F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Un4gettable weekend in a 435i M Sport. 48 hours in an F32
ARMA SPEED

08-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

I really hate to be the devil's advocate here, but this just seems like a complete advertisement for the 4 series, unlike an unbiased review(and I had the same thoughts about the other un4gettable experience post). I mean of course you're going to say everything was perfect, FFS BMW showed up at your house to let you drive a car that's not even on the market yet and treated you like royalty. I think anyone would be more than happy in this situation, regardless of how good the car really was. I'm sure the 4 series is a good car, but I have a hard time believing you'd be as ecstatic to drive the 4er had it just been at a dealership without all the media drama. Sounds like fun, but completely and utterly biased review.
      08-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #46
yxjackxh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' F32 AW MSPORT

very nice! what a great experience! Why do some F32 Msports come with foglights and others don't? Is there an option for that? I noticed on bmwusa, when you add the navi, the foglights disappear, but idk if that has anything to do with foglights
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #47
kyang1225
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ActiveHybrid 3

Wow......very lucky guy!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #48
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

Lucky! And nice write up!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #49
chong0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuqBro?
I really hate to be the devil's advocate here, but this just seems like a complete advertisement for the 4 series, unlike an unbiased review(and I had the same thoughts about the other un4gettable experience post). I mean of course you're going to say everything was perfect, FFS BMW showed up at your house to let you drive a car that's not even on the market yet and treated you like royalty. I think anyone would be more than happy in this situation, regardless of how good the car really was. I'm sure the 4 series is a good car, but I have a hard time believing you'd be as ecstatic to drive the 4er had it just been at a dealership without all the media drama. Sounds like fun, but completely and utterly biased review.
agreed it is biased given that they sought a bmw enthusiast, but what source do you consider unbiased? I'm not trying to stir conflict but wondering aside from driving it yourself who you would listen to? chris harris? 5th gear?
'16 X5 50i M-sport (3rd row!)
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #50
ForCast
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

Quote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but neither one of us was as excited about the 'media fanfare' as we were about the opportunity to get on a closed track with an M instructor who could drive his *ss off, in a car that few people in the US have access to at the present time. Biased or not, the experience convinced me that I want my next car to be an M4, because of the way this car drove, and the way it looked in person (I was a little underwhelmed buy the initial photos).
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #51
Bimmerfestool
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

I don't know why people are so focused on his smiling or not in the pics, who gives a shit! You guys sound like his granny.

Anyway, I said it on the other thread, this is very cool for the lucky winners but of low interest to us in terms of getting some straight up tech info on the cars that we're in the market for. This is a hardcore enthusiast forum not some Facebook feel-good fan boy page. HARDCORE bro!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #52
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
No I didn't mean that lol. I wanted to know if the OP still thinks it is a documentary only, since the blurb on Facebook says you guys thought it was a documentary only. But now I know.

I'm looking forward to more pics of that MG beauty that you will be posting up
No, I was told that the documentary was a hoax to trick me to divert my attention. As you can see through my writing that they surprised me and gave me the car for 48 hours. There may never be any documentary, but they did a whole lot of recording after the revealing and was advised that if for any reason my footage is ever used I will be compensated. Money aside, I had a great weekend and no one can take that away from me. There were no strings attached and BMWNA has seriously spent a lot of money driving in 15 member crew from NYC/Philly for 3 days to my town to do this. Plus fly the car over to our dealership. I was told after they took the car back, it's headed to NJ for press release and media coverage.

It shouldn't take a genius to figure out that they did this to push the new 4 series. But I am just happy as they could have used anyone, but they used me and my family had a great time throughout the event. I got to drive at the track with the Chief BMW Performance instructor. Making some good friends along the way and enjoying the sceneary of VA/WVA. It sure was a great way for BMW to introduce the new model and I have nothing but positive things to say about this car.

All in all thanks all for the positive comments.
Anyone who had negative comments thank you as well. You are entitled to your opinion. BTW, all opinions here will be biased as we all love and drive bmws.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #53
swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForCast
Quote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but neither one of us was as excited about the 'media fanfare' as we were about the opportunity to get on a closed track with an M instructor who could drive his *ss off, in a car that few people in the US have access to at the present time. Biased or not, the experience convinced me that I want my next car to be an M4, because of the way this car drove, and the way it looked in person (I was a little underwhelmed buy the initial photos).
I can totally understand how you would really enjoy it, driving on the track and whatnot. All I'm saying is that they probably wouldn't have picked you had you said that you were a big fan of other manufacturers as well as BMW. They intentionally chose you knowing that you would be beyond thrilled to be driving it, and that you would then want to make a post on a forum like this saying how amazing it was, neglecting anything that could possibly bother you about the actual car. Because let's be honest, none of our cars are perfect, and to write a massive write up with not a single bit of criticism or ambivalence for a brand new model seems very single minded. I'm sorry if I seem to be trying to put a damper on your experience, I'm really more just bugged by the way BMW is going about this, as genius a marketing ploy as it may be. If they actually cared about getting real world feedback, why send interviewers to your house with a camera crew and hide the new car in your garage, and then take you to a track to be with a professional driving coach? Just give the person the car and then let them say what they want without the Un4gettable ridiculousness
      08-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #54
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuqBro? View Post
every review on this page is going to be biased review, since it's a bmw forum.

