F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > WTB: 18-20 440i 2-Door Coupe M Sport Blue
Studio RSR

02-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
ssandman
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Coupe M-Sport MPPSK

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
WTB: 18-20 440i 2-Door Coupe M Sport Blue (F32)

Hello! I'm in the market for a 2018-2020 440i Coupe w low miles. Could also be open to a lease takeover.

It's my understanding 2018 requires a $300 factory package for CarPlay while the 19/20 can be added without any extra package. Please correct if mistaken.

Must:

Estoril Blue Metallic (B45)
M Sport Package (ZMP) (or m performance)
Apple CarPlay
Adaptive M Suspension (2VF)
Black kidney grill
8-Speed Auto

Preferred:

19" wheels
M Sport steering wheel
Carbon fiber accents
M performance exhaust (maybe)
Track handling package (ZTR)
Head up display (610)

South East // Florida

The estoril blue seems to be be the limiting factor trying to find one..

Thanks!
      03-19-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Found it! Couldn't be happier with it!
Attached Images

03-19-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Congrats! Do I see MPPSK on your new ride?

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Congrats! Do I see MPPSK on your new ride?
Good eye! Yes it has the MPPSK. Very satisfying in sport or sport+! I heard it reduces fuel economy. Is this true?

Here is the window sticker. I found it odd the m-sport package and other m-sport was listed as same price. Think it's accurate?
Attached Images

03-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #5
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssandman View Post
Good eye! Yes it has the MPPSK. Very satisfying in sport or sport+! I heard it reduces fuel economy. Is this true?

Here is the window sticker. I found it odd the m-sport package and other m-sport was listed as same price. Think it's accurate?
Nice Build. The ZMP is the actual M-Sport package, my presumption is the "M-Sport" without a three digit identification code is the MPPSK. Not only does it not have a code, the original cost was $2,550 three or four years ago, I believe. Most likely this is a port install MPPSK, reason is that it was listed on the MSRP and one does not get charged dealer installation fee. A port install is usually built and ordered vehicle from someone who orders with the MPPSK from beginning, this adds the item on the MSRP, advantage is no dealer installation fee and for those who lease, they only pay residual fee, in this case maybe $18-20 a month.

As for gas mileage, that is your personal driving style, the MPPSK tune is mild and has negligible impact on MPG, it is more about your personal aggressiveness, if you drive it in sport mode often, deeply depress the throttle, drive 10 MPH over limit and brake hard into corners, your mileage will suffer, however, your well being will improve from the sweet sound and the seat of your pants acceleration! It is visible to others as you have that smirk on your face from those who wish they had your ride. You won't care that you have to fill up a few miles sooner, just enjoy that you are one of the few that have a track package AND MPPSK! And you also have the RARE 704M wheels with Estoril Blue! My question is that it does not appear a Florida picture, looks more like NE US.

Appreciate 1
      03-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #6
ssandman
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 440i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Quote:

Nice Build. The ZMP is the actual M-Sport package, my presumption is the "M-Sport" without a three digit identification code is the MPPSK. Not only does it not have a code, the original cost was $2,550 three or four years ago, I believe. Most likely this is a port install MPPSK, reason is that it was listed on the MSRP and one does not get charged dealer installation fee. A port install is usually built and ordered vehicle from someone who orders with the MPPSK from beginning, this adds the item on the MSRP, advantage is no dealer installation fee and for those who lease, they only pay residual fee, in this case maybe $18-20 a month.

As for gas mileage, that is your personal driving style, the MPPSK tune is mild and has negligible impact on MPG, it is more about your personal aggressiveness, if you drive it in sport mode often, deeply depress the throttle, drive 10 MPH over limit and brake hard into corners, your mileage will suffer, however, your well being will improve from the sweet sound and the seat of your pants acceleration! It is visible to others as you have that smirk on your face from those who wish they had your ride. You won't care that you have to fill up a few miles sooner, just enjoy that you are one of the few that have a track package AND MPPSK! And you also have the RARE 704M wheels with Estoril Blue! My question is that it does not appear a Florida picture, looks more like NE US.
Wow that is very informative tyvm!

I am loving this car more and more already!! It's only been 6 days since purchase. I spent 3 months looking on Mannheim, autotrader, vroom, etc and the Estoril blue made it exceedingly difficult to find w all these options.

Finally found this gem at a smaller Atlanta dealership (iqautos.com). It was originally in MI which concerned me slightly due to the salt but I guess that shouldn't be an issue.

I flew up from central fl and drove it home same day. The 7 hr journey was pure bliss getting a feel of the car's capabilities. Sadly, I got pulled over 2 hrs after purchase and was reluctant to push my luck for the rest of the trip.. Smh

You're right the satisfaction of hearing the exhaust overrides any concern about mpg. It's a smaller tank so that also plays into perception of filling it up more.

My next mission is to get CarPlay working. It doesn't have that package from factory.

Someone on here told me I can get a $10 antenna connected then send codes to get it going and also to make it full screen. He said I'd need (backup?) codes in case it needed to be reversed should I need service??

My dealer said I should get bimmer-tech mii prime to maintain functionality of I-drive system.

Any insight into best way to go about this?
      03-23-2021, 05:31 PM   #7
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep

Quote:
Wow that is very informative tyvm!

I am loving this car more and more already!! It's only been 6 days since purchase. I spent 3 months looking on Mannheim, autotrader, vroom, etc and the Estoril blue made it exceedingly difficult to find w all these options.

Finally found this gem at a smaller Atlanta dealership (iqautos.com). It was originally in MI which concerned me slightly due to the salt but I guess that shouldn't be an issue.

I flew up from central fl and drove it home same day. The 7 hr journey was pure bliss getting a feel of the car's capabilities. Sadly, I got pulled over 2 hrs after purchase and was reluctant to push my luck for the rest of the trip.. Smh

You're right the satisfaction of hearing the exhaust overrides any concern about mpg. It's a smaller tank so that also plays into perception of filling it up more.

My next mission is to get CarPlay working. It doesn't have that package from factory.

Someone on here told me I can get a $10 antenna connected then send codes to get it going and also to make it full screen. He said I'd need (backup?) codes in case it needed to be reversed should I need service??

My dealer said I should get bimmer-tech mii prime to maintain functionality of I-drive system.

Any insight into best way to go about this?
Your patience paid off! Congrats. bummer about the pull over, the disadvantage of a bright blue car, if there is one. I live in Michigan, salt sucks but I would not let it worry you too much. I believe you can get dealer to activate the Apple Car Play, or at least can do it from other methods, read details on Technical Forums "Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics", use the search feature. Meanwhile check out the following thread:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ght=apple+play

Hope this helps, post pictures of your new pride and joy and stay covid free.

Appreciate 0