F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > Delete Post
GetBMWParts

10-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
Mika93
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Delete Post

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
deleted.

Last edited by Mika93; 10-30-2016 at 09:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

If you bought it last month the dealership will take it back. Your story does not sound believable and your price is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
Mika93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarecrowBoat View Post
If you bought it last month the dealership will take it back. Your story does not sound believable and your price is ridiculous.
I'm sorry but what does not sound believable? I don't know how to price the car so please don't bash. Like I said, im just seeing what the car is worth. Will small local dealerships take the car back?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
Big_CG
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

They probably won't take it back. You might be able to sell it for $25k-$30k tops. Chalk it up as a life lesson learned.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #5
Mika93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_capitan View Post
They probably won't take it back. You might be able to sell it for $25k-$30k tops. Chalk it up as a life lesson learned.
Yeah I understand. I'm thinking of taking it to Carmax if nothing works out so that I don't have to deal with selling to individuals. Thanks for responding without making me even feel more stupid.

Do you by any chance know how I can delete this post or do I just let it stay?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #6
Mika93
Rep

thank you for the two replies, anyways I have decided to delete the post.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 09:55 PM   #7
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
I wish someone had bothered to quote the original story in their response because this would have been interesting now
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabrich View Post
I wish someone had bothered to quote the original story in their response because this would have been interesting now
He said he bought the car a month ago from a dealer with a clean CarFax, it has some problems so he wanted to see if they lied. Purchased a CarFax himself, came up clean, purchased another type (AutoCheck maybe) and it showed an accident to the front end. Now he doesn't want the car, dealer isn't going to take it back and wanted basically more than what one is worth in pristine condition and is claiming he "doesn't know how to price the car." If you can find your way to a forum you can find your way to Edmunds.com or KBB.

Car has major problems or he is lying about something else.
Appreciate 1
Kabrich354.00
      10-31-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
He said he bought the car a month ago from a dealer with a clean CarFax, it has some problems so he wanted to see if they lied. Purchased a CarFax himself, came up clean, purchased another type (AutoCheck maybe) and it showed an accident to the front end. Now he doesn't want the car, dealer isn't going to take it back and wanted basically more than what one is worth in pristine condition.
Thanks. Not the first or last who thinks their car is worth more than it is.

I myself have found Carfax are worthless. Had to sue Dodge to buyback one of my Vipers.

2 years later CarFax had a weekend where they gave away 1 free report.

Ran the VIN and no indication it was a buyback or ANY issue with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:19 PM   #10
Mika93
Rep

Quote:
He said he bought the car a month ago from a dealer with a clean CarFax, it has some problems so he wanted to see if they lied. Purchased a CarFax himself, came up clean, purchased another type (AutoCheck maybe) and it showed an accident to the front end. Now he doesn't want the car, dealer isn't going to take it back and wanted basically more than what one is worth in pristine condition and is claiming he "doesn't know how to price the car." If you can find your way to a forum you can find your way to Edmunds.com or KBB.

Car has major problems or he is lying about something else.
First of all, sorry to say but I'm a "she" instead of a "he". Second, I'm going to be honest and say that yeah I'm feeling very iffy about the car right now because of it's past history and I'm terrified that "what if" something bad happens or if it breaks down on me. Car itself doesn't have any major problems, it drives, it works, it's just like a normal car (that I know of). Since I'm no car enthusiast, things like these freak me out especially when I have no one to ask (I'm an international student with no family here).

I tried KBB and ended up with 38K since like I said, I might be inputting information wrong or I can't find the area to categorize it as an "accident" therefore I put whatever appears on the page.

To be honest, I'm just looking for some help instead of people bashing at me. I was hesitant to post because of things like this, yeah I know that it isn't worth 38k but I just put down whatever was given to me online. I know nothing about cars, hence why I am on here seeking for advice. I wasn't firm on the price or anything but yeah, I'd thought I let you know.

Anyways, thank you for your time.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:24 PM   #11
Mika93
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Not the first or last who thinks their car is worth more than it is.

I myself have found Carfax are worthless. Had to sue Dodge to buyback one of my Vipers.

2 years later CarFax had a weekend where they gave away 1 free report.

Ran the VIN and no indication it was a buyback or ANY issue with it.

He did in fact provide you with basically the whole story, so you didn't miss out on anything. I was basically on here seeking for advice and priced the car way overpriced for what it's worth. That's about it, nothing too fancy.

At least you ended up with one of your Vipers! I guess Carfax is really shit when it comes to reports, seems like they don't update everything like they should be. Hmm now I know not to completely rely on them since it basically hid the info on how the car was in an accident..

Anyways, thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:28 PM   #12
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika93 View Post
First of all, sorry to say but I'm a "she" instead of a "he". Second, I'm going to be honest and say that yeah I'm feeling very iffy about the car right now because of it's past history and I'm terrified that "what if" something bad happens or if it breaks down on me. Car itself doesn't have any major problems, it drives, it works, it's just like a normal car (that I know of). Since I'm no car enthusiast, things like these freak me out especially when I have no one to ask (I'm an international student with no family here).

I tried KBB and ended up with 38K since like I said, I might be inputting information wrong or I can't find the area to categorize it as an "accident" therefore I put whatever appears on the page.

To be honest, I'm just looking for some help instead of people bashing at me. I was hesitant to post because of things like this, yeah I know that it isn't worth 38k but I just put down whatever was given to me online. I know nothing about cars, hence why I am on here seeking for advice. I wasn't firm on the price or anything but yeah, I'd thought I let you know.

Anyways, thank you for your time.
Take it to CarMax and get them to give you a price on it.

Adjust from there.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 07:30 PM   #13
Mika93
Rep

Quote:
Take it to CarMax and get them to give you a price on it.

Adjust from there.
Yup will definitely be doing that soon
Appreciate 0