F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Passenger Child seat or booster for Msport seats
GetBMWParts

12-05-2019, 06:05 AM   #23
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

At the moment, you can get the non i-size and the i-size, as the new i-size regs (height based) are running in parallel to the old regs (weight based) - the non i-size is around £200 and the new one is around £280.

I would avoid buying from Mothercare or Mamas and Papas online as both are in adminstration and won't necessarily fulfil orders. If you can get to one of their stores and can find one, then get it there and then.

My experience of Mothercare's closing down sale is that 1) the discount isn't that great, usually 10-15% which you can typically get online if you shop around and 2) they hiked up the prices of some products in order to apply the discount and which they were selling cheaper before!

Sneaky melon farmers!

Also, as your baby isn't due until July and you don't get a decent deal over Xmas/New Years, it's worth going to the Baby and Toddler show - tickets are around £15 for entry, but the missus picked them up for free via mumsnet/facebook. We got a "travel system" and our Maxi Cosi group 0 car seat chucked in for half price. Just beware of all the other tat they try and sometimes successfully sell to you.

https://babyandtoddlershow.co.uk/
      12-05-2019, 06:48 AM   #24
N-W
oOOo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHamz View Post
At the moment, you can get the non i-size and the i-size, as the new i-size regs (height based) are running in parallel to the old regs (weight based) - the non i-size is around £200 and the new one is around £280.

I would avoid buying from Mothercare or Mamas and Papas online as both are in adminstration and won't necessarily fulfil orders. If you can get to one of their stores and can find one, then get it there and then.

My experience of Mothercare's closing down sale is that 1) the discount isn't that great, usually 10-15% which you can typically get online if you shop around and 2) they hiked up the prices of some products in order to apply the discount and which they were selling cheaper before!

Sneaky melon farmers!

Also, as your baby isn't due until July and you don't get a decent deal over Xmas/New Years, it's worth going to the Baby and Toddler show - tickets are around £15 for entry, but the missus picked them up for free via mumsnet/facebook. We got a "travel system" and our Maxi Cosi group 0 car seat chucked in for half price. Just beware of all the other tat they try and sometimes successfully sell to you.

https://babyandtoddlershow.co.uk/
Many thanks for the info I'll check out the baby show, the missus will love that no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:40 AM   #25
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by weston.__ View Post
Many thanks for the info I'll check out the baby show, the missus will love that no doubt.
No problem, we did end up spending a small fortune, but returned quite a few things. The useful things we picked up were a baby bath with a stand and a baby carrier - we got the Ergo Baby Omni 360, apparently it's orthopedically proven to provide the best position for babies.

Also, if you've not already done so, get the Bounty app on your phone, it has some freebies vouchers which allow you to pick up some starter packs from Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury's etc - and if you both download it, you get double the packs.

We got free nappy samples, babygrows, sudocrem, bibs etc, lots of promo leaflets that went straight into the recycling.