F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9/10 HU theming and discussion
proTUNING Freaks

01-13-2022, 03:30 PM   #881
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asierpr View Post
No no i want to do my own, using this. Changing the red line to 6000rpm, i know that i must change and edit the image and use overlay, but how kswlauncher knows that the new tachometer red line is in 6000rpm, how i can modify that?
You don't, Android doesn't know where or even what the red line is. You make your own graphic, compile your overlay and that's it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 09:01 AM   #882
Asierpr
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
You don't, Android doesn't know where or even what the red line is. You make your own graphic, compile your overlay and that's it.
Okey but how the pointer knows where ends the red line? If i want to put it at the end of the red line and at the end of the dial, or maybe i cant do that? maybe it can only finish the dial in the actual 6000 rpm
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 10:10 AM   #883
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asierpr View Post
Okey but how the pointer knows where ends the red line? If i want to put it at the end of the red line and at the end of the dial, or maybe i cant do that? maybe it can only finish the dial in the actual 6000 rpm
Again: Android doesn't know what a red line is, where the rev limit is or even that this is a tachometer. This could be a picture of pink elephant whit a spinning trunk - Android doesn't care.

It's up to you to draw the red line where you want it. What you need to do however is to keep the current scale i.e. you need to keep the same distance between dividers as it is right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:19 AM   #884
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

How can we change the side bar

Is there any way to change this sidebar we get with the CIC half screen?

Name:  IMG_20220128_093821.jpg
Views: 836
Size:  155.2 KB

Any advice, guide would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 06:42 AM   #885
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaus View Post
Is there any way to change this sidebar we get with the CIC half screen?

Attachment 2799154

Any advice, guide would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!
This screen is part of the MCU itself. We have no means of modifying that.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:12 AM   #886
inigoale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328d 150cv lci

Hello.
On my android unit sd625 andream ,in order to use carplay and android auto has sent me a box to connect to the screen and that works through an apk app.
The thing is that I want that apk to open in the phone link tab of the menu, I already read how to do it but I can't do it, I'm not very clear about it.
I've searched my drive for the redirects.xml file in /storage/emulated/0/ and can't find it.
I have already read the post of kswredirect, and I am not clear, if anyone knows the steps to perform and the commands to write, I put the link of the apk file and could you tell me the steps to follow?
https://mega.nz/file/eEAHnQqC#DJSKAm...7UbpXr__fjExuU
Greetings and thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 03:51 AM   #887
Stephen_O
Rep
Drives: 3 series GT F34

Hi guys, I've recently bought an android 10.0 10.25 head unit from Euroactive retrofits and I'm having an issue of media pausing every time I don't open up the Bluetooth media app and if I stay off of the app for too long my media pauses again
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 03:52 AM   #888
Stephen_O
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_O View Post
Hi guys, I've recently bought an android 10.0 10.25 head unit from Euroactive retrofits and I'm having an issue of media pausing every time I don't open up the Bluetooth media app and if I stay off of the app for too long my media pauses again
Also having the issue of being unable to set default apps for my media
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 03:52 AM   #889
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I had the same issue, then I set the "Aux Switch" from Auto to Manual in the Factory Settings section and it fixed then.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:08 AM   #890
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Hi,

Well first of all I doubt this is Android 10, this looks to me like one of these fake units. It might be as well an actual A10, but definitely not a KSW Snapdragon, so there is not a lot info on these. Second, you're having technical issue and that is a theming thread.

Quote:
Also having the issue of being unable to set default apps for my media
Usually you cannot change default apps (yay Chinese devs!). You should be able to change your nav app, but other apps are usally predefined and you can only launch your chosen media app from the app drawer.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:11 AM   #891
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuwaus View Post
I had the same issue, then I set the "Aux Switch" from Auto to Manual in the Factory Settings section and it fixed then.
You have to remember that his unit is not a KSW Snapdragon unit. It won't have the same menu structure, options and setting.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:24 AM   #892
Stephen_O
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Well first of all I doubt this is Android 10, this looks to me like one of these fake units. It might be as well an actual A10, but definitely not a KSW Snapdragon, so there is not a lot info on these. Second, you're having technical issue and that is a theming thread.

