F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Depo Xenon-look MOT failures (UK)
proTUNING Freaks

03-25-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