F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sport Mode
Studio RSR

04-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
Defero
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defero View Post
I don't have adaptive in my 325d msport f31 and I don't have these options.
Sorry. so I was quite wrong and adaptive suspension gives you options you must select yourself in sports Mode.
Good to know
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #24
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

In M/S and sport mode does it hold in lower gears than just sport through the range? Does it also retain the sport throttle response etc like "super sport mode" or does it just revert to a standard M/S dynamics?

Dont known if what im asking makes sense, I guess I will find out soon but this sort of info helps the wait fever
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #25
VonRat
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles Ken View Post
Sorry. so I was quite wrong and adaptive suspension gives you options you must select yourself in sports Mode.
This is why I think that in a car without Adaptive suspension or VSS, there is no difference between knocking the gear lever over to the left or selecting Sport mode using the switch (apart from the option of manual shifting).
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 06:49 AM   #26
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Either putting stick to left OR selecting sport mode will make gearbox hold gears longer for higher revs. But pushing gear stick left will also make gear changes faster.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #27
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRat View Post
This is why I think that in a car without Adaptive suspension or VSS, there is no difference between knocking the gear lever over to the left or selecting Sport mode using the switch (apart from the option of manual shifting).
Gear lever in Sport mode does not alter the throttle 'feel', and there is a difference I believe in the actual gear mapping between the two scenarios you list.

In other words, Gearbox S Mode changes the gearbox mapping, so too does Sport mode (drive selector switch). You can feel this when you select Sport the auto drops a gear or two, then when you select S mode it might drop another gear. So 2 step changes. Whether the step change 1 is the same either way is the debatable point....I don't think it is.....S Mode goes straight to step 2 regardless of drive selection. If that makes sense.

And yes you need adaptive suspension to be able to access the menu to change Sport config.
Appreciate 0