F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > This says it all.
Extreme Power House

12-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #23
JNW1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
In the last year I have seen mobile revenue generators on the a3 just north and south of our village, in a place there’s never really any accidents nor pedestrians.

Instead they could have been placed where they could make a difference less than 100 meters away on the main road into and out of the village slowing people in an area where it’s a matter of time before something nasty happens. And they’d most likely catch just as many people for their coffers.
I think you've illustrated quite well what annoys so many people about the use of cameras! They were sold to the motoring public initially on the basis they'd be used to help reduce accidents at known blackspots but over time that's just morphed into them being deployed at places where they're most likely to earn revenue.

This probably explains why, despite a significant increase in the mobile camera fleet in North Yorkshire, the official statistics don't show any improvement in either the number of fatalities or critical injuries on the county's roads....
Appreciate 1
SkyJawa1880.00

12-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #24
Mr Whippy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4

It all begs the question, where is the money going?

Government and councils are cutting everything but taxes are higher than ever.

It's clear we're in for some shitty decades ahead.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #25
F20MAW73
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I do always try to stick to these 20 mph speed limits and all speed limits in general these days.

I have calmed down a bit in this respect through age even though the cars I own seem to get bigger, better and faster!

Listening to the radio this week they were debating the 20 mph zones. One caller rang in to say he hit a young man at 20 mph and he just cart wheeled away from the incident without a scratch on him fortunately. Maybe if he had been travelling at 30 mph it would be a different story and could have been life changing for all involved.
      12-20-2017, 11:54 AM   #26
Surg_Capt_R
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 - M:- CP

We get a lot of accidents in our 20 zones here. I would say more than when it was 30. The 20 was introduced after 6 deaths in a year but so far there have been more than 10 disabling accidents and 3 deaths.
Appreciate 0