F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Which is the best fitting, most efficient inter cooler?
GetBMWParts

01-16-2019, 02:55 PM   #45
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltabeast View Post
Damn did i mess up getting the ER compeititon FMIC?
It's a quality FMIC. Take forum information with a grain of salt.
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #46
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltabeast View Post
Damn did i mess up getting the ER compeititon FMIC?
It's a quality FMIC. Take forum information with a grain of salt.
Take forum information from unbiased users with real experiences with a grain of salt but believe any sponsor boasting their intercooler? Lmao.

No one has said anything negative about ER.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #47
mclark2112
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X3 M40i

I'll be installing an ATM in the coming months. Very high quality parts.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #48
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

BMS has a nice intercooler, seen it in person and from a friends logs. It's still China made like VRSF but you get a brand name part that bolts in clean for $300. Can't beat that.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2019, 09:25 PM   #49
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachDinanFan View Post
BMS has a nice intercooler, seen it in person and from a friends logs. It's still China made like VRSF but you get a brand name part that bolts in clean for $300. Can't beat that.
Almost every intercooler mentioned in this thread is made in China.

Please don't use our name to legitimize Terry's Wagner Evo 1 knock off. If you you're going to cheap out on the BMS you're better off buying the no name knock off on eBay since neither vendor designed the knock offs their drop shipping.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #50
s3ri3s1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 328

Dinan. The fit is perfect and you don't have to worry about any issues, poor customer service, or a vendor bashing a competing product.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #51
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C - 6MT

After doing a lot of reading I ended up going with the CSF (same as ATM as others have mentioned) and have been extremely happy. I actually see my IATs drop through pulls which I was not expecting. If I recall its about as big as you can get for a stock turbo capable intercooler that will also handle a Stage 2 upgrade if you choose later on.

I've seen lots of people say they ripped off ATM and looking at the two it would appear they did...but CSF has been building high quality cooling equipment for a long time and for the $450 I paid on Black Friday, I couldn't pass it up.

Sold: 2015 M235i RWD, MHD Stage 2, FBO, MPE, XHP, HPD5Evo | IG @sea_m235i
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:59 PM   #52
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Nice deal, the CSF intercooler looks nice. I have the AA in black and I'm very pleased with it. Excellent fitment and price, top notch quality.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #53
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3ri3s1 View Post
Dinan. The fit is perfect and you don't have to worry about any issues, poor customer service, or a vendor bashing a competing product.
Dinan has been poor customer service for the last 12+ months (since Dinan left the Company) as multiple threads atest to. They are probably the #2 for customer support complaints on forum over that time.

Most have learned to just stay away now given Expensive and Customer Complaints as compared to Cheap and Customer Complaints where people seem to continue taking their chances and praying for the best.

Furthermore, you have to cut out pieces of your car to install the Dinan and thus once in car, you are not going back to stock to resale.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #54
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_m235i View Post
After doing a lot of reading I ended up going with the CSF (same as ATM as others have mentioned) and have been extremely happy. I actually see my IATs drop through pulls which I was not expecting. If I recall its about as big as you can get for a stock turbo capable intercooler that will also handle a Stage 2 upgrade if you choose later on.

I've seen lots of people say they ripped off ATM and looking at the two it would appear they did...but CSF has been building high quality cooling equipment for a long time and for the $450 I paid on Black Friday, I couldn't pass it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Nice deal, the CSF intercooler looks nice. I have the AA in black and I'm very pleased with it. Excellent fitment and price, top notch quality.
Glad you both are happy with your FMIC choices

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 11:56 AM   #55
s3ri3s1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Dinan has been poor customer service for the last 12+ months (since Dinan left the Company) as multiple threads atest to. They are probably the #2 for customer support complaints on forum over that time.

Most have learned to just stay away now given Expensive and Customer Complaints as compared to Cheap and Customer Complaints where people seem to continue taking their chances and praying for the best.

Furthermore, you have to cut out pieces of your car to install the Dinan and thus once in car, you are not going back to stock to resale.

I contacted them for some support installing it and they were ok to me? But maybe I called them on a good day

The only real cutting that is needed are the bellypan and brake ducts. Both of which wouldn't be too bad to replace if you wanted to go back to stock. Granted it is more of an out of pocket cost, but even if you didn't change them back it won't hurt any functionality.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      01-17-2019, 03:50 PM   #56
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
Take forum information from unbiased users with real experiences with a grain of salt but believe any sponsor boasting their intercooler? Lmao.

No one has said anything negative about ER.
I guess that would make sense if it was our intercooler but it's not. You're right, nobody said anything negative. In fact, nobody said anything except the user to which I replied to.

Not sure if you actually read what I replied to or read what you wrote but I'll bite.

