F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Meguiars wheel brightener D140
GetBMWParts

01-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black 335i

Meguiars wheel brightener D140

I have a quick product review. Sorry no pictures!

I have tried Sonax full effect wheel cleaner and found it was okay but needed way to much product to do the job as advertised. I ended up having to brush the wheels to get good results. My go to for years has been Chemical guys Diablo wheel cleaner. Spray on, brush and it works good. Dilutes well so a little goes a long way.

I thought I would try out some of the D140. I got the 1 gallon container that came with the small spray bottle with the dilution markings on the side. Easy to dilute and set up.

I tried this on my winter wheels that were VERY dirty and it worked really well. Spray on...sit for a minute or two and rinse. With no brushing it got easily 90-95% of the dirt off. I tried it on the wheels when only moderately dirty and no brushing was required. It left a totally clean wheel behind. In comparison Sonax would have been about half as effective from my experience.

I was concerned about this product as it is acid based but the results have been excellent. Highly recommend it. The amount that I have used out the large container means this will last for a long time so the price is great.I will try and get some pictures when I have a really dirty set of wheels in near future.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

What was your dilution ratio?
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

First bottle I went 4-1. Second time I tried 3-1. I would say I got good results both times. The next time I will go with 4-1. Based on how much I have used so far, the gallon jug will last for a long time.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
First bottle I went 4-1. Second time I tried 3-1. I would say I got good results both times. The next time I will go with 4-1. Based on how much I have used so far, the gallon jug will last for a long time.
4 or 3 parts of cleaner or water? Thanks!
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 03:38 PM   #5
vanbmw
Major
Canada
Rep

Sorry for the confusion. 3 or 4 parts water to 1 part of cleaner.
Appreciate 1