence of COMBOX in the trunk

which sends the audio sources in the opposite direction I have for example a CIC NBT HIGH (origin with COMBOX) and a HU NBT (Android ) and the sound with an AUX cable (audiophile good quality) in the armrest gives satisfaction according to the digital sound file of course.

However, there are still some high volume breath noises which are annoying
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 09:04 AM   #2045
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
This is not linked only to the type of Idrive but also to the presence of COMBOX in the trunk

which sends the audio sources in the opposite direction I have for example a CIC NBT HIGH (origin with COMBOX) and a HU NBT (Android ) and the sound with an AUX cable (audiophile good quality) in the armrest gives satisfaction according to the digital sound file of course.

However, there are still some high volume breath noises which are annoying
I wrote many times that in case of CIC + combox/mulf2high you need to use either aux extension cable to the armrest or code your CIC to activate AUX in there.
In order to avoid some noises like in your case you need to connect aux wires directly to oem aux harness before the aux socket in the armrest. Perhaps you don't need to connect the oem plug to the AUX, you should test and compare which option is better in your case.

If done correctly there will be crystal clear sound without any noise.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #2046
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetForce View Post
Hi Guys, first of all, thanks for the great community work which is done here - practically, this thread gave me enough confidence to buy one of these head units and give it a try.

I ordered a 10.25" unit from NaviFly, with blue antiglare, snapdragon 625, 64 +4GB and "integrated carplay".

Installation into my series 1 F21 LCI worked like a charm, also the system runs well and is well integrated into the car functions (iDrive controller works, etc.). Originally, the car was equipped with a 6.5" business navigation system.

Now after reading dozens of threads, seeing that it worked once, than it didn't, without describing the solution, I want to ask here again:

Is it however possible, that the system is directly starting to ZLINK, showing carplay as soon as the connection is established? (OS 2.3.6)

Thanks a lot upfront and great start into the weekend!
With 2.3.6 there is a bug with Zlink and it doesn't autostart anymore. You have to downgrade to 2.3.0 to have the older version of Zlink. If the app doesn't downgrade you must do it using APKInstaller. Until a few days ago my Zlink app was autostarting immediately, but now it takes over a minute since Bluetooth connection is stablished and I can figure why is taking so much time.
Appreciate 0