F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F2x, F3x, F8x Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) delete
ARMA SPEED

09-26-2021, 09:49 PM   #1
TOMF30N55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive 6mt

F2x, F3x, F8x Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) delete

Hello BMW community,

New to bimmers, this is my first German car period but as a Belarussian I just thought it would be OH so fitting. Anyways, much like a ton of us on here on on forums beyond, I like to nerd out on YouTube and the forums for mods and issues and fixes to squeeze the most out of these cars. During my scouring the web, I cam upon someone talking about a CDV delete. Of course, I investigated and diagnosed some of my "problems" with the car but the results I found were for older Bimmers. Luckily, I did find a video from someone who goes by "kern417" on YouTube and he showed how to take the CDV out on the F chassis. Was definitely a great resource and my mechanic and I referred to the video once or twice no doubt. One thing I noticed: his car was RWD and mine is xDrive. So, I figured why not make another video on the process and show people how to mod their slave cylinder and reinstate the true manual feel in these cars. Apologies in advance for the A/V quality, the GoPro was dead. I'm a video professional too so this is well below my standard butttttt it's something haha. Anyways, enjoy and I hope this brings some clarity to how to do the mod and what it's like on an xdrive car.

Appreciate 0