F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Wheel Lock Removal
proTUNING Freaks

06-28-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
Bnks
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 335i

Wheel Lock Removal

I have a wheel lock that I'm trying to remove but cannot get off. I've went thru 4 keys trying to get it off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this thing off? I removed 3/4 but this last one is a pain in my ass. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
fadedsun
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

I had a similar issue where a mod shop over-torqued one of my wheel locks and there was no way to get the key to grip. I went through several new wheel lock keys thinking that was the issue.

After I exhausted every option without breaking the lock, I took it to a different shop and they ended up purchasing a specialized wheel lock removal tool that breaks the lock, creates a spline in the middle and allows you to grip in the middle to remove it. The shop is located in South Amboy, let me know if you want the name.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
Bnks
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedsun View Post
I had a similar issue where a mod shop over-torqued one of my wheel locks and there was no way to get the key to grip. I went through several new wheel lock keys thinking that was the issue.

After I exhausted every option without breaking the lock, I took it to a different shop and they ended up purchasing a specialized wheel lock removal tool that breaks the lock, creates a spline in the middle and allows you to grip in the middle to remove it. The shop is located in South Amboy, let me know if you want the name.
Yes please let me know the name of the shop. I ran my mouth at the dealer and they are making an attempt. If they can't get it with the key, they want $160+tax so if you have a shop and it's cheaper, I would definitely give them a try. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
475f30n55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedsun View Post

Yes please let me know the name of the shop. I ran my mouth at the dealer and they are making an attempt. If they can't get it with the key, they want $160+tax so if you have a shop and it's cheaper, I would definitely give them a try. Thanks
ah i feel your pain. i had same problem and local shop took it off for $50. im not sure will they charge you the same cuz its been 2years now.
Appreciate 0