So the common subject of the thread was people boasting which FMIC they had. No data. No comparison information. Just blanket statements.

The user I replied to (not you) had concern that nobody was mentioning his FMIC, as if he made the wrong choice. (My interpretation).

Having experience in this platform, having 100's of customers we've sold products to, offering many options in the platform and working directly with ER for nearly a decade, I can safely say they make a quality product.

If my credibility is not worthy enough, take my information with a grain of salt. No skin off my back.

Regarding biases:

There are a multitude of "regular members" with HUGE biases and hate on certain brands, likely for no good reason in most cases.

I await your reply.
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2019, 08:02 PM   #57
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I guess that would make sense if it was our intercooler but it's not. You're right, nobody said anything negative. In fact, nobody said anything except the user to which I replied to.

Not sure if you actually read what I replied to or read what you wrote but I'll bite.

So the common subject of the thread was people boasting which FMIC they had. No data. No comparison information. Just blanket statements.

The user I replied to (not you) had concern that nobody was mentioning his FMIC, as if he made the wrong choice. (My interpretation).

Having experience in this platform, having 100's of customers we've sold products to, offering many options in the platform and working directly with ER for nearly a decade, I can safely say they make a quality product.

If my credibility is not worthy enough, take my information with a grain of salt. No skin off my back.

Regarding biases:

There are a multitude of "regular members" with HUGE biases and hate on certain brands, likely for no good reason in most cases.

I await your reply.
I understand now what you were trying to do.
I wasn't talking about YOU specifically I was saying in general.
To me it doesn't make sense for general members to be "BIAS" towards certain brands and if they are most of the time its for a good reason.
Once again this doesnt apply to you specifically but if you read my original 1st post on this thread. I strickly wanted opinions of general members only. NOT sponsors telling me about their intercooler.
I can do my own research and see which intercooler does what on logs. I am simply seeing what the general consensus is on this boarding.
For the record: I have nothing against you Jeff, you're a nice guy.

Last edited by TheShadow; 01-17-2019 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
ceedawg467.50
      01-18-2019, 02:02 AM   #58
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
I am gonna be running stock turbos
I want one that i will be SURE doesnt have fitment issues.
Works properly ofc.

Best price/brand to go with?

If you are a sponsor and are gonna try to make a post in my thread saying your intercooler is the best than save urself the 30 seconds and dont reply.

I only want general board members to reply to this post.

Brands im aware of are:
ER
VRSF
CSF.
Wagner

Plan on buying one of these brands soon.
i run the CSF cooler partly due to being the only one i could find a dealer for in South Africa. I'm more then happy with my choice as we average around 90+ degrees ambient here in Durban in Summer and this cooler works wonders IAT are barely above ambient and when i give it WOT the IAT drop drastically. Pressure never drops at all till about 6000 where it tappers off between 0.5-1psi till reline. Fitment was very easy (i had no issues) with an ER charge pipe

I based my decision on getting this cooler on the review done by Peter@pureturbos eu (his review is on another forum just google peter pure csf and its the first one)

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:14 AM   #59
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I understand now what you were trying to do.
I wasn't talking about YOU specifically I was saying in general.
To me it doesn't make sense for general members to be "BIAS" towards certain brands and if they are most of the time its for a good reason.
Once again this doesnt apply to you specifically but if you read my original 1st post on this thread. I strickly wanted opinions of general members only. NOT sponsors telling me about their intercooler.
I can do my own research and see which intercooler does what on logs. I am simply seeing what the general consensus is on this boarding.
For the record: I have nothing against you Jeff, you're a nice guy.
I appreciate your response and the way you explained it. We're all good.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 03:16 AM   #60
Freakystein
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Fitment differences I've found with the Wagner EVO 2 Comp and ATM/CSF to OE:

Wagner EVO 2 Comp: The bottom of this sits a bit lower than the OE FMIC and the corners of it push the rubber under molding of the bumper out a bit. This can cause the contour of the bottom of the bumper to push out a bit and create difficulty if you're trying to fit a front lip/splitter that has a large middle section attachment like this lip. Splitters that only contact a small portion in the middle (like the M-Perf one) will fit fine.

ATM/CSF: The inlet/oulets on the end tanks don't match the positions on the OE IC very closely. The angle and height of them is different. I wasn't able to use an aftermarket 2-pc charge pipe with my N47 and the CSF, however I haven't seen any issues with this on the N55 platform. My stock charge pipe works with these IC's (since it's flexible rubber hose). I'm currently running the ATM.

"Prove it."
Hi Farkle,

Sorry for bringing up an old post. I've recently gotten an ATM intercooler and the fitment isn't as what they mention as plug n play. I'm facing fitment issue with the aftermarket 2pc chargepipe as well. So how did you get around it? Did you custom your charge pipe?
Appreciate 0