F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bimmercode Frustration on Coding Rear Turn Signals - TURN SIGNALS DEAD
Studio RSR

10-17-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
battlecat
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i F33

Exclamation Bimmercode Frustration on Coding Rear Turn Signals - TURN SIGNALS DEAD

Hi all. I've had a horrible 24 hours with Bimmercode on my 2014 F33 428i.

As of now my rear turn signals are completely dead but without any error on the vehicle.

Please note my steps executed in the last 14 hours. Really need some help!

1. Changed my turn signal bulbs to a decent brand LED amber turn bulbs. Immediately got warm and cold check errors.

2. Coded BMW LED Conversion for rear signals on Bimmercode. The warm and cold checks went away but when I used the indicators I got a bulb failure error and hyper blinks.

3. Decided to revert to the normal bulb setting on Bimmercode and reverted back to the non LED settings.

4. Changed LED bulbs back to the original filaments.

At this point I am getting no errors on the computer. Front and side Indicators are hyperblinking when using turn signals and the rear turn signals are not turning on at all!

Have I done something wrong. I thought coding was supposed to be easy. Can I reset or restart the REM to see if that fixes the issue?! Please help. I am on standby for responses!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Newman1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30

When you switched to LEDs, you changed in BimmerCode that the bulbs are LED as well as coded out cold checks, correct? When you put back your filament bulbs, did you revert back both settings (non-LEDs and turned on cold checks)?

If so, try to restore from your previous state via BimmerCode.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 10:15 PM   #3
battlecat
Rep

Hi there - Yes and yes to both.

I've even restored the REM backup from Bimmercode with no luck.
I want to check is there anyway to restart the REM without disconnecting the battery or having to walk into a service centre / garage. Not happy with this - for what should have been a simple code.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
im_an_alien
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i

Try restoring the bimmercode changes, or get e-sys on your laptop and reset the ECU to stock
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 03:21 AM   #5
battlecat
Rep

I am not sure with the new Bimmercode how this works. I did restore the file successfully but the lights still do not light up.

Here's the update on whats happening.

1. Bimmercode restored successfully - Turn signal is no longer LED and cold and warm checks are activated
2. The rear turn signals do not work and the other turn indicators hyperblink (But the rear lights - do not blink - other blinkers are working - with hyperblinks). No errors shown in the car or in iDrive.
3. As a test I removed one rear bulb and the bulb error immediately showed up - so I know signals are passing through that turn signal bulb - BUT just not blinking when the indicator is activated (And hence causing a hyperblink).

Is there a way to just "restart" the REM. Not sure if disconnecting the battery would "reset" everything after the coding?
Appreciate 0