F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Ughhhhhhhh...........
Studio RSR

11-08-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
That340i
Im real pressed.
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i X-Drive

Ughhhhhhhh...........

Got my 3 series back from the dealer yesterday. And to make a long story short im not happy with my car at all right now. So yesterday night I was pulling my 3 series out of the garage when all of a sudden all of the exterior and interior lighting shut off.....I tried to turn them back on by turning the switch that controls the light's to the manual mode and guess what???? They did not turn back on....So im thinking "I dont have time for this BS.." So I shut the car off and got out the car and locked it (Using Comfort Access this will come into play later on in the story). So I get back in (Once again using Comfort Access). Start the engine and the light's still dont turn on at all... So after about 5 minutes of me trying to get the light's to turn on I eventually give up and pull the car back inside of the garage. Go to shut the engine off and the car shut's down as normal except this time the radio wont go off(but the screen is black), the gauge cluster looks as if the engine is still running but it's not and the door handle light's won't turn off. So I go to turn the car back on it start's up and everything and I shut it right back off but as I stated above the radio was still playing and the gauge cluster looks as if the engine is still running and the door handle lighting wont shut off. So I give up once again and step out of the car and go to lock it but guess what comfort access isn't working at all. Can't lock the car or unlock the car unless I use the fob..... So now I have a CAR WITH LESS THAN 2k miles on it sitting in my garage that I can't drive at all. And to make matter's worse I have to disconnect the battery so the battery won't die because OHHHH!!! The radio won't turn off and the gauge cluster is still on as if the engine is running and the door handle lighting wont shut off. And the gauge cluster is Showing everything that should be on only when the engine is running. Glad I have other car's to fall back on though because if I didn't we would have a problem.

I forgot to mention that I called my dealer but they tell me that they can't look at the car until next week.......
      11-08-2017, 08:31 PM   #2
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
maybe your FRM module

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by That340i View Post
Got my 3 series back from the dealer yesterday. And to make a long story short im not happy with my car at all right now. So yesterday night I was pulling my 3 series out of the garage when all of a sudden all of the exterior and interior lighting shut off.....I tried to turn them back on by turning the switch that controls the light's to the manual mode and guess what???? They did not turn back on....So im thinking "I dont have time for this BS.." So I shut the car off and got out the car and locked it (Using Comfort Access this will come into play later on in the story). So I get back in (Once again using Comfort Access). Start the engine and the light's still dont turn on at all... So after about 5 minutes of me trying to get the light's to turn on I eventually give up and pull the car back inside of the garage. Go to shut the engine off and the car shut's down as normal except this time the radio wont go off(but the screen is black), the gauge cluster looks as if the engine is still running but it's not and the door handle light's won't turn off. So I go to turn the car back on it start's up and everything and I shut it right back off but as I stated above the radio was still playing and the gauge cluster looks as if the engine is still running and the door handle lighting wont shut off. So I give up once again and step out of the car and go to lock it but guess what comfort access isn't working at all. Can't lock the car or unlock the car unless I use the fob..... So now I have a CAR WITH LESS THAN 2k miles on it sitting in my garage that I can't drive at all. And to make matter's worse I have to disconnect the battery so the battery won't die because OHHHH!!! The radio won't turn off and the gauge cluster is still on as if the engine is running and the door handle lighting wont shut off. And the gauge cluster is Showing everything that should be on only when the engine is running. Glad I have other car's to fall back on though because if I didn't we would have a problem.

I forgot to mention that I called my dealer but they tell me that they can't look at the car until next week.......
Do you have any other dealership choices? My dealership would have said bring the car in right now and if they were backed up, they would still take the car and give me a loaner right away. You need a new dealership if that is possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
That340i
Im real pressed.
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Do you have any other dealership choices? My dealership would have said bring the car in right now and if they were backed up, they would still take the car and give me a loaner right away. You need a new dealership if that is possible.
I do have other dealership choices....
They currently do have the car though and put me in another loaner. Im just ready for them to fix my car and give it back too me.Hopefully I get it back before Thanksgiving....And not after!
      11-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike. View Post
maybe your FRM module
Either that, and/or a battery that is acting up.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #6
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

FRM - My old E92 had a bricked FRM, and those were the symptoms.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #7
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

Ok, I’ll bite....FRM stands for what? Something something module?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

It's the footwell module.
Appreciate 0