F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Harlequin's F32 Build
ARMA SPEED

09-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #199
HelmutVisor
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F32 435d XDrive M Sport

Congrats on 4000 posts mate!!

She is now dropped. About 15mm on a set of ACS coils.

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #200
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmutVisor View Post
Congrats on 4000 posts mate!!

She is now dropped. About 15mm on a set of ACS coils.

Thanks! And NICE!
      09-20-2016, 10:41 PM   #201
n00bim2015
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmutVisor View Post
Thank you.

As promised, here she is with the new wheels. Had a right old faff with the original wheels I'd spec'd. They didnt fit over the front calipers due to a lip on the inner surface of the wheel. Went for the ones below instead and I'm more than happy!

More piccies here

Will be looking at dropping it 20mm or so with a set of ACS coils.
whats your rear wheel spec? how much does it poke out more than stock oem. any rub on bumps or road dips
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 07:05 AM   #202
HelmutVisor
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F32 435d XDrive M Sport

Rear is 19x9.5 with an ET of 45, fronts are 19x8.5 ET 35. With a 20mm ACS lowering, no rub whatsoever. Both front and rears are very slightly in board of the wheel arches. They are further out than OEM and look a lot better imho. Click on my previous post to see up to date pics with it lowered.

(Lowered)

Last edited by HelmutVisor; 09-24-2016 at 04:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #203
steevjee
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 428i

I have same car as you

Hi Harlequin,
I'm Steve & I'm in Melbourne, I just recently flew to Sydney to buy my Black 2015 M Sport F32 with Oyster leather & anthracite trim & only 20k on the clock. So I'm keen to see what you're doing with your car, I have the black kidneys on order & the rear diffuser, now just about to order my new wheels but I wanted to ask you if the 20's have affected the ride much? also have you lowered? I was thinking H&R Sport springs with 20mm front & 15mm rear. Appreciate your thoughts as I'm new to these forums & also to BMW's
cheers

Last edited by steevjee; 12-14-2017 at 12:58 AM.. Reason: forgot name
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 09:25 PM   #204
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevjee View Post
Hi Harlequin,
I'm Steve & I'm in Melbourne, I just recently flew to Sydney to buy my Black 2015 M Sport F32 with Oyster leather & anthracite trim & only 20k on the clock. So I'm keen to see what you're doing with your car, I have the black kidneys on order & the rear diffuser, now just about to order my new wheels but I wanted to ask you if the 20's have affected the ride much? also have you lowered? I was thinking H&R Sport springs with 20mm front & 15mm rear. Appreciate your thoughts as I'm new to these forums & also to BMW's
cheers
Hey mate. Congrats on the new ride. Sounds a lot like mine

The 20" wheels do have an effect on ride quality but that's unavoidable. If you reduce the amount of rubber available for compression its going to be a harder ride. For me though, it's still fine. But ride quality is rather subjective.

Yes, I'm lowered on H&R Sport Springs. The combination of the 20" wheels and the Springs definitely introduces a bit more NVH but IMO it's worth it for better overall handling.

Can't help you on the spacer sizes as I went with wider/different offset wheels that fill out the wheel wells pretty perfectly. Sizes/Offsets are 8.5" ET30 & 10" ET40.
      12-29-2017, 10:31 PM   #205
steevjee
Registered
Rep

Lowering tips

I'm about where I want to be in terms of mods ATM.
Black grilles, rear diffuser, debadged, just got my new wheels but as my existing Continentals are around 80% I opted to get 19" Mars MP-RI in hyper black & stick some ebay sourced BMW badges on them, they will then be BBS clones (yep I'm a tight arse).
My next step is to lower my black beauty, seems H&R Sports are the way to go but not sure on how low? Is there a limit without affecting the BMW Adaptive Suspension? is it possible to get some pics of yours in its lowered state? I see your link to where to buy them but what price should I expect to have them fitted? Sorry lotsa questions but I'm the kid with the new toy, well the nearly 67 YO kid that is

cheers
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #206
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Black grilles, rear diffuser, debadged, just got my new wheels but as my existing Continentals are around 80% I opted to get 19" Mars MP-RI in hyper black & stick some ebay sourced BMW badges on them, they will then be BBS clones (yep I'm a tight arse).
My next step is to lower my black beauty, seems H&R Sports are the way to go but not sure on how low? Is there a limit without affecting the BMW Adaptive Suspension? is it possible to get some pics of yours in its lowered state? I see your link to where to buy them but what price should I expect to have them fitted? Sorry lotsa questions but I'm the kid with the new toy, well the nearly 67 YO kid that is

cheers
You don't have to worry about "how low" with the springs. H&R Sports only come in one model for these cars and it's a fixed height drop of 1.2" F&R.

There are also the "Super Sports" which are a bigger drop but you can't use them if you have the M Adaptive suspension as it will cause the car to throw error codes.

All the pics of my car in the second half of this thread are in it's lowered state.

Suspension install can be a bit pricey depending on where you go but with something so important I'd advise not scrimping on price.

You're gonna be looking at around $400-$600. Anyone who quotes you lower than that does not have the experience to know what's involved so I wouldn't trust them.
      01-02-2018, 03:05 AM   #207
steevjee
Registered
Rep

Thanks again for your helpful advice, I'll definitely follow it. Once I get the springs in & windows tinted I'll be ready to show her off & post some pics. Only 1 other small prob, I have some yellowish stains on the leading edges of my Oyster seats, I've applied Meguairs Gold Class Leather cleaner several times but it doesn't shift, any clues?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:46 AM   #208
RogueAI
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Thanks again for your helpful advice, I'll definitely follow it. Once I get the springs in & windows tinted I'll be ready to show her off & post some pics. Only 1 other small prob, I have some yellowish stains on the leading edges of my Oyster seats, I've applied Meguairs Gold Class Leather cleaner several times but it doesn't shift, any clues?
I use the same on the cream leather in the wife's X5. I find it gets most of the surface grime off but the staining from jeans and blacks pants is slowly building up and won't come off with Meguiar's or soap, water, and good old elbow grease. Yet to find a definitive answer on best way to clean
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 06:31 AM   #209
steevjee
Registered
Rep

leather stains

Took my car to a car upholstery guy today & he says the previous owner has hit those stains with something too harsh & actually removed the dye in places He has put me on to a mob called New Life Vinyl as they can re coat the damaged areas. Not sure if that helps you or if they operate in your area, but they have a website. I'll let you know how I get on.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 12:52 PM   #210
LaNcE01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LR2,328i,GLC220d,LibertyGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Very Nice, where did you order the LCI trim. I've asked around but couldn't find any leads

I too am stuck with this! Can I please have his details?

thank you!

ps. amazing looking car!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 12:02 AM   #211
mihail.b
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Quote:

cheers
You don't have to worry about "how low" with the springs. H&R Sports only come in one model for these cars and it's a fixed height drop of 1.2" F&R.

There are also the "Super Sports" which are a bigger drop but you can't use them if you have the M Adaptive suspension as it will cause the car to throw error codes.

All the pics of my car in the second half of this thread are in it's lowered state.

Suspension install can be a bit pricey depending on where you go but with something so important I'd advise not scrimping on price.

You're gonna be looking at around $400-$600. Anyone who quotes you lower than that does not have the experience to know what's involved so I wouldn't trust them.
I'm not sure what error codes you're talking about but I've got the H&R Super Sports with adaptive suspension and haven't had any issues.

They have been on the car for close to 5 months now.

I ended up paying $800 supplied and fitted with alignment too in SE Melbourne.
Appreciate 0