F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B58 Log Review Thread
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #243
SÁpreme
Member
SÁpreme's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sioux Falls SD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
i think that's the best route regardless of the cost. the two will work together seamlessly.



My JB4 knowledge is little to none so I can't help much there. But changing JB4 maps should build on top of the MHD maps where yours still looks like it's building on stock. I would expect it to at least put out more boost than MHD Stage 2. But as far as the add-ons and extra wires, I'm not sure. I would have assumed it would work out of the box for these purposes.

Do the JB4 ethanol maps overwrite the original maps? So your Map 3 isn't the same as the original one? That might be your issue too, if the JB4 tune that you put on it is deliberately less aggressive than their 93 tune to compensate for the additional E85.

Sorry, on this one I'm just not as well versed in how it all works.
I'm not too sure either but the consensus seems to be that the JB4 is fucking up my world so I just ordered the MHD wifi adapter and will work on yanking the JB4 out this weekend and reflash with just MHD. Chatted with Ken from Wedge a bit too and I think I'm gonna work with them on some custom tuning, see what we can do.
Posted the JB4 on the member classifieds 😏
Appreciate 1
kern4172065.50

      12-04-2019, 04:02 PM   #244
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
2066
Rep
3,208
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÁpreme View Post
I'm not too sure either but the consensus seems to be that the JB4 is fucking up my world so I just ordered the MHD wifi adapter and will work on yanking the JB4 out this weekend and reflash with just MHD. Chatted with Ken from Wedge a bit too and I think I'm gonna work with them on some custom tuning, see what we can do.
Posted the JB4 on the member classifieds 😏


At a minimum, I'd switch to Map 0 and flash the actual MHD E30 tune to see if you feel an improvement over the JB4 ethanol map. That should answer some questions before you actually ditch it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:12 PM   #245
SÁpreme
Member
SÁpreme's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sioux Falls SD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post


At a minimum, I'd switch to Map 0 and flash the actual MHD E30 tune to see if you feel an improvement over the JB4 ethanol map. That should answer some questions before you actually ditch it.
You mean buy the MHD OTS E30 map? I honestly hate doing that because I feel like every purchase I make in this project is one step forward, two steps back lol. I literally just bought the JB4 app and Bluetooth adapter like 3 weeks ago because I thought I needed it to log the JB4 + MHD backend flash. Now I'm buying the MHD wifi adapter and logging module.
Since I'm planning on buying a custom tune from Wedge, I hate to also pay for an MHD OTS map if I don't have to.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 09:08 PM   #246
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
2066
Rep
3,208
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SÁpreme View Post
You mean buy the MHD OTS E30 map? I honestly hate doing that because I feel like every purchase I make in this project is one step forward, two steps back lol. I literally just bought the JB4 app and Bluetooth adapter like 3 weeks ago because I thought I needed it to log the JB4 + MHD backend flash. Now I'm buying the MHD wifi adapter and logging module.
Since I'm planning on buying a custom tune from Wedge, I hate to also pay for an MHD OTS map if I don't have to.
No worries man, you've got a solid plan of attack.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:08 AM   #247
enemigo13
Lieutenant
182
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: F30 340xi
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LT

iTrader: (0)

latest log :
https://datazap.me/u/enemigo/bmw-340...2-7-9-11-12-13

with this setup 340xi runs 1/4 mile at 11.93 @ 189.51km/h (118.4mph), 60ft 1.88 (slipping all 4 wheels on launch) and 100-200km/h 9.13 sec. ROZ98 petrol is used, all hardware including downpipe - stock. Only mod is NGK 94201 spark plugs.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 06:50 AM   #248
janea1207
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

b58

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
latest log :
https://datazap.me/u/enemigo/bmw-340...2-7-9-11-12-13

with this setup 340xi runs 1/4 mile at 11.93 @ 189.51km/h (118.4mph), 60ft 1.88 (slipping all 4 wheels on launch) and 100-200km/h 9.13 sec. ROZ98 petrol is used, all hardware including downpipe - stock. Only mod is NGK 94201 spark plugs.
MHD or BM3? OTS stage1 98RON map?
very good time 100-200
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 06:53 AM   #249
enemigo13
Lieutenant
182
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: F30 340xi
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
MHD or BM3? OTS stage1 98RON map?
very good time 100-200
not mhd or bm3, tuned myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #250
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
2066
Rep
3,208
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
MHD or BM3? OTS stage1 98RON map?
very good time 100-200
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
not mhd or bm3, tuned myself.
can you translate the descriptions to english? I think I see engine speed and fuel pressure but not sure about the others or their units of measure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Instagram @kern417
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #251
enemigo13
Lieutenant
182
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: F30 340xi
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
can you translate the descriptions to english? I think I see engine speed and fuel pressure but not sure about the others or their units of measure.
*lastwert relativ* load
*laderdruck* absolute pressure
*zuendwinkel* ignition timing
480c - desired load.
please ask if something else is not clear
Appreciate 1
kern4172065.50

      Today, 05:09 AM   #252
janea1207
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

340i stage2

Hi, 2016 340i stage2 Ron98
from 3th gear but with wheel spin. It is good?
https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...8;data=5-12-24
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:59 AM   #253
OzBMR
Private
93
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
Hi, 2016 340i stage2 Ron98
from 3th gear but with wheel spin. It is good?
https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...0&data=5-12-24
That looks like a lot of wheel spin

-0.5 C ambient is going to make it difficult to do a 3rd gear pull.

You'll need to wait till the temperature warms up a bit and try 4th gear?

The only data point that looks useful is 6900 RPM and everything looks good for a Stage 2 93 octane map
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
MHD 95/102 OTS using E30 blend 11.5@121mph
xHP
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:16 AM   #254
janea1207
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

B58

Today made in 4th gear
Please check
https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...&data=5-24

https://datazap.me/u/janea1207/bmw-3...&data=5-24
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:37 AM   #255
OzBMR
Private
93
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: BMW M140i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brisbane, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
The second log is useful and looks good Boost, timing and AFR all look about right for that tune.

How does it feel?
__________________
M140i LCI Mineral Grey
MHD 95/102 OTS using E30 blend 11.5@121mph
xHP
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:20 AM   #256
janea1207
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: France

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzBMR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by janea1207 View Post
The second log is useful and looks good Boost, timing and AFR all look about right for that tune.

How does it feel?
Feels very fast! Worry to check the 100-200 time because of winters tire. But checked 100-150km/h is 2.8 sec. Based on this video M140i stage2 100-200 8.2 sec and 100-150 is 2.92

my 340i stage2 should be ~8 sec 100-200
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST