F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Extreme Powerhouse

08-09-2020, 01:43 PM   #4093
cerij101
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d F11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollyran View Post
Your WiFi is open?
I deleted all the existing connections and started again, using the instructions posted earlier. So far seems to have worked. sometimes without instructions it's not obvious what you're supposed to do so when I clicked on my device during the pairing process I didn't know I also had to click on "hands-free profile" for it to pair with the phone.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #4094
HeatGun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i N55

Can anyone control steering wheel buttons ie answering phone/siri and etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 02:39 PM   #4095
HolySandTrapMiniVan
Rep
Drives: 2014 Glacier Silver 335i

B version mod firmware compatibility

I just finished installing mine today and I'm interested in the widescreen fix. However, I am very confused as to the compatibility of my particular unit. I tried updating to v2.0.B0.mod with two different thumb drives formatted in FAT and FAT32 but each time the MMI complained saying no GEMINI found. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #4096
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolySandTrapMiniVan View Post
I just finished installing mine today and I'm interested in the widescreen fix. However, I am very confused as to the compatibility of my particular unit. I tried updating to v2.0.B0.mod with two different thumb drives formatted in FAT and FAT32 but each time the MMI complained saying no GEMINI found. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
You have the new Andream unit. It uses gemini_pack.bin system sw. The older units use the ispbooot.bin system sw. These units and sw versions are not compatible with each other.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 04:54 PM   #4097
Blackbrere
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbrere View Post
It seems like everyone here is having a varying level of success, however I’ve had the Andream unit for 30 days now and it has been a complete nightmare.

The unit will consistently fail to boot up. It’ll only show a black screen on the Idrive screen. This can go on for a day, a few days or just until I next get in the car.

I’ve tried resolving it with the seller on AliExpress but I’ll get a generic ‘take out and put the CAN cable’ blah. I’ve shown them videos. Doesn’t matter what I press if it’s down, menu or trying to reset by pressing back, just hear the click then a black screen.

I’ve re-checked everything, the cables, the quadlock etc at my wits end When it works it’s a dream. I’ve included the below for anyone that might be able to help

For anyone that's curious, turns out it was a firmware issue (was adamant it would be hardware related). Seller provided me an update around 2 weeks ago and it's been working perfectly.
Appreciate 1
vennids16.50
      08-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #4098
Blackbrere
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatGun View Post
Can anyone control steering wheel buttons ie answering phone/siri and etc?
Holding down the voice button on the wheel activates Siri. Haven't tested picking up calls via steering wheel. I'll give it a shot and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #4099
HeatGun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 335i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbrere View Post
Holding down the voice button on the wheel activates Siri. Haven't tested picking up calls via steering wheel. I'll give it a shot and let you know.
Mine used to work and it does not anymore 🤦🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #4100
HolySandTrapMiniVan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
You have the new Andream unit. It uses gemini_pack.bin system sw. The older units use the ispbooot.bin system sw. These units and sw versions are not compatible with each other.
I thought Firefly said:

"The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below)."

Hopefully the modded version can be made compatible soon if that's not true.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #4101
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
I thought Firefly said:

"The biggest change is that this version will run on any device. It does not matter if you have an Andream, Carlinkit, RoadTop or Bimmertech device.
It is based on the latest Bimmertech update featuring their UI (see below)."

Hopefully the modded version can be made compatible soon if that's not true.
It is true, that's why he posted what he posted.

The hardware between the 2 units is different, although it appears that they are close enough that the software is compatible between them.

So if you really want to use the custom FW then just rename ISPBOOOT.BIN to GEMINI_PACK.BIN and put it on your usb.

Use the pin code 5025 (for the Andream unit, no idea yet what the pin code for the RoadTop 02B unit is) and update your unit.

Just remember that as of right now, once you do that, you are then stuck on the older updates (01A units) and currently you will only be able to use the v20.B0.mod as no other software version will work on it, and if there are no future updates from Andream / Carlinkit / RoadTop or Bimmertech for these 01A units, then you are stuck on 01A forever with the rest of us.

If that happens and they continue to release updates for only the 02B units (the newer ones like the one you have), then you won't be able to use that software as you can not flash back to that version (as of right now). It is possible that we can fix that in the future, but it's not guaranteed.

Which is why I wouldn't currently recommend it, but it's your unit so your choice as to what you want to do with it.
Appreciate 2
muniz_ri447.50
eexxcc9.00
      08-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #4102
HolySandTrapMiniVan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
It is true, that's why he posted what he posted.

The hardware between the 2 units is different, although it appears that they are close enough that the software is compatible between them.

So if you really want to use the custom FW then just rename ISPBOOOT.BIN to GEMINI_PACK.BIN and put it on your usb.

Use the pin code 5025 (for the Andream unit, no idea yet what the pin code for the RoadTop 02B unit is) and update your unit.