Usually you cannot change default apps (yay Chinese devs!). You should be able to change your nav app, but other apps are usally predefined and you can only launch your chosen media app from the app drawer.
Is it worth returning the unit as the seller has falsely advertised that that is what I was purchasing
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:33 AM   #893
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Is it worth returning the unit as the seller has falsely advertised that that is what I was purchasing
Your seller has mixed up images of two different units. I would download Device Info app for Play Store and check what API level your device is. API level directly corresponds to Android version. You see Android version number displayed in settings is very easy to change - it's just a text and you could put there iOS 79 or your Granny's birthday. What you cannot change (easily at least) is the API level. So check that first, if it's anything other than API 29 then you have a fake unit and good grounds for your claim.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 04:44 AM   #894
Stephen_O
Rep

Quote:
Your seller has mixed up images of two different units. I would download Device Info app for Play Store and check what API level your device is. API level directly corresponds to Android version. You see Android version number displayed in settings is very easy to change - it's just a text and you could put there iOS 79 or your Granny's birthday. What you cannot change (easily at least) is the API level. So check that first, if it's anything other than API 29 then you have a fake unit and good grounds for your claim.
Fgs, feels like I've been scammed out of £300. Thanks for the help, I'll check the API as soon as I get back to my car
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 08:17 AM   #895
nuwaus
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Fgs, feels like I've been scammed out of £300. Thanks for the help, I'll check the API as soon as I get back to my car
Scamming is too common on the Ali platform and also on eBay.

I recently bought 2 Android 10 devices one for E90 and another one for F10. Before I purchased I personally contacted the seller and asked as much as real pics of the device he can provide and check everything is as I wanted.

As a result, I got a legit device for E90 but still, they have scammed me for F10 one.

I ordered a 4GB/64GB variant but they have sent an 8GB device instead and I'm really doubtful it and it shows the Android version as v11.

On that device, I can't change the default apps, and has very limited options.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:26 AM   #896
Dixi83
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 520d E61 2007

Question

Hi All,

I Bought me an android unit ass well... but the experience not good at this moment... The default launcher is unstable and and does not remember my "custom apps". It was sold as "Android 11" But the Api level is 28 so it is Android 9.... Hope you guys can help me out!

The first issue I walked into is that my device in not configured as a tablet so I cant download the "Drive Keyboard" for example. I know this has to do with the DPI settings so I thought lets root it... There is my second issue
The only way to ADB into this device is over WiFi and then I get:
Code:
adb root
cxj said not suport, 88
or:
Code:
adb shell su
su: not allowed
The third issue I have is I downloaded and installed Idrive Launcher. (Nice looking!) but I cannot get my I-drive Controller to work... it works in the default launcher. I tried installing idrivelistener but this does not help and without root the tasker profile would not work as well...

So I am a kind of stuck here...

This is the unit i Bought:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003652435744.html

My Car is a E61 with a CCC

Here are some system specs added as attachment below:
RedErik I'm the one who emailed you thanks being help full, lets continue here

Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Dixi83; 01-31-2022 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 10:58 AM   #897
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixi83 View Post
Hi All,

I Bought me an android unit ass well... but the experience not good at this moment... The default launcher is unstable and and does not remember my "custom apps". It was sold as "Android 11" But the Api level is 28 so it is Android 9.... Hope you guys can help me out!

The first issue I walked into is that my device in not configured as a tablet so I cant download the "Drive Keyboard" for example. I know this has to do with the DPI settings so I thought lets root it... There is my second issue
The only way to ADB into this device is over WiFi and then I get:
Code:
adb root
cxj said not suport, 88
or:
Code:
adb shell su
su: not allowed
The third issue I have is I downloaded and installed Idrive Launcher. (Nice looking!) but I cannot get my I-drive Controller to work... it works in the default launcher. I tried installing idrivelistener but this does not help and without root the tasker profile would not work as well...

So I am a kind of stuck here...

