F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Looking to replace my brakes, need a little help.
proTUNING Freaks

10-19-2016, 05:39 PM   #23
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Here's the procedure for 335i non Brembo brakes.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 335i non brembo brakes.pdf (1.36 MB, 12930 views)
Appreciate 2
bateau67.00
      10-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #24
zerofire
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sportline

Wonderful!

All the parts came in but got put at a stand still SEVERAL times... out of everything that I had to get done, I was only able to complete the passenger side rotor and an oil change...

Brake pads that I ordered were approximately 3mm to long so obviously not the right brake pads. I was unable to get the driver side wheel off cause apparently the damn tire shop that put my new 245/40/18's on used an impact gun so I couldn't get one of the lug nuts off and now it's stripped (yay!).

Spark plugs that I ordered did not match the part#'s that I looked up from the BMW dealership. Wonderful waste of a weekend lol

I STILL need to put new pads & front sensor on, driver side rotor in, spark plugs, cabin filter... ugh... so now I need to send back some parts and re-order the correct shit. It's what I get for using Amazon lol but I learn from mistakes. Just going to search parts for a 2014-2015 328i instead of a 2012 and getting sent parts for an E9x series :\

I'll update once again when I get all the new parts in. Hopefully I don't let my frustration get the best of me and I actually take pictures this time -_- FML
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #25
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofire View Post
Wonderful!

All the parts came in but got put at a stand still SEVERAL times... out of everything that I had to get done, I was only able to complete the passenger side rotor and an oil change...

Brake pads that I ordered were approximately 3mm to long so obviously not the right brake pads. I was unable to get the driver side wheel off cause apparently the damn tire shop that put my new 245/40/18's on used an impact gun so I couldn't get one of the lug nuts off and now it's stripped (yay!).

Spark plugs that I ordered did not match the part#'s that I looked up from the BMW dealership. Wonderful waste of a weekend lol

I STILL need to put new pads & front sensor on, driver side rotor in, spark plugs, cabin filter... ugh... so now I need to send back some parts and re-order the correct shit. It's what I get for using Amazon lol but I learn from mistakes. Just going to search parts for a 2014-2015 328i instead of a 2012 and getting sent parts for an E9x series :\

I'll update once again when I get all the new parts in. Hopefully I don't let my frustration get the best of me and I actually take pictures this time -_- FML
...that's why we suggested use RealOEM.com to look up part #s and just order from getbmwparts.com.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 08:54 AM   #26
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Most love Amazon for the bargains available, but the sellers of car parts there don't compare to those that have been suggested. As you are in the DC area, you could have contacted or stopped by BMW of Silver Spring (getbmwparts.com), or Passport (mybimmerparts.com) & be assured you got the correct parts. Both have discounted internet pricing, as does BMW of Fairfax & BMW of Sterling.

You don't necessarily need brakes from the dealer. Quick delivery is also the norm for FCPEuro.com, as they are in CT. BluntTech.com drop-ships parts, so they arrive very quickly from various warehouses.

The most important factor is knowing which parts you need. Giving the vendor the wrong number can, obviously, lead to hold-ups. Use realoem.com or bmwfans.info - you can put your VIN into the system and it will get you to the correct database. A tool like http://www.furiousmethod.com/ can help you with pricing once the part number has been determined.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining

Last edited by John in VA; 12-17-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #27
madmonkey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi Alpine White

Garage List
+1 for cross reference parts at realoem.com and getBMWparts.com
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 09:08 PM   #28
bateau
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Here's the procedure for 335i non Brembo brakes.
Polo, any chance you have instructions for Brembo brakes?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 11:28 AM   #29
Rico1844
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i bmw

Hello everyone so I'm new to the bmw world and no nothing really about them just that they are nice cars I recently purchased a 2013 328i drives great love the car my only problem is I have to maintenance the car soon and want to change the brake pad because they are starting to squeak and I noticed the previous owner converted to m sport calipers and rotors and I see a slight difference in the size of the rear rotor I was wondering is that normal is it suppose to be bigger in the front? If so what break pads should I go with
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #30
gilbepichi@gmail.com
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofire View Post
Hey everyone, thanks for taking a moment to look in to my post.

I'm currently in need of replacing the front brakes and the car is out of warranty so I'm looking to replace them on my own.

I've done brakes & rotors on previous cars before but this is the first time I've had to do brakes on a BMW.

Car is a F30/328i Sportline and the brakes & rotors that I'm currently looking are from www.bavauto.com:

Bavarian Autosport Ultimate Brake Rotor Set - Front Not For M Sport Brake Package
Part # : 34 11 6 855006U - $169.95 (1 Pair)

Cool Carbon S/T Sport Brake Pad Set - Front Only for vehicles with Standard or Sport package, not for vehicles with optional M-Performance big brake kit
Part # : 8772-D1561 ST - $137.95 (1 Pair)

I've searched online for some kind of DIY in order to replace/maintenance the brakes but I guess no one has done one yet so I'm curious to know what tools would be needed in order to complete this job?

I have a standard/basic socket set but since it's a German car, I don't think I have enough tools (or the right ones) to do so. If anyone has replaced their own brakes or can provide me with some sort of service tech info, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Had anyone swap before bmw f30-f32 brakes for Infiniti G37s akebono kit ?
Is that possible please help me
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #31
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Did my front pads and rotors the other weekend. No issues, pretty easy.
Doing my rears soon. Anything special about the parking brake? I have normal hand brake. Are the torque specs the same for the rear?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #32
M Smurf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i M Sport

FWIW, I just replaced the front brake pads recently for the first time. Once I figured out to pry the caliper off the rotor, was a very simple process.

I walked up to Autozone and replaced the pads with Duralast Gold. Can't tell the difference from the OEM. I also found out about the lifetime warranty that when the time comes to do it again on the same car, FREE PADS. Not bad
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #33
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Smurf View Post
FWIW, I just replaced the front brake pads recently for the first time. Once I figured out to pry the caliper off the rotor, was a very simple process.

I walked up to Autozone and replaced the pads with Duralast Gold. Can't tell the difference from the OEM. I also found out about the lifetime warranty that when the time comes to do it again on the same car, FREE PADS. Not bad
I've used duralast gold on other cars. They work fine for light daily use but they fade pretty quick if you push them at all, especially if you are modded and have increased power over stock. Just something to be aware of. Would not recommend them if you drive hard in canyons or do any autocross or tracking.
Appreciate 0