F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Deal Advice
Studio RSR

11-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Sailormannn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

Deal Advice

Would appreciate some advice on what's currently negotiable from dealers in Toronto and where deals are on a new 2014 335i xDrive Looking for a 335i xDrive equipped with Premium, Executive & M-Perf1 pkgs; also Connected Drive, Park Assist, Speed info and Winter Wheels. Hoping for 6.5% off list including all options on a cash deal with trade. Not in a hurry so willing to wait for a car on order.

Haven't got beyond talk with the SA yet so not sure if there is any room on the winter wheels or other dealer charges. I know I can do better at a local tire shop on winter wheels, but easier to price all in if there's some flexibility. What's up with "Vehicle Care" for $299 which includes winter mats (seems like a lot) and what up with $65 for Nitrogen. What's in the tires from the factory?

Is 6.5% off base and all options including winter wheels doable; also $300 for admin with winter mats, wheel locks and nitrogen tossed in at no charge doable?

BMW PDI $1295
Admin Fee $395
Wheel Locks $0
Vehicle Care $299
Nitrogen $65
Tire Stewardship $23.36
Air tax $100
OMVIC $5
Total dealer charges $3167.36

Advice much appreciated.

Last edited by Sailormannn; 11-02-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Trade in - you should have it appraised by different GTA bimmer dealers to establish an overall average. You will be surprised of the offering from low to high value given to you.

car itself - aim for 7- 8%. If one dealer says no. Try another.

stock winter pkg wheels/tires - dealer has about 35% markup on it. Therefore, negotiate to your best ability. Typically, talk to the parts mgr directly and he/she will offer between 10-15% the list price. If no deal, then opt for aftermarket pkg. Probably will save you about $1000.

no more freebies these days on dealer thrown in, like rubber mats and wheel locks. They will charge you if you don't contest them. Therefore, try to get these to be included and written into the deal.

Nitrogen or ride green fee - upsell. You don't have to pay as they are classified as non mandatory fee. Tell the dealer you want regular air. If they refuse, then report to OMVIC and let the regulatory body investigate your claim. Dealer can be fined or license suspended for non compliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor-man View Post
Would appreciate some advice on what's currently negotiable from dealers in Toronto and where deals are on a new 2014 335i xDrive Looking for a 335i xDrive equipped with Premium, Executive & M-Perf1 pkgs; also Connected Drive, Park Assist, Speed info and Winter Wheels. Hoping for 6.5% off list including all options on a cash deal with trade. Not in a hurry so willing to wait for a car on order.

Haven't got beyond talk with the SA yet so not sure if there is any room on the winter wheels or other dealer charges. I know I can do better at a local tire shop on winter wheels, but easier to price all in if there's some flexibility. What's up with "Vehicle Care" for $299 which includes winter mats (seems like a lot) and what up with $65 for Nitrogen. What's in the tires from the factory?

Is 6.5% off base and all options including winter wheels doable; also $300 for admin with winter mats, wheel locks and nitrogen tossed in at no charge doable?

BMW PDI $1295
Admin Fee $395
Wheel Locks $0
Vehicle Care $299
Nitrogen $65
Tire Stewardship $23.36
Air tax $100
OMVIC $5
Total dealer charges $3167.36

Advice much appreciated.
Appreciate 0