F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Cs style taillight
GetBMWParts

08-20-2021, 03:59 PM   #67
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
IDK about pre-LCI lights, but I recently purchased the latest version of the VLAND F32 CS Style lights - and coming from my current OEM LCI F32 Euro Blackline lights the VLAND Brake & Turn signal lights were only half as bright and barely visible in direct sunlight here in PA

Issue was increased due to the fact that on the VLAND F32 lights there are NO brake lights in the trunk lights due to lack of room = only brake in fender light

I installed new VLAND on only PS for comparison - had several friends take a look and tell me what they thought without telling them anything about my perceived dimness issue & they all agreed

The OEM LCI lights actually jump up & smack you right in the face with 'hey I'm turning' or 'hey I'm braking'

Plus the inner turn signal lens is smooth, while they used some kind of old school faceted lens for the fender light turn signal & together they look like A$$

Some other observations:
  • Fitment wasn't too bad, just had to fiddle a bit back n forth with the fender mount light adjusters to get them flush with trunk lights
  • Didn't need to run the xtra wires up to the inner tails or use the resistors as I had already done the OEM LCI retrofit with the OEM harness
  • Startup dance of the dragon scales was kinda cool and they were bright enough
  • Reverse lights were dimmer than OEM since they only used (2) led's instead of OEM (4)
  • Rear Fog lights were dimmer than OEM since again, they only used (2) led's instead of OEM (4)

I'm not gonna be responsible for a collision (esp. since VLAND is stamped on the outside of the lenses, so clearly they are aftermarket vs. OEM DOT Certified/Approved) so I returned them for a full refund

Just thought I would try them since some aftermarket parts aren't too bad - but these were a definite fail for me

There's a reason why the OEM CS lights cost $9K
Do you have any photos of the lights/indicator/brakes to see how dim they look. In the day mine look pretty bright and definetly visible in the sunlight.

Not sure if that's just because I came from pre lci and they arent bright
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 02:02 AM   #68
greyf36
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Grey F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
I finally received my Vland taillights yesterday. Took 3 weeks through amazon.
Was hoping a manual would be included, but it's just a diagram of the wiring.

This video makes it look very easy - anything else I need to be aware of?

EDIT: Went into this confident about the light install, but had to give up already removing all the boot trim in order to run the pre-lci cable. Any tips and how do you run it past the hinge ?
i know what you mean man...i have a F36 too and the hatch makes it very difficult to run the wires...luckily i did all the work previously when i went from PRE-LCI to LCI....so i had all the stuff done 2years ago...

but to answer your questions, you need to take off a lot of the trims on the hatch ...thats the hardest part IMO...dont give up..it just takes time
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #69
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys, how did you do the writing from the outer tail light to the inner, I ran through and up into the boot hinge, but noticed the other day that the wire is getting caught in the spring which may cause a problem after a while of opening and closing?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #70
drapzzy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Garage List
2016 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squibby1996 View Post
Hey guys, how did you do the writing from the outer tail light to the inner, I ran through and up into the boot hinge, but noticed the other day that the wire is getting caught in the spring which may cause a problem after a while of opening and closing?
it should not be caught in the spring run it around it and there if not wrap it in electrical tape
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 04:59 AM   #71
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Got a professional installer to do mine - saved me a lot of grief for not much money

Bachu164.50
      09-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #72
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther1 View Post
Got a professional installer to do mine - saved me a lot of grief for not much money

Isn't much grief fitting them tbh and prefer doing it myself as enjoy it, just wondered how people wired it as the wire has to have slack to move with the boot hinge then naturally tends to move into the spring
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 01:25 PM   #73
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

Tape the cable around the arm as low as possible to the opposite side of the spring then leave plenty of slack so any movement with the boot lid doesn't put tension or stress on the wiring.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #74
Squibby1996
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe View Post
Tape the cable around the arm as low as possible to the opposite side of the spring then leave plenty of slack so any movement with the boot lid doesn't put tension or stress on the wiring.
Yeah I've done that there's no strain on the wires and taped lower but still just wants to fling into
The spring, must have an awkward wire🙄
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 11:25 AM   #75
morritse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Xdrive

Installed these on my lci f32 last night. I can not for the life of me get the inner lights to be flush with the outers. All clips are engaged properly (I think) also, the startup sequence doesn't work on the outer lights.

Any advice?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 01:32 PM   #76
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep

Both of my reversing lights in my gts lights recently stopped working, has anyone else had this issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 05:56 AM   #77
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Both of my reversing lights in my gts lights recently stopped working, has anyone else had this issue?
Had one of my inner lights stop working ended up buying a new set just to replace it. Strange that it’s only the reversing lights makes me think a possible wiring issues, but just guessing.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 01:33 PM   #78
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah I've tested the signal to the reverse light and it gets power when in reverse, seems strange that both have blown at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 03:20 PM   #79
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by morritse View Post
Installed these on my lci f32 last night. I can not for the life of me get the inner lights to be flush with the outers. All clips are engaged properly (I think) also, the startup sequence doesn't work on the outer lights.

Any advice?

View post on imgur.com
Tbh, to me, the outer is not sitting correctly - you can see how it is recessed at the top edge vs the edge of the car panel. Like the light has been pushed in, but the bottom edge looks correct.
Example:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0aYAA...rj/s-l1600.jpg

What about the individual lights on outers? - Break, turn, park? - Working correctly and only the start-up sequence does not work?
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 04:52 PM   #80
Samir72
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Yeah I've tested the signal to the reverse light and it gets power when in reverse, seems strange that both have blown at the same time.
Well I would guess that the cheaper leds used have just given out. It’s not like you can even open them to check. Really weird that both have given up at the same time.
Appreciate 0