F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Dimming of Depo Angel Eyes for park light/low beam feature
proTUNING Freaks

11-29-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
ikehigh05
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

Dimming of Depo Angel Eyes for park light/low beam feature

I've had the Depo projector Headlights in my 2013 f30 for about a year and a half now. They have been great overall. Typically, when I have only the daytime running lights on(i.e no park light or low beams on), that is when my angel eyes are their brightest. When I have the parking lights and low beams on, the angel eyes dim. Yesterday, I noticed that when I had the park lights active, my passenger headlight's angle eyes did not dim, but my drivers side headlight did dim as usual. So I have a situation where when park lights are active, one headlights angle eyes are brighter than the other. The headlights share the same brightness in every other situation(i.e drl active and low beam active). Its not the biggest deal in the world but does anyone have experience or advice with this issue?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

I would like to find a way to code it so it never dims with low beams on....
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #3
ikehigh05
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xdrive

Im thinking that depo programmed them that way to avoid too much heat from the combination of low beams and the led of the angel eyes at max brightness. I wish i could keep them at max brightness as well though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
akhenat0n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2014

This is the anwser I got from USR. It comes from the power output of the car and it’s not from the headlight itself:

Thanks for your inquiry, but I believe that is how the OEM setup is, for regulation purpose, they dim it down at night so it’s not blinding up coming traffic. I do believe there are people code that out so it stays bright all the time, but it really has to do with car’s coding, not the headlight itself. Ultimately, how much power provided by the car decides how bright the angel eye’s output, so check the f30 forum, I am sure some people had done that, thanks.

There must be a way to code it.
Appreciate 0