As for having the same level of fun just going to the dealership? I don't know if they will let me take their car to the track, fill the car with gas, allow my wife to drive it at the track with Professional instructor while the track is only limited to us. Not a chance. Forget the dealership. I have not even been able to push my own M3 to these limits driving in the suburbs. All in all, everyone who got to drive the car so far had a blast and their opinion might be skewed but just like everyone else we are entitled to it. If a reader reads it, they can judge what they want to read between the lines and figure out the rest.

I also happened to get invitation to go test drive the Bentley Continental GT 4 months before it's release in 2012. They let me take the 1/4 million $ car on the road for an hour without anybody coming with me. I however, did not have 1/10 the fun i did over the weekend.

The end justifies the mean, I had fun.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #55
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
every review on this page is going to be biased review, since it's a bmw forum.

As for having the same level of fun just going to the dealership? I don't know if they will let me take their car to the track, fill the car with gas, allow my wife to drive it at the track with Professional instructor while the track is only limited to us. Not a chance. Forget the dealership. I have not even been able to push my own M3 to these limits driving in the suburbs. All in all, everyone who got to drive the car so far had a blast and their opinion might be skewed but just like everyone else we are entitled to it. If a reader reads it, they can judge what they want to read between the lines and figure out the rest.

I also happened to get invitation to go test drive the Bentley Continental GT 4 months before it's release in 2012. They let me take the 1/4 million $ car on the road for an hour without anybody coming with me. I however, did not have 1/10 the fun i did over the weekend.

The end justifies the mean, I had fun.
Forget the haters man, The car is awesome, the experience was AWESOME, and not to mention BMW is the best car company in the world, Its why we are all here! From Mini to Rolls, and everything in between. Once you go Bimmer, nothing looks cleaner! lol...just wish BMW made Porsches!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #56
GotE46M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Few M cars.

What a great experience!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #57
ForCast
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: VW GTI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForCast
Quote:
I can totally understand how you would really enjoy it, driving on the track and whatnot. All I'm saying is that they probably wouldn't have picked you had you said that you were a big fan of other manufacturers as well as BMW. They intentionally chose you knowing that you would be beyond thrilled to be driving it, and that you would then want to make a post on a forum like this saying how amazing it was, neglecting anything that could possibly bother you about the actual car. Because let's be honest, none of our cars are perfect, and to write a massive write up with not a single bit of criticism or ambivalence for a brand new model seems very single minded. I'm sorry if I seem to be trying to put a damper on your experience, I'm really more just bugged by the way BMW is going about this, as genius a marketing ploy as it may be. If they actually cared about getting real world feedback, why send interviewers to your house with a camera crew and hide the new car in your garage, and then take you to a track to be with a professional driving coach? Just give the person the car and then let them say what they want without the Un4gettable ridiculousness
No worries here - I don't want to turn this into a debate since the point of the original post was to share a good time, so it's the last thing I'll say about the topic other than additional pics I will post. BMW is trying to sell cars - feedback has already been received to develop the car- they know what they do and don't have in the car at this point. As you pointed out, this is marketing on their part, not product development -that phase is over - so they are clearly focused on trying to show that they care about their enthusiasts with this campaign, rather than solicit unbiased feedback. As far as your issues with the lack of negative commentary on the car by Rashed, I won't speak for him. I can say that I was expecting to be a little unimpressed having owned an e92 M3, and having heard some negative press commentary about the relative 'softness' and disconnected feel of the f30/32. I was pleased to find that, aside from not being wowed by the steering (which was still fine, but not great IMO), I found the car to drive like a BMW, which is the biggest compliment I can give it. I think those fortunate enough to get this car will really enjoy it, and I will be a bit jealous until I can grab one for myself : ). Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2013, 11:52 PM   #58
Race_Doc11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G82 M4

Garage List
2023 BMW G82 M4  [0.00]
2018 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 Audi RS5 (Sold)  [10.00]
2008 E93 M3 (Sold)  [10.00]
I completely agree it is an advertisement move from BMW.
one thing the hood line looks much better than the M4 concept
OP, I'm glad you had a great time and thank you for the pictures and the write up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuqBro? View Post
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #59
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Amazing Raja...it could not happen to a better person...your passion for the brand is hard to describe for those that have not met you or know you personally!

I am extremely humbled to say that I have personally been able to share your passion.

I can't wait to see the finished product by BMW NA!!!!
      08-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #60
novablackm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Performante, G05 M50i, RR SVR

you lucky sob ! j/k matt is a great instructor as well . my wife and I are so jealous
      08-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #61
FrozenM3nace
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92, E32 750il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi
First thing that comes to mind... Do you ever smile?
He didnt seem surprised to see the 435i in the garage!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #62
elusivegene
Rep
Drives: F83 LCI

Amazing experience, thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 04:28 AM   #63
qbix
Banned
Rep
Drives: F15 3.0d, 991 GT3

They gave you a bag of nuts and chocolate and they bought you.
Driving faster than M3... Good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 04:45 AM   #64
Icarus M
Rep
Drives: 15' 420i

Photos looks like shooting commercial advertising!
Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #65
Pentium
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Wow, I can't wait to drive one
      08-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #66