F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > No GT ED for me. Disappointed.
ARMA SPEED

06-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

No GT ED for me. Disappointed.

I called BMW NA a few weeks ago to inquire about the first ED delivery date for the 3GT and was told Aug 12. This was just in a middle of a planned trip to Germany! The date was also confirmed to one of the dealer I contacted for pricing. Spent quite a bit of time to start the purchasing process.

Today, after 3 phone calls with BMW and conflicting information (heard Sept 15, Aug 12 and Sept 15 in less than 1 hour and then denial that Aug 12 was ever mentioned), I learned that the first ED date is Sept 15, due to some federalization issues (?). Please confirm several times for yourself if you plan an ED soon.

I guess in the sentence, “I am upset because I can’t take delivery of my new 335 GT xDrive in Munich when my wife and I are on our way to the Wagner Festival in Bayreuth for several days , while the kids are with their grand-parents”, there are still quite a few positive elements…

Oh, well. . I'll just rent a 5 series to drive on the Autobahn in Germany and keep my E91 here.

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged

Last edited by BMWFM; 06-11-2013 at 06:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
I think the problem is that it's still too soon for ED information on all 2014(sept) models. At least that's what my CA told me. Check back in July.
      06-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

You can actually call BMW's ED desk if you want some info on possible dates.

Just call BMW NA hotline and ask them to connect you or they can also give you the direct phone #.

For example, they confirmed a possible ED for a MY 2014 Wagon on Aug. (not going to do that. I test drove the wagon and did not fall in love with the N20 engine).

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
rodybmw
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 i4 M50 / 2011 335is Coupe

I just went through that a couple of weeks ago. My GT is being produced in less than two weeks (the first week of July) and I had asked for a July 19th pick up date. BMW responded that the official release date is Sep. 16 and even though my GT will be ready by my requested date of July 19th I can't pick it up until Monday Sep. 16. I know they told you Sep. 15....but that's a Sunday and BMW Welt does not deliver cars on Sundays.

My wife and I were disappointed because we had planned a family trip for the end of July. We considered either just having our GT sent here for a US delivery in September or getting a 5 series Euro Delivery in July.....but at the end we decided that we'll take the kids out of school for a week or so in Sep. and do the Euro Delivery for the GT. The BMW rep promised my dealer that I would be the first one picking up a US spec GT in Munich on Sep. 16. They asked my dealer to re-submit the Euro Delivery order reservation....she did it earlier this week but we haven't heard anything back from BMW yet. I hope they don't come up with another lame excuse and back out of the Sep 16th date.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2015, Audi Q7 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodybmw View Post
I just went through that a couple of weeks ago. My GT is being produced in less than two weeks (the first week of July) and I had asked for a July 19th pick up date. BMW responded that the official release date is Sep. 16 and even though my GT will be ready by my requested date of July 19th I can't pick it up until Monday Sep. 16. I know they told you Sep. 15....but that's a Sunday and BMW Welt does not deliver cars on Sundays.

My wife and I were disappointed because we had planned a family trip for the end of July. We considered either just having our GT sent here for a US delivery in September or getting a 5 series Euro Delivery in July.....but at the end we decided that we'll take the kids out of school for a week or so in Sep. and do the Euro Delivery for the GT. The BMW rep promised my dealer that I would be the first one picking up a US spec GT in Munich on Sep. 16. They asked my dealer to re-submit the Euro Delivery order reservation....she did it earlier this week but we haven't heard anything back from BMW yet. I hope they don't come up with another lame excuse and back out of the Sep 16th date.
ED pick up date for my US spec. GT is 9/16 also. I'm fine with being 1st or 2nd . I might see you there. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Germancarnut, what GT model, color and features did you order?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 10:45 PM   #7
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

RodyBMW, Germancarnut: Out of curiosity, how much under MSRP (or over invoice) did you get?

Thanks!

FM
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

ED invoice + 1000$ for a 335xi GT luxury line.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjodell View Post
Germancarnut, what GT model, color and features did you order?
cjodell: We chatted on the other forum. Ordered a 335xi, imperial blue, saddle brown leather, luxury line, loaded.

I do however really like the look of the m sport, and sometimes feel tempted to change the order ...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Love that saddle brown leather. Did you have to purchase the Driver Assistance Package first in order to get the Driver Assistance Plus Package. The configurator says both packages are included in the Plus package and the Ordering Guide says you have to pay for both. Which is it?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Got my order sent in. Still deciding on the date and yes 9/15(16) is the earliest pickup for the 3GT.

335xi GT

Mineral Grey Metallic
M Sport Package
- 2V5 19" 598M wheels w/ mixed summer tires
- Leather Dakota Coral Red/Black highlight
- Aluminum Hexagon interior trim
- Highlight trim fininshers high-gloss
Driver Assistance package
Premium Package
Technology Package
M Sport Brakes
Dynamic Handling Package
      07-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
cjodell
Enlisted Member
Rep

Order confirmed for October 2nd ED and future Performance Center Delivery in SC:

328xi GT Red with Saddle leather and walnut trim
Luxury, Premier,Tech, Driver Asst and Driver Asst Plus, lighting pkg with auto high beams, Active CC, alarm, heated front seats.

Now the wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #13
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
I got confirmed for 9/17.
      07-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
cyber888
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi S5, 2006 Audi A6 Avt

Maybe you can rent a 3 series GT or a 5 series GT in Germany
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

Rented a 5GT last year. Was OK. Not stellar.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #16
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

I was in Germany this week and stopped by a BMW car dealer. They had a 320d GT. It was a Sport line with cloth seats.

Looks pretty good outside, but not as good as the wagon. The trunk is nice. Quite a bit of room in the back seat. The front seats felt a bit cramped for some reason (maybe just because we were driving a 5). Interior was comparable with a regular 3 series. Only the frameless door windows were a bit weird...

No big surprise vs. pics published. Will definitively consider one as BMW does not want to bring the 335 wagon here.

FM

PS: There is nothing like driving on the Autobahn with a 5 series wagon loaded with features. Had a lot of fun. Heads up display is definitively on my list.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

CA called today. They received a few 328 GT.

Dropped by to check them out. They look really good (better than the one I saw in Germany). The frameless doors are a bit weird but the rest is fine. Test drive maybe tomorrow.

FM.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep

First (limited) test drive today of a 328 GT. Car is very well behaved. Rear view is a bit small but not as bad as expected.

Good driving impression in sports mode, but I still prefer the steering feel of my e91. The interior is well appointed but feels a little more cramped that the e91. I have to check the dimensions. Suspension was a bit more floaty than expected. Braking and acceleration were decent. A 335 should be much more interesting.
Steering wheel is very nice, as well as the new touch iDrive. Trunk seems very versatile and the rear legroom is amazing. I was able to look at it side by side with an F30. What a difference.

Overall, it seems like a good option to replace the e91, but it was not really love at the first drive though. It would still be worth it to get all the new technologies. I was happy to drive back in my e91 and its silky engine.

FM
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
Germancarnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFM View Post
First (limited) test drive today of a 328 GT. Car is very well behaved. Rear view is a bit small but not as bad as expected.

Good driving impression in sports mode, but I still prefer the steering feel of my e91. The interior is well appointed but feels a little more cramped that the e91. I have to check the dimensions. Suspension was a bit more floaty than expected. Braking and acceleration were decent. A 335 should be much more interesting.
Steering wheel is very nice, as well as the new touch iDrive. Trunk seems very versatile and the rear legroom is amazing. I was able to look at it side by side with an F30. What a difference.

Overall, it seems like a good option to replace the e91, but it was not really love at the first drive though. It would still be worth it to get all the new technologies. I was happy to drive back in my e91 and its silky engine.

FM
Thanks for posting. I assume the car didn't have adaptive suspension.
Appreciate 0