F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Comparison Chart Listing 7 Fxx Wireless/Wired/iD 4 Retrofit Kits
GetBMWParts

12-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #265
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanos10 View Post
Dynamic
Thanks for the reply, so I guess it's the unit that provides these, rather than the camera itself (looking on aliexpress lots of camera's are being sold as dynamic guidelines, but these cost more, than the ones with fixed guidelines).
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #266
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Will it work on my car? I have a 10/15 4 series with the HK system and ID4. But I have NBT Evo. I also have the wide screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantanas View Post
Will it work on my car? I have a 10/15 4 series with the HK system and ID4. But I have NBT Evo. I also have the wide screen
I have a NBT Evo with ID4 and HK - It works fine with Andream
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 03:24 PM   #267
touchmynappa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrchee View Post
Did you try to access you evo head unit with bimmercode or e-sys with the Andream connected?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #268
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmynappa View Post
Quote:
Did you try to access you evo head unit with bimmercode or e-sys with the Andream connected?
No, not needed to?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #269
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Got my box installed yesterday and today. I only use CarPlay and have an iPhone X so no experience with AA. Everything within CarPlay seems to work pretty well. No complaints after about an hour of usage.

So I've got a '14 NBT HU /w nav, HK & Sirius.
It wasn't possible to fit everything behind or under my head unit. After trying, I ended up having to remove my glovebox to fit the unit between the right pocket of the head unit. Quite a bit of T20 undrilling & need to drop the bottom passenger airbag. Followed Kies video for that part. Even the wiring harness barely fit back there, definitely was a tight fit for me.

Ran into an issue where I had no radio signal or sound. I realized that I had to transfer over the two green fiber optic cables from my original harness. If you run into this, make sure they are re-inserted back into the new harness in the right direction (messed this up the first time). Ended up being more of a pain than I anticipated and took me quite a while to get everything squared away and reassembled. Mostly due to the glovebox part I wasn't expecting.

Sound quality seems good on my HK system with wireless using Spotify CarPlay on my phone. You can notice some slightly degraded quality with very high volume, but there's an equalizer and volume settings you can play around with. Called my gf and she told me it sounded perfectly fine on my end (OEM mic).

Saying "Hey Siri" allows me to do whatever through the unit without touching anything. I think there's a button shortcut for this too? But not sure what that is.
Used Waze and had no issues - worked exactly as expected in full screen.

I have heads up display. So when sound is playing via CarPlay, you can control the CarPlay menu using the steering wheel controls. However the heads up display populates a message saying "action not available in AUX mode" or something, while you scroll from your steering wheel. That's really the only "non OEM" drawback.

Also updated my box before I set it up - successfully flashed from v2.0.2.4 (which it came with) to the latest v2.0.2.5

Definitely worth the upgrade, very happy so far.

Last edited by mlev; 12-07-2019 at 08:09 PM..
Appreciate 3
Poochie9099.00
      12-08-2019, 05:51 AM   #270
touchmynappa
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
No, not needed to?
Yeah, I guess not necessarily needed, but *if* you want to code something in your HU_NBT_EVO (ID4), you probably have to disconnect your CarPlay box since it seems to interfere with bimmercode and e-sys at at least. So disconnect CarPlay box, code the HU, then reconnect the CarPlay box which can be a bit time consuming and annoying. I'm a bit concerned about unscrewing the panel and HU too many times.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 06:56 AM   #271
rsm_CR
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Yeah, I guess not necessarily needed, but *if* you want to code something in your HU_NBT_EVO (ID4), you probably have to disconnect your CarPlay box since it seems to interfere with bimmercode and e-sys at at least. So disconnect CarPlay box, code the HU, then reconnect the CarPlay box which can be a bit time consuming and annoying. I'm a bit concerned about unscrewing the panel and HU too many times.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I gotta ask... Why do you feel the need to code your HU so often? I'm genuinely curious as I have the same HU and I can't imagine getting much benefit from coding it much (I did the B&O dsp change and I think that was pretty much it... What else is there to gain?)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 07:24 AM   #272
touchmynappa
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm_CR View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I gotta ask... Why do you feel the need to code your HU so often? I'm genuinely curious as I have the same HU and I can't imagine getting much benefit from coding it much (I did the B&O dsp change and I think that was pretty much it... What else is there to gain?)
It's not that often I code the HU really. It just annoys me that it's not accessible when the CarPlay box is connected, especially since it should be fixable in the CarPlay box software. I guess I like to tinker around coding various values and experimenting. And perhaps there is a tiny bit of OCD involved
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #273
cossie1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm_CR View Post
It would be nice to know, that it's not "interfering" with systems of the car that it doesn't need to.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #274
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That’s a fair point - I disabled my tyre pressure sensors a while back and had to code the HU. I'm going to be adding it back soon with the new tyres. Bullocks.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #275
touchmynappa
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That’s a fair point - I disabled my tyre pressure sensors a while back and had to code the HU. I'm going to be adding it back soon with the new tyres. Bullocks.
Yeah. It's tricky to communicate the issue to Andream. Their support answers fast and seems to mean well, but the issue sort of get lost in translation. At least they said they would send the issue to their engineers. It might just be a 2016 HU_NBT EVO ID4 issue, and you have better luck. If they fix this issue in a software update I would be genuinely impressed.

Last edited by touchmynappa; 12-09-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #276
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

if this price applies to this unit:

https://cornucopia.manufacturer.glob...erface-Box.htm

i'll join. I have the Joyeauto in my X5 but wanted a unit that uses the OEM mic in my RS7.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #277
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastano View Post
if this price applies to this unit:

https://cornucopia.manufacturer.glob...erface-Box.htm

i'll join. I have the Joyeauto in my X5 but wanted a unit that uses the OEM mic in my RS7.
You may want to check if that vendor will indeed honor the posted price. The last GB fell apart because they wouldn't honor that price.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 02:11 PM   #278
sb2002
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1974 BMW 2002; 2017 JCW Mini

Hi. I have a question about how the MMIs work. If I have a CarPlay MMI installed in my car and my phone is connected to the MMI wirelessly, but I am in the native BMW environment (listening to FM or Sirius) and I get a call or a text, will I know? Does the MMI interrupt what I'm listening to, so I know I have a call?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #279
terrymcg
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb2002 View Post
Hi. I have a question about how the MMIs work. If I have a CarPlay MMI installed in my car and my phone is connected to the MMI wirelessly, but I am in the native BMW environment (listening to FM or Sirius) and I get a call or a text, will I know? Does the MMI interrupt what I'm listening to, so I know I have a call?

Thanks.
No you will not get a notification as all the sound goes to the AUX input and the head unit will not auto switch to AUX
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #280
700kid
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 35d

Any chance of another group buy?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #281
Mkelley
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X1 F48