F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
proTUNING Freaks

08-03-2018, 05:54 PM   #287
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by invulnerablo View Post
Hi Tony!
Could you help me??
Send me the link for 2.7.1 through pm.

Is it still working?
Hi, I'm sorry I don't have that link anymore. Perhaps someone else can help you with that, or do a search on Google. V2.7.1 stopped working in December 2017, but it should still work with my script. The latest version 2.8.2 is working to date.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 01:30 PM   #288
brad-cam
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i, E46 M3, F12 640, F80

I used your script get my E-Sys/Launcher Premium working again on my laptop that I had not used for coding since last year. It worked great! Then I went to code the car and realized that I needed a newer psdzdata, so I got that and then it required me to upgrade from E-Sys 3.26.1 to 3.27.1.

So I uninstalled E-Sys and EsysLauncherPremium, installed E-Sys 3.27.1 and Launcher Premium 2.8.0, run your script, and set date to December 15, 2017.

Now I get the "Date Incorrect or date Manipulation Detected" error every time!!

I have read this entire thread and tried a bunch of things, including various system dates, creating another admin account, doing a fresh install on a Windows 10 machine with the same installers. No dice. I get the error every time!

The laptop is Windows XP, I know it's not supported anymore, but was working fine with your script with the older E-Sys and Launcher versions. I cannot use the latest 2.8.2 version of Launcher Premium as it requires .NET 4.6 and I can't get that for XP.

Do you have any ideas ? Am I using an incompatible set of versions? I got the installers from the links posted on the Bimmerfest forum sticky thread.

Thanks Tony!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #289
sevenn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-cam View Post
I used your script get my E-Sys/Launcher Premium working again on my laptop that I had not used for coding since last year. It worked great! Then I went to code the car and realized that I needed a newer psdzdata, so I got that and then it required me to upgrade from E-Sys 3.26.1 to 3.27.1.

So I uninstalled E-Sys and EsysLauncherPremium, installed E-Sys 3.27.1 and Launcher Premium 2.8.0, run your script, and set date to December 15, 2017.

Now I get the "Date Incorrect or date Manipulation Detected" error every time!!

I have read this entire thread and tried a bunch of things, including various system dates, creating another admin account, doing a fresh install on a Windows 10 machine with the same installers. No dice. I get the error every time!

The laptop is Windows XP, I know it's not supported anymore, but was working fine with your script with the older E-Sys and Launcher versions. I cannot use the latest 2.8.2 version of Launcher Premium as it requires .NET 4.6 and I can't get that for XP.

Do you have any ideas ? Am I using an incompatible set of versions? I got the installers from the links posted on the Bimmerfest forum sticky thread.

Thanks Tony!
You need to set back the date first, and then run the script.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #290
brad-cam
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenn View Post
You need to set back the date first, and then run the script.
Yes, tried that, made no difference. I also just managed to get .NET 4.6.1 installed and upgraded to Launcher Premium 2.8.2. It installed fine.

I still get the error.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2018, 06:02 PM   #291
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

First of all, if you're now using Launcher 2.8.2, don't adjust the date but keep it to *today* (as in: the real date that is today). The Launcher should work then. If it still gives you the date manipulation error, then it's probably an XP thing...

The Launcher checks the dates of several system folders to determine whether the date has been manipulated. My guess is that all these folders were fine when you used E-sys 3.26.1, but the deinstallation changed one (or several) of them. My script would normally adjust these dates, but since it doesn't support XP (because XP uses different folder names) not all of your system folders were adjusted, making the Launcher detect your date manipulation.

What you could try is first setting the date to today, reboot PC to reset most system folders dates to today, and after that redoing the process of uninstalling E-sys and Launcher and reinstalling them. This -might- reset the date of whatever folder causing the problem also back to today. If it works, Launcher 2.8.2 should proceed without the date manipulation error. If it doesn't, basically you're screwed... (sorry man)

Fingers crossed... Good luck!

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2018, 07:11 PM   #292
brad-cam
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
First of all, if you're now using Launcher 2.8.2, don't adjust the date but keep it to *today* (as in: the real date that is today). The Launcher should work then. If it still gives you the date manipulation error, then it's probably an XP thing...

The Launcher checks the dates of several system folders to determine whether the date has been manipulated. My guess is that all these folders were fine when you used E-sys 3.26.1, but the deinstallation changed one (or several) of them. My script would normally adjust these dates, but since it doesn't support XP (because XP uses different folder names) not all of your system folders were adjusted, making the Launcher detect your date manipulation.

