F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Is my mind playing tricks on me?
Studio RSR

02-21-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Is my mind playing tricks on me?

So I recently had my F30s ECUs, all of them, updated. I picked up the car from the dealer and it seemed to drive much quicker and torquier.

A couple days later, I coded the mirrors, tpms and enables the sport settings so I could select chassis and/or drivetrain, compared to it always being both by standard. I have a sport line.

Today it seems that it drives like and has the power it had before I got everything updated.

Is it just in my head or did something change? Better yet, did the beefier output expire?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsurly View Post
So I recently had my F30s ECUs, all of them, updated. I picked up the car from the dealer and it seemed to drive much quicker and torquier.

A couple days later, I coded the mirrors, tpms and enables the sport settings so I could select chassis and/or drivetrain, compared to it always being both by standard. I have a sport line.

Today it seems that it drives like and has the power it had before I got everything updated.

Is it just in my head or did something change? Better yet, did the beefier output expire?
I am not sure, but maybe before BMW gave the car back the person who tested the car, drove it very spiritedly? So the Car "Adapted" to that way of driving? Sort of on the same note, I coded my car with the M4 Sounds, and also with the MVehicle Setting, and to me it seems much more responsive?? Wonder if that setting changes anything else other than making the sports display a different color?
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Sort of on the same note, I coded my car with the M4 Sounds, and also with the MVehicle Setting, and to me it seems much more responsive?? Wonder if that setting changes anything else other than making the sports display a different color?
Very interesting. To test maybe I will drive the car more spiritedly for the next few days and see if it goes back to feeling more responsive. Hmmmmm, damn computers these days (says me, a 32 year old IT pro)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Very interesting. To test maybe I will drive the car more spiritedly for the next few days and see if it goes back to feeling more responsive. Hmmmmm, damn computers these days (says me, a 32 year old IT pro)
Lol!! i know!! Try it out and let me know how it goes. Because I am not sure if when you code or recode certain features if it resets the transmission adaptation or not? I mean when you code the Headunit, it erases your stored preset buttons, and when you code the KOMBI you have to reset the date etc. So maybe coding reset the transmission adaptation?
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share

Last edited by DJ Rocc; 02-21-2016 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Rocc View Post
Lol!! i know!! Try it out and let me know how it goes. Because I am not sure if when you code or recode certain features if it resets the transmission adaptation or not? I mean when you code the Headunit, it erases your stored preset buttons, and when you code the KOMBI you have to reset the date etc. So maybe coding reset the transmission adaptation?
Anything is possible at this point! If it wasnt such a shit show getting my ECUs updated by the dealer id go back in and say, can you redo what you did!?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
dotjonnL
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335iX M-Performance

What did you say to get the dealer to update all the ECUs?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 08:16 PM   #7
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
What did you say to get the dealer to update all the ECUs?
To spare everyone my long story and shit show. tell them you are getting battery discharge issues when its cold outside
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #8
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:

Yeah, the dealer flashed your car with a trial Dinan flash...and now that they got you hooked they are hoping you buy the full version.
      02-22-2016, 12:20 PM   #9
//M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Most likely it's because the DME (ECU) adaptations were reset. Now its recalibrating to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #10
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosielia
Most likely it's because the DME (ECU) adaptations were reset. Now its recalibrating to you.
How does one reset those exactly?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #11
Jetsurly
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Is it possible that when the dealer updated all my ECUs that the version of maps I had installed went back to the ones it had when the car was built?
Appreciate 0