F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Pnur 2018 440i Build
proTUNING Freaks

03-23-2024, 05:25 PM   #1
paulnur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i & 2018 S560

Pnur 2018 440i Build

January 20th, flew out to San Antonio TX with hopes to drive it back to Boynton Beach in south Florida (foreshadowing),

113k miles, 17,5 out the door,

It begins. Got engine coolant level low warning passing through Louisiana, small city 30min east of Baton Rouge,

Stopped at an advance auto in the middle of nowhere thank god to pick up some coolant but was sold out. Walked out and coolant on the floor.

Made some friends at the Advance auto and one of the guys working their (thank you Chris) his friend works on Formula 3 and Formula 4 cars said he can come by in 30min to take a look at it with me to see if its something small,

Jacob comes out (Chris friend) pressure tests the system and no leaks, holds pressure. We now assume it maybe got too hot a blew the cap? because it did spray under the hood. Drive to Walmart to get distilled water. 1,2,3,4 gallons go in and there is water everywhere. Can see water pissing out of the water pump (on the side).

The saving grace was at the time it was 25 degrees in Louisiana keeping the front of the car cool enough and radiators apparently to not over heat, never got an over heat warning, immediately stop or anything like that, just low coolant. Reason I bring that up because when we got to Jacobs house and took the water pump off to confirm it was that (it was the seal) there was less than a gallon on water in the system when we flushed it.

This was a Saturday evening and had to cut my losses. Jacob was the goat, ordered new water pump to be delivered to his house and flew back home.

Delivery day <3, shipping was surprisingly only $425 from Madisonville LA to Boynton Beach FL,

Noticed my neighbors were pretty cool one day lol,

New steering wheel was delivered and installed catless downpipe

Little metal trim that surrounds the cup holders were flaking so I replaced the whole center area with a coupe insert which relocated the 12v plug behind the cup holders which is 10x better and not in the way of any drinks you have,

Resonator delete

New forged Brada wheels & ECS tuning coils delivered,

Installed new wheel

Freshened up the rotors and calipers for the new wheels and tires coming on

Rubber on, Michelin 4S in rear and mid level front tires Advant,

Noticed the leather in the corner of the wheel was starting to crease (forced the supplier on eBay to send another, should be here next week)

Installation day for the coils,

Cleaned up the engine bay

Found out after purchasing xHP trans tune and MHD tune I need to do a bench unlock, bench unlock tool got here in like 2 days and bench unlocked it at home

Decided to instead of repair the rear bumper because there was a dent in the plastic, I was going to find a bumper in better shape and repair it if needed, I was told this bumper I got off Facebook would fit, turns out it didn't, think its for a coupe, not sure and the stickers behind it are faded so I can't even get the part number, if anyone wants it ill give it to you for a steal

MHD flex fuel time so I can confidently run blended tunes, installed and set up stage 2 e40,

Got a Draggy and had some fun, I spun every single time even lighting up the tires to get them sticky, even with no launch control, the street I was running on clearly wasn't good or I am really disappointed in the 4S's

Decided to go new front and rear bumper

MMR intake & gen 2 B58 TP pump delivery and install

Put bumpers together

Failed PCV

63 days later we are here,

Last edited by paulnur; 03-23-2024 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
Xover22106.00
Cpark1437.00
      03-23-2024, 05:33 PM   #2
paulnur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i & 2018 S560

Current setup,

xHD stage 3 transmission tune
MHD Stage 2+ e40
MHD FlexFuel
ECS Tuning coils
Brada CX2 @ 19x9.0 et35 19x10 et40 285/35 & 255/35
Custom carbon steering wheel
iCBL carbon mag shifters
VR speed catless downpipe
Resonator delete
MMR intake
OEM gen 2 B58 TU HPFP

current to do list,

-(delivered today) Zimmerman front and rear rotors 340x30 & 320x20
-(delivered today) OEM brake pads
-Test fit front and rear bumper
-Take to shop for paint and install front and rear bumper
-(delivered today) Liqui Moly 5W30 Oil change
-(delivered today) Liqui Moly transmission service
-(delivered today) Red Line 75W85 GL-5 rear dif service
- Install OEM 8-10mm spacer on top of rear spring to raise, currently rubbing

Last edited by paulnur; 03-23-2024 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 06:30 PM   #3
_ObiJon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive

Loving the build so far.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 10:17 PM   #4
paulnur
Enlisted Member