What you could try is first setting the date to today, reboot PC to reset most system folders dates to today, and after that redoing the process of uninstalling E-sys and Launcher and reinstalling them. This -might- reset the date of whatever folder causing the problem also back to today. If it works, Launcher 2.8.2 should proceed without the date manipulation error. If it doesn't, basically you're screwed... (sorry man)

Fingers crossed... Good luck!

Cheers, Tony
Wow! Without doing anything else I set the date/time to today, didn't reboot, just started the launcher. Not only did the date error not come up, it prompted me for a pin, generated the token and went all the way and launched e-sys. Then I proceeded to code the car. So, it is working fine with the date/time set to the correct current date. Amazing. Tony, you are amazing, it's so great that you are helping us all out like this. Grateful !!

Brad
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #293
schland
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Cheers tony. just fired up my esys on win7 and it worked. amazing!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #294
oli3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Fantastic stuff Tony! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #295
94vtirozguy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 F25 (N20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-cam View Post
Yes, tried that, made no difference. I also just managed to get .NET 4.6.1 installed and upgraded to Launcher Premium 2.8.2. It installed fine.

I still get the error.
i would like to know how this is done. I am trying to set this up on XP and 4.6.1 . net is not supported on XP, and the installer prevents it being installed.

anyone shed some light on this.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 06:55 AM   #296
minimega
Rep
Drives: 320d e91

E-Sys Launcher 2.7.1 inside VM

Hi there, can anybody *confirm* that is able to run this specific configuration:
* VMWare Workstation Player 14.1.2
* Windows 7 x64 SP1 english (as virtual machine)
* international Settings setted to en-GB (keyboard, language, timezone..)
* .NET Framework 4.6.1
* E-SYS Launcher Premium ver *2.7.1*
* E-SYS 3.28.1

Reverting back date to 01-04-2017 and then running your tool, @Tony TwoClicks, I can start E-Sys Launcher but it asks for an activation token. If I revert back date before 19-03-2017 it says "date manipulation".. so I'm sure E-Sys Launcher is starting in the right way, but it want to be activated.

If I remove 2.7.1 and install 2.6.2, on the same VM/configuration, E-Sys Launcer starts successfully and E-Sys is working fine.

Now, it's clear that VM and settings are ok, I can only think that 2.7.1 has introduced a check for running inside VM environment.. can anyone confirm?

Is there a workaround to get 2.7.1/2.8.0 E-Sys Launcher work inside VM environment?

Thanks to all.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #297
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimega View Post
Now, it's clear that VM and settings are ok, I can only think that 2.7.1 has introduced a check for running inside VM environment.. can anyone confirm?

Is there a workaround to get 2.7.1/2.8.0 E-Sys Launcher work inside VM environment?
I can confirm that Tokenmaster introduced the VM check 'feature' in 2.7.1, resulting in a requirement to activate the Launcher when you're in VMWare. I believe that Parallels on a Mac should still work though. The activation requirement for that was introduced later in 2.8.0. Your reasoning is sound and you did everything right. There's currently no workaround, apart from either using 'real' hardware or a lower version of the Launcher.

Sorry, probably not the answer you were hoping for...

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 04:59 PM   #298
minimega
Rep

Quote:
I can confirm that Tokenmaster introduced the VM check 'feature' in 2.7.1, resulting in a requirement to activate the Launcher when you're in VMWare. I believe that Parallels on a Mac should still work though. The activation requirement for that was introduced later in 2.8.0. Your reasoning is sound and you did everything right. There's currently no workaround, apart from either using 'real' hardware or a lower version of the Launcher.

Sorry, probably not the answer you were hoping for...

Cheers, Tony
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply! As I supposed, there's a software check for VM environment starting from 2.7.1, but no problem, I can still use 2.6.2 in VM, or install E-Sys in real hardware as you suggested. I just wanted to be sure it was not my mistake! Thanks for the support!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #299
minimega
Rep

Thumbs up Get working!

Quote:
There's currently no workaround, apart from either using 'real' hardware or a lower version of the Launcher.
Sorry man, but you're wrong!!
I just found the way to get running Premium until 2.8.2 inside VMWare VM..

PM me if you're interested in!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #300
mr.loikes
Registered
Rep
Drives: mini f60

Help needed

Hi! I'm new at the forum so hello everybody It's really nice to be a part of community of bmw owners.