This is the unit i Bought:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003652435744.html

Here are some system specs added as attachment below:
RedErik I'm the one who emailed you thanks being help full, lets continue here

Thanks
Hi, going by what you just wrote here, regardless if you manage to root your unit or not, you have other big issue to worry about: your iDrive controller is not supported systemwide. That means only the stock launcher has bits of code to communicate (whether via some sort of event centre or directly) with the MCU and read car buttons and the iDrive controller. Every other app cannot do that, so Drive Keyboard won't work, ID7 Launcher doesn't work and any other app won't work with your controller / buttons.

Unless you can rewrite your software (part that communicates with the MCU) and make it broadcast button states in a form understandable to Android for all apps to see, then there is nothing you can do to sort it out.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 11:43 AM   #898
Stephen_O
Rep

Quote:
As expected they've sold me a fake unit and it's running android 9 and not 10, any advice on what to do?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:06 PM   #899
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
As expected they've sold me a fake unit and it's running android 9 and not 10, any advice on what to do?
If you got that from a local distributor i.e. UK shop, then you need to get in touch with them, explain you've been sold something that is not as advertised and you are expecting them to issue a full refund and accept your return... unless you bought it ages ago. In case of any issue with the seller you can also get in touch with your banking institution and claim fraudulent transaction.

If however you bought that from Chinese direct then it's a bit more complicated. You can contact your seller and explain all of the above, but from what we've seen so far, they will say that "only Snapdragon units are true Android 10 and this is normal, friend". That leaves you with AliExpress dispute or, again, your banking institution. Last option will guarantee that your AliExpress account gets banned and you won't be able to buy anything on thier platform anymore (which to me is not a penalty at all).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 01:48 PM   #900
Stephen_O
Rep

Quote:
If you got that from a local distributor i.e. UK shop, then you need to get in touch with them, explain you've been sold something that is not as advertised and you are expecting them to issue a full refund and accept your return... unless you bought it ages ago. In case of any issue with the seller you can also get in touch with your banking institution and claim fraudulent transaction.

If however you bought that from Chinese direct then it's a bit more complicated. You can contact your seller and explain all of the above, but from what we've seen so far, they will say that "only Snapdragon units are true Android 10 and this is normal, friend". That leaves you with AliExpress dispute or, again, your banking institution. Last option will guarantee that your AliExpress account gets banned and you won't be able to buy anything on thier platform anymore (which to me is not a penalty at all).
I bought the headunit from a website called Euroactive Retrofits, seems like nobody have heard of them at all, I'm gonna ask for them to either send a genuine uni or issue me a full refund
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 12:14 AM   #901
Dixi83
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 520d E61 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik
Hi, going by what you just wrote here, regardless if you manage to root your unit or not, you have other big issue to worry about: your iDrive controller is not supported systemwide. That means only the stock launcher has bits of code to communicate (whether via some sort of event centre or directly) with the MCU and read car buttons and the iDrive controller. Every other app cannot do that, so Drive Keyboard won't work, ID7 Launcher doesn't work and any other app won't work with your controller / buttons.

Unless you can rewrite your software (part that communicates with the MCU) and make it broadcast button states in a form understandable to Android for all apps to see, then there is nothing you can do to sort it out.
That is exactly what I was trying to accomplish with the idrivelistener app. but it needs xposer and root to work (it written there but I skipped that part ). This afternoon I am going to try the Tasker/Logcat. As far as I understood we don't need root for this! I hope the idrive actions popup as an event somewhere so we can attach them to some real world buttons

In the meantime I'm in contact with the seller. He says that he has an update fro the i-drive controller... I think it is an illusion that we get an update to android 11 but he seems to have a good will. (see attachment). But in reality I think we end up sending the device back (it came from France) and buy a device with a Snapdragon CPU.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 01:28 AM   #902
onblue
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I am interested in the ID7 Launcher by Jellepepe.

1. Anyone have a detailed video of running the interface with the launcher? All I see in this thread is just a bit of the home screenshot or just a few second video. I want to see more of the interface first before deciding to purchase it from the playstore.

2. I only found the ID7 launcher apps when using the playstore from PC. But when I tried to browse it from the HU playstore, it didn't show up from the search result.
Appreciate 0