F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Apple AirPods?
Studio RSR

12-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

Apple AirPods?

The mrs bought me some for Xmas but I've not opened them yet as I'm not sure about them especially for the cost . I primarily use head phones for running so would be worried about them falling out, if anyone has them I would appreciate opinions on them, what they are sound quality wise and to live with.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Cero ceto
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport+

I have had a pair for about 4 months and love them. They are expensive, however they are great and the power last for ages and recharge when you put them back in the case. The sound quality is only average and I find them a good fit and do not come out when I run. I would with out doubt buy another pair if I lost them.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #3
Witney
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model-Y LR

They are brilliant. And if you loose them for any reason the replacement cost is discounted by Apple.
Appreciate 2
      12-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSIIJAR View Post
I have had a pair for about 4 months and love them. They are expensive, however they are great and the power last for ages and recharge when you put them back in the case. The sound quality is only average and I find them a good fit and do not come out when I run. I would with out doubt buy another pair if I lost them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witney View Post
They are brilliant. And if you loose them for any reason the replacement cost is discounted by Apple.
I just opened them, can't believe how small they are with the case. Very slick to connect and use, they fit well and the sound is good but I will agree they won't win any audio awards(not that's it bad at all), I guess as a complete package they are superb though. I think I'm going to pick up an iwatch 3 now for no wires or phone running.

I didn't know that about the replacement discount either!

Thanks for the opinions, much appreciated. I just didn't wanna open them and tell the mrs they are shite as I know they aren't particularly cheap and I hadn't tried them anywhere before.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 02:20 AM   #5
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

They are the same design as standard and they don’t stay in my ears and I wanted to use them for walking.

I went for Beats X instead, cheaper, much longer battery life and have the same W1 chip as the AirPods and much better sound quality. (And Apple own beats anyway!)
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 02:36 AM   #6
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

If bought from Apple then you should have their 14 day trial in place so try & if not 100% happy, return for a refund

I've a £20 pair of BT wireless earphones, they are plenty good enough for me
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 02:56 AM   #7
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
They are the same design as standard and they don’t stay in my ears and I wanted to use them for walking.

I went for Beats X instead, cheaper, much longer battery life and have the same W1 chip as the AirPods and much better sound quality. (And Apple own beats anyway!)
Yeah I've seen these too. Always an option if these are no good for running. They seem very snug in my ears so should be ok. But add a bit of sweat and that may change. This w1 chip seems to be quite a step up.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 03:00 AM   #8
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
If bought from Apple then you should have their 14 day trial in place so try & if not 100% happy, return for a refund

I think she bought them from JL. I didn't know Apple did that. Thanks for the info. Yes fair point I don't think I would have spent that myself on some earphones, the mrs tends to get me stuff for Xmas she thinks I will like, but I would rarely spend the money on myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 04:34 AM   #9
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post

I think she bought them from JL. I didn't know Apple did that. Thanks for the info. Yes fair point I don't think I would have spent that myself on some earphones, the mrs tends to get me stuff for Xmas she thinks I will like, but I would rarely spend the money on myself.
If not 100% happy then JL should take them back given their customer service. See how you go for a week or so then decide
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 08:41 AM   #10
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Yeah I've seen these too. Always an option if these are no good for running. They seem very snug in my ears so should be ok. But add a bit of sweat and that may change. This w1 chip seems to be quite a step up.
They are pretty impressive, I had my phone at the front of the house and can go all the way through to the back room and not a single dropout
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 12:00 PM   #11
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Picked this up today, just putting music on it.
So far I have found I can now open the garage door with it, turn the Christmas tree off, check the range in the tank on the car.

JL had a price match on today £399(usually £429) for 42mm aluminium AW 3 GPS+cellular, their two year care is £25 with no excess for damages. Apple wanted £59 with £45 excess on each claim. That's if anyone's looking at the min.

For £400 its pretty versatile. Looking forward to the first wire and phone free run. When it warms up a bit obviously
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #12
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Quote:
They are pretty impressive, I had my phone at the front of the house and can go all the way through to the back room and not a single dropout
Yeah I was impressed they stayed linked when I was upstairs with the phone downstairs.
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa3716.00