Tony Twoclicks, I have a problem with running your software. When I try to, I've get this info as in attachment. I'm using Windows 10, time is set according to your reccomendations. Antivirus is off.
I've checked also on Windows 7 computer with the same conditions.

BR
Sebastian
Attached Images

Last edited by mr.loikes; 10-29-2018 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #301
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loikes View Post
I've get this info as in attachment. I'm using Windows 10, time is set according to your reccomendations. Antivirus is off.
I've checked also on Windows 7 computer with the same conditions.
There is a write-lock on your \ProgramData folder for some reason. Turning off antivirus is not enough (for Avast). You need to turn off Self-Protection, which is in the Advanced settings -> tab Troubleshoot.

The Self-protection module keeps the ProgramData folder locked, so it must be turned off. After my script has run, you can enable Self-protection again.

If you're not running Avast then some other program is keeping a lock on the folder. By browsing it (set Explorer to unhide system files and folders) you may find out which program it is...

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 03:21 PM   #302
mr.loikes
Registered
Rep

Thank you for your help. Now it works on one computer. I will search on the another one and will let you know when I realize which program is cousing this problem.

BR
Sebastian
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #303
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loikes View Post
Now it works on one computer. I will search on the another one and will let you know when I realize which program is cousing this problem.
If it's not in your ProgramData-folder then most likely your Documents-folder is relocated. Are you using OneDrive for your documents perhaps? My script assumes default locations for all system-folders it changes.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 02:06 AM   #304
mr.loikes
Registered
Rep

No, I'm not using such things. Document folder is on place. I will check other ProgramData programs next week.

BR
Sebastian
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 09:38 PM   #305
3ackok
Registered
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: R1200GSA

I rolled back to August 2017, install the 2.71 launcher and ran the script. The launcher is asking to activate. What could be the problem?

Edit:
It worked after I removed Russian secondary keyboard.

Thanks for your work, Tony!

Last edited by 3ackok; 11-10-2018 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 12:11 AM   #306
BMW335is
Rep
Drives: 335is

repeat EST software Token screen

Hi Tony,
First of all, thank you for creating the script for us. I am having some issues with E-sys launcher program even though i have followed the instructions step-by-step. Can you provide some guidance?

I had E-sys launcher premium 2.5.3.108 (i know it's old as i coded car before but I need to recode my car again)
I had E-sys 3.27.1, and psdzdata is 3.59.1.003 (again, it's a quite old version)
I have successfully changed Window's clock to April 1st 2017, and I have successfully run the batch file 1.6.0 (admin elevated). No error message. Also, EST directory under E-sys 3.27.1 Options/settings is cleared. Now, i launched E-sys launcher premium 2.5.3.108, the program asked me to give a path and passwords. Freetoken.est (under C:data folder) is generated with a date April 1st 2017.

However, the screen repeat to ask EST software token path and PIN. I can never pass this screen.
I also see alert message:"You will be able to set car series after 48 hours" if I close the E-sys launcher and reopen it again. EST software token screen remains on top.

Do you know where I did wrong? Are my software versions too old?

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #307
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335is View Post
Hi Tony,
First of all, thank you for creating the script for us. I am having some issues with E-sys launcher program even though i have followed the instructions step-by-step. Can you provide some guidance?

I had E-sys launcher premium 2.5.3.108 (i know it's old as i coded car before but I need to recode my car again)
I had E-sys 3.27.1, and psdzdata is 3.59.1.003 (again, it's a quite old version)
I have successfully changed Window's clock to April 1st 2017, and I have successfully run the batch file 1.6.0 (admin elevated). No error message. Also, EST directory under E-sys 3.27.1 Options/settings is cleared. Now, i launched E-sys launcher premium 2.5.3.108, the program asked me to give a path and passwords. Freetoken.est (under C:data folder) is generated with a date April 1st 2017.

However, the screen repeat to ask EST software token path and PIN. I can never pass this screen.
I also see alert message:"You will be able to set car series after 48 hours" if I close the E-sys launcher and reopen it again. EST software token screen remains on top.

Do you know where I did wrong? Are my software versions too old?

Many thanks,
PM sent.....
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #308
j_internet
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 Sport Carbon Black

Will this work after today?

I was able to use this on 2.8.2 today (just ran the script and launched it with the current date) but I know the token expires tomorrow. Will this still work next month 2019 ? My question is if it will stop the changes from being written back.

Thanks

Last edited by j_internet; 12-30-2018 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 0