F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Charge Pipe failure...again
ARMA SPEED

10-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #67
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Y I already pulled out both my stock pipes and inter cooler replaced with all with ER anodized aluminum charges pipes. The TIC was courtesy of Mike@n54tuning. Thanks Mike!.
How do you like them so far?

Mike
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2015, 01:16 PM   #68
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
No they blamed me, insisting that charge pipes cannot blow or break unless directly tampered with.
They really need their heads examined. Even if you took the thing out played with it, used it a s a golf putter how on earth can they link it to a failure. What do they think you did with it.

Really unbelievable... I would report this to BMW North America corporate.

Mike
I will. I can't believe how bad my experience was at that dealer. Thanks for the support Mike et all.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #69
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Y I already pulled out both my stock pipes and inter cooler replaced with all with ER anodized aluminum charges pipes. The TIC was courtesy of Mike@n54tuning. Thanks Mike!.
How do you like them so far?

Mike
I'm a fan of both the ER charge pipes and FMIC. I can't wait to be able to run high boost with a stage 2 pure turbo. They were a tough install especially because I have xDrive everything is very tight and inaccessible, but once it's all in I've been very happy with the results.

My one note to ER and resellers like Mike is that I would stop recommending to reuse o-rings from stock pipes, especially if you have some mileage on your stock pipes. I think one of my rings is slightly leaking boost since all connections seem very tight but I'm not boosting to spec. I ordered a new set of 4 OEM o-rings for $20 they're pretty cheap and since BMW recommends renewing the rings everything you disconnect the pipes I don't think reusing o-rings on new aluminum pipes is a very good idea considering the cost of new rings.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 01:11 PM   #70
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
No they blamed me, insisting that charge pipes cannot blow or break unless directly tampered with.
They really need their heads examined. Even if you took the thing out played with it, used it a s a golf putter how on earth can they link it to a failure. What do they think you did with it.

Mike
How do I go about about contacting BMW NA? Bmwusa.com only has contact dealer options. My goal is to go above the dealers direct to corporate, since it's a complaint about a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 01:19 PM   #71
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
How do I go about about contacting BMW NA? Bmwusa.com only has contact dealer options. My goal is to go above the dealers direct to corporate, since it's a complaint about a dealer.
1-800-831-1117
customerrelations@bmwusa.com

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #72
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar
Quote:
Quote:

Mike
You're still going to get your $$ from Dinan, right? If they're not following through on your phone calls, did you at least PM the Dinan rep that is always on this site? If not, you definitely need to.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 01:35 PM   #73
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike
You're still going to get your $$ from Dinan, right? If they're not following through on your phone calls, did you at least PM the Dinan rep that is always on this site? If not, you definitely need to.
I got a response back from someone in warranty and since it's the weekend now I'm assuming that will continue next week.

I'm taking more than one route though because BMW NA needs to take some disciplinary action against my service rep who as Mike put it "needs his head examined". I was straight scammed by the rep and he needs to face the consequences of his actions.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2015, 01:44 PM   #74
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike
I got a response back from someone in warranty and since it's the weekend now I'm assuming that will continue next week.

I'm taking more than one route though because BMW NA needs to take some disciplinary action against my service rep who as Mike put it "needs his head examined". I was straight scammed by the rep and he needs to face the consequences of his actions.
^Good point about discipline from BMW NA....completely uncalled for comments and hassle on your part.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #75
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Good for you.. Keep us updated.

Mike
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #76
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm pretty disappointed with Dinan's responsiveness so far,
I still haven't gotten more than a single very brief response on Friday, despite numerous emails and calls for the last week straight.

I also put in an email to BMW NA sharing all the same info today.

We'll see who responds quicker, though I believe it's Dinan's responsibility to cover the warranty and BMW NA's responsibility to properly inform/reprimand my scammy service rep.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #77
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

I am surprised that Dinan is dragging their feet. I have heard good things about their customer service but your experience is definitely not indicative of that.

@Dinan are you reading this thread?

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 06:08 PM   #78
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty disappointed with Dinan's responsiveness so far,
I still haven't gotten more than a single very brief response on Friday, despite numerous emails and calls for the last week straight.

I also put in an email to BMW NA sharing all the same info today.

We'll see who responds quicker, though I believe it's Dinan's responsibility to cover the warranty and BMW NA's responsibility to properly inform/reprimand my scammy service rep.
Did you PM the Dinan rep from this forum?? He has always responded within 24 hrs with all of my inquiries.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #79
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Did you PM the Dinan rep from this forum?? He has always responded within 24 hrs with all of my inquiries.
Will be doing that now.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #80
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post

Mike

Since Dinan is one of the paths I'm considering, I'll be curious to see how they deal with such a situation between them and a dealership who pulls this.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #81
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIWS
Quote:

Mike

Since Dinan is one of the paths I'm considering, I'll be curious to see how they deal with such a situation between them and a dealership who pulls this.
Finally spoke with a warranty and tech guy at Dinan for a bit today. Since this is so far after the fact now I need to work with The dealer and or BMW NA whom I also contacted to get the dealer to reopen the case and share all info etc with Dinan. They said they will stand behind their products now I just need to deal with the dealer. Since there are some cases of stock cars N55s blowing charge pipes BMW may be the ones ending up covering the warranty though I doubt it. If anyone knows the contact info of someone at BMW NA I would appreciate a PM. I put and email into customer relations and will be calling later today or tomorrow as well but their pubic number and email probably get a LOT of contacts.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #82
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike

Finally spoke with a warranty and tech guy at Dinan for a bit today. Since this is so far after the fact now I need to work with The dealer and or BMW NA whom I also contacted to get the dealer to reopen the case and share all info etc with Dinan. They said they will stand behind their products now I just need to deal with the dealer. Since there are some cases of stock cars N55s blowing charge pipes BMW may be the ones ending up covering the warranty though I doubt it. If anyone knows the contact info of someone at BMW NA I would appreciate a PM. I put and email into customer relations and will be calling later today or tomorrow as well but their pubic number and email probably get a LOT of contacts.
Is your car still under warranty (at this very moment)? If so, shouldn't Dinan "stand behind their product" whether there's been a delay or not? I mean, seems pretty cut and dry to me....charge pipe blows, dealer refuses because they claim it's due to Dinan tune, and now....isn't Dinan supposed to pay??

I mean, as a self-professed Dinan fanboy, I've always bragged about Dinan and defended them from all the guys on this forum who bash them because they're overpriced. Now, Dinan had a chance to make things right TODAY instead of muddying the waters by saying, "go back to BMW NA".

Seriously??? If this gets out to more forum members who are considering Dinan products, this is EXACTLY the kind of garbage that gives the Dinan haters bait. If we're paying double or triple the cost for a tune, partly due to warranty, then pay for the freaking charge pipe Dinan!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #83
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mike

Is your car still under warranty (at this very moment)? If so, shouldn't Dinan "stand behind their product" whether there's been a delay or not? I mean, seems pretty cut and dry to me....charge pipe blows, dealer refuses because they claim it's due to Dinan tune, and now....isn't Dinan supposed to pay??

I mean, as a self-professed Dinan fanboy, I've always bragged about Dinan and defended them from all the guys on this forum who bash them because they're overpriced. Now, Dinan had a chance to make things right TODAY instead of muddying the waters by saying, "go back to BMW NA".

Seriously??? If this gets out to more forum members who are considering Dinan products, this is EXACTLY the kind of garbage that gives the Dinan haters bait. If we're paying double or triple the cost for a tune, partly due to warranty, then pay for the freaking charge pipe Dinan!
This is the problem. The dealer didn't blame the Dinan unit. They blamed me. The service rep was certain that charge pipes can't blow unless tampered with so they blamed user error end of story. I accepted it until I read more and heard from everyone else how messed up it was and then went to Dinan. This is too far after the fact for them to be involved since the dealer has forgotten and moved on. The dealer fucked up by refusing to involve Dinan initially. My ignorance kept me from taking further action at the time.
Also communications with Dinan have been delayed this and last week due to SEMA as assumed by some posters.
But anyways I still am under BMW warranty until 04/2017.
Surprisingly BMW NA already had somebody reach out to me and I've been assigned a rep who is investigating my case. I haven't been contacted by her yet but I'm told she will call soon. I'm impressed by BMW NA so far only 12 hours for a human response when contacting their main email.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 05:46 AM   #84
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
This is too far after the fact for them to be involved since the dealer has forgotten and moved on. The dealer fucked up by refusing to involve Dinan initially. My ignorance kept me from taking further action at the time.
Also communications with Dinan have been delayed this and last week due to SEMA as assumed by some posters.
But anyways I still am under BMW warranty until 04/2017.
Surprisingly BMW NA already had somebody reach out to me and I've been assigned a rep who is investigating my case. I haven't been contacted by her yet but I'm told she will call soon. I'm impressed by BMW NA so far only 12 hours for a human response when contacting their main email.
Makes sense on Dinan's part (figured they never involved Dinan at the time). I sincerely hope BMW NA goes ahead and re-reimburses you somehow to cover for the crap dealership and their lack of knowledge or worse intentional deception to a customer.

Ask me how I knew about the SEMA influence (happened with me)

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #85
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Canada
Rep

Unfortunately sounds like you are caught between two things (BMW / Dinan) I wold request proof of you tampering with the CP from BMW. I doubt they could produce this. I would give up on the dealer and just open a case with BMW NA.

Mike
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #86
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Unfortunately sounds like you are caught between two things (BMW / Dinan) I wold request proof of you tampering with the CP from BMW. I doubt they could produce this. I would give up on the dealer and just open a case with BMW NA.

Mike
Just got off the phone with my case officer at BMW NA. Very very helpful. Complaint officially filed against the dealer and they are going to request that the service case be reopened by the dealer so Dinan warranty can investigate etc.
BMW NA doing it right.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #87
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Just got off the phone with my case officer at BMW NA. Very very helpful. Complaint officially filed against the dealer and they are going to request that the service case be reopened by the dealer so Dinan warranty can investigate etc.
BMW NA doing it right.
They know customer service is what brings most people back to their brand or has them stay. So if they can help you, that means a better chance of you buying anothet car from them.

It was the same for my financing with bmw, when I traded in my 328i, I spoke with one of the financial representatives and they wanted a pay slip and stuff, after review they wanted a co-signer but BMWFS basically said all I needed to do was throw 5k down and they'll take care of the rest.

Also, when my uncle drove me in his 323i to the dealership to pick up my car, they said his car sounded weird and asked if they could inspect it. Apparently the alt belt was fucked up and they replaced it free of charge as I signed for my vehicle.

When I was with mercedes, they wanted 10k down and wouldn't even speak with me. Not to mention 3/4 of the dealers I've been through were shady/rude.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #88
The Nerd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mike
BMW NA doing it right.
Glad this is being handled properly (finally).
Appreciate 0