Just remember that as of right now, once you do that, you are then stuck on the older updates (01A units) and currently you will only be able to use the v20.B0.mod as no other software version will work on it, and if there are no future updates from Andream / Carlinkit / RoadTop or Bimmertech for these 01A units, then you are stuck on 01A forever with the rest of us.

If that happens and they continue to release updates for only the 02B units (the newer ones like the one you have), then you won't be able to use that software as you can not flash back to that version (as of right now). It is possible that we can fix that in the future, but it's not guaranteed.

Which is why I wouldn't currently recommend it, but it's your unit so your choice as to what you want to do with it.
That's the clarification I was looking for, thanks. Didn't mean to sound ungrateful.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 04:11 AM   #4103
Xeo_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 530D

Hi,

I installed an andream recently in my f10, is a CIC and usually, everything seems to work correctly but the screen turns off and on without further ado, sometimes for a few seconds other times for several minutes.

SDK 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST ver v2.1.0.5.1.gpe.c
MCU ver 20.5.18.17
HW ver BMW_CIC

I use CarPlay with an iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.6

Any idea of how I can solve it?

Last edited by Xeo_; 08-10-2020 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 04:23 AM   #4104
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeo_ View Post
Hi,

I installed an andream recently in my f10, is a CIC and usually, everything seems to work correctly but the screen turns off and on without further ado, sometimes for a few seconds other times for several minutes.

SDK 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST ver v2.1.0.5.1.gpe.c
MCU ver 20.5.18.17
HW ver BMW_CIC

I use CarPlay with an iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.6

Any idea of how I can solve it?
Try upgrading to 2.1.0.7.gpe.c posted on the first page.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:27 AM   #4105
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerij101 View Post
Is the OP7 Pro wired or wireless AA?
I've been using it wired. But I did test using it wireless, via developer settings and it worked however it didn't always auto connect back so I just decided to not be lazy and plug it in

However since then there have been a couple updates to AA and I have updated my MMI to all the latest versions so it may be fixed now.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 07:30 AM   #4106
mako2388
Rep
Drives: X3 f25 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako2388 View Post
Ah I will give that a shot. I have a oneplus 7 pro which has like a "smart" setting where it switches the res by what you are doing. I can set it to high and see if that changes anything. Thanks for the suggestion!
Just an FYI this didn't work. (Catching up on the thread here...been without internet for almost 6 days due to a storm here in CT)
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 08:37 AM   #4107
UnknownBeing
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i (22 M340i in-transit)

I was going to pick up an andream unit, but are these new "b" models working with the custom firmware that allows wide screen AA?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 08:45 AM   #4108
TE26M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nardo Grey M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilFive View Post
See answers in red.
All is done, found the issue with the USB (wires were loose in the connection) and all works. Updated the MCU, etc and all plugs are tight.

EXCEPT: I still cannot hear someone when they call and it connects through carplay, however they can hear me.

If I connect it through the BMW bluetooth, they can hear me and I can hear them.

Simply put:

1. How do I force calls only through the BMW BT and NOT Carplay?

2. Was carplay even setup to work with calls properly?

3. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 10:10 AM   #4109
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Anyone have a fix for CarPlay and the fact Navigation voices on Google and Waze are not controllable independently anymore?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #4110
Xeo_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Try upgrading to 2.1.0.7.gpe.c posted on the first page.

It's very frustrating .. I've updated and it keeps turning the screen off and on by itself, I've updated the MCU and the same.

Now I have 2.1.0.7.gpe.c and MCU 20.6.18

I have noticed that I use the iDrive in the CarPlay but it also moves in the original system, is normal?

any idea?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 10:41 AM   #4111
Chase123
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30

I use the andream nbt unit and everything works fine expect 2 little things: (CarPlay) I didn't flash the unit, the software is original.

1. Does anybody else have the problem, that the sound doesn't work sometimes when you start the car? (Just Music) I have to reboot the box and then everything works fine again 🤔 but I don't want to reboot the box every time I start my car

2. My Siri only works with music and navigation, but not for sending text messages. Besides that I cannot use the steering wheel button to activate Siri, just with "hey Siri" Do you know how to fix that?

Thank you so much in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #4112
wk210003
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hi all,
I am planning to order the carlinkit box since I didn't find a place that can ship andream box to Saudi Arabia direct.
I will be flashing the customised firmware. But I am still confused which Mcu version to be flashed.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #4113
eexxcc
Rep
Drives: F07 2014

Quote:

Thanks
Same issue, just received and installed Andream NBT (preinstalled B_V1.0.2) on F07 2014. Everything works great except AA (no widescreen support) Hopefully someone will made custom firmware for "B" version as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #4114
chambo622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk210003 View Post
Hi all,
I am planning to order the carlinkit box since I didn't find a place that can ship andream box to Saudi Arabia direct.
I will be flashing the customised firmware. But I am still confused which Mcu version to be flashed.
I'm running the custom 2.0 firmware with the latest Carlinkit MCU from the first post. I didn't see a need to flash the Bimmertech MCU, although that is an option from what I've read here.
Appreciate 1