F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ID4 NBT evo to ID6 flashed- results
proTUNING Freaks

04-12-2024, 05:46 PM   #1
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 430D

ID4 NBT evo to ID6 flashed- results

So had my ID4 flashed now since Easter, best thing I ever done been honest.

Remotely done by member from here took about 40min, only problem I come a cross after vehicle was left locked for longer period of time carplay and default Sat nav wouldn't load, this has been solved following day by same person and works everytime now. Sorted on Easter Sunday now that is a service. All apps works, no restarts but I don't use default satnav so can't comment hence why I done this flash, surprisingly having the older wheel with button control works good is well, pressing nav button will start Google maps or any other app you have set, pressing tel will open phone app in carplay ect., pressing voice button on steering wheel will trigger SIRI. Using 3rd party WiFi antenna connection is solid.
Navigating carplay it would be better having touch screen but is easily done via old fashion wheel.
One thing to note it will wipe your service from idrive, I didn't look in to getting reuploading but got in touch with BMW customer service and they will provide paper copy of it. So just bear this in mind if you decide is something you would like to do. I can only recommend Jakub (kubax86 on here) from https://bimmer-remote.com/en-gb/prod...ay-fullscreen.

I don't think I will have problems but if anything arise will update.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 02:54 AM   #2
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade555 View Post
So had my ID4 flashed now since Easter, best thing I ever done been honest.

Remotely done by member from here took about 40min, only problem I come a cross after vehicle was left locked for longer period of time carplay and default Sat nav wouldn't load, this has been solved following day by same person and works everytime now. Sorted on Easter Sunday now that is a service. All apps works, no restarts but I don't use default satnav so can't comment hence why I done this flash, surprisingly having the older wheel with button control works good is well, pressing nav button will start Google maps or any other app you have set, pressing tel will open phone app in carplay ect., pressing voice button on steering wheel will trigger SIRI. Using 3rd party WiFi antenna connection is solid.
Navigating carplay it would be better having touch screen but is easily done via old fashion wheel.
One thing to note it will wipe your service from idrive, I didn't look in to getting reuploading but got in touch with BMW customer service and they will provide paper copy of it. So just bear this in mind if you decide is something you would like to do. I can only recommend Jakub (kubax86 on here) from https://bimmer-remote.com/en-gb/prod...ay-fullscreen.

I don't think I will have problems but if anything arise will update.
This area is not my forte; what did you have in the first place? Just the standard pro-nav screen and OEM BMW iDrive etc?

For example I've got that in my 2015 F31 - so what 'extra' can be coded without having to replace the screen or other bits?
      04-13-2024, 05:37 AM   #3
TurboWeasel
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

Yeah ditto, I find all the BMW acronyms and different screens, HUs etc confusing.

I do really want Carplay and a bigger screen, but doing it the BMW way costs an absolute fortune. I believe the Evo box can emulate the newer ID6 and fully integrate the steering wheel buttons, idrive knob and vehicle data etc, plus some other features.

But does it need the larger screen? My 2016 only has the Entry NAV I believe, which is ID4? Only the weedy 6 incher screen.

I did skim watch these videos, albeit on an E90. The Bimmertech Lightwave amp looks tasty. It replaces the HK logic 7 unit and is twice the power.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 11:47 AM   #4
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danb1979 View Post
This area is not my forte; what did you have in the first place? Just the standard pro-nav screen and OEM BMW iDrive etc?

For example I've got that in my 2015 F31 - so what 'extra' can be coded without having to replace the screen or other bits?
Yes standard NBT Evo with pro nav screen, reason why I had it done was just wanted it been honest, stupid feeling but sort of brings the entertainment system up to date

I never was fun of BMW satnav, inputing destination ect just wasn't great for me. Rerouting ect just crap. Love google maps and trafic display for example, when you around town and sitting in traffic quick glance on screen to see if I can nip round side road ect.

Apple music, Spotify just works great, couldn't do with the BMW Spotify app sort of thing, when you get a text SIRI will just read it out, this can be changed in setting if you don't want your wife hear things 🤣then you have option to respond or not, works milion miles better then bmw voice system.
Appreciate 2
danb19791935.50
      04-13-2024, 01:40 PM   #5
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboWeasel View Post
Yeah ditto, I find all the BMW acronyms and different screens, HUs etc confusing.

I do really want Carplay and a bigger screen, but doing it the BMW way costs an absolute fortune. I believe the Evo box can emulate the newer ID6 and fully integrate the steering wheel buttons, idrive knob and vehicle data etc, plus some other features.

But does it need the larger screen? My 2016 only has the Entry NAV I believe, which is ID4? Only the weedy 6 incher screen.

I did skim watch these videos, albeit on an E90. The Bimmertech Lightwave amp looks tasty. It replaces the HK logic 7 unit and is twice the power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mymG3iev-I&t=203s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgeIo66zpek
I'm not expert my self but belive you can upgrade screen to bigger size but due to pricing for bigger screen alone I would be looking at android screen, there is a newish kid in a block at 15" if size matter, I don't like it because sits more to one side, would play havock with my OCD and not sure if you would be happy with the sounds ect., I think will offer best bung for back sort of thing.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006271401347.html
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 07:40 AM   #6
mrbensam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport

How much did they charge you for the ID4 to ID6 with car play? I had a quote off someone on facebook.. so I'm curious what you paid?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 09:14 AM   #7
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbensam View Post
How much did they charge you for the ID4 to ID6 with car play? I had a quote off someone on facebook.. so I'm curious what you paid?
Prices are on link in my first post, was $219.99 and what ever the conversion to £ come to that day, think it was £170-175.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 01:17 PM   #8
gac
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d

Garage List
2015 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danb1979 View Post

I _think_ you would only have NBT, not NBT Evo. I also have a 2015 F31 (build date Dec 2014 IIRC) and it's the bigger screen pro nav, but still only an NBT head unit so no flash upgrades for those. For Carplay on that, I believe it's either an entire NBT Evo replacement head unit, or an MMI box.

I decided that since NBT does include Bluetooth music streaming (I thought it only did calls) and I've found up to date satnav maps, I can live without Carplay because it all sounds like a bit of a pain
Appreciate 1
danb19791935.50
      04-20-2024, 01:47 PM   #9
danb1979
Idiotic lifter of heavy stones...
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 325D M Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by gac View Post
I _think_ you would only have NBT, not NBT Evo. I also have a 2015 F31 (build date Dec 2014 IIRC) and it's the bigger screen pro nav, but still only an NBT head unit so no flash upgrades for those. For Carplay on that, I believe it's either an entire NBT Evo replacement head unit, or an MMI box.

I decided that since NBT does include Bluetooth music streaming (I thought it only did calls) and I've found up to date satnav maps, I can live without Carplay because it all sounds like a bit of a pain
In agreement; I've fully up to date maps; full A2DP Bluetooth music playback/calls etc and it sounds superb/works superb

I'm just interested in what the possibilities are

I've no need and really, no want to upgrade TBH

I've just splurged on a set of ADAM A8Xs today for my home office; they've cost me enough and would rather listen to my music in there anyways
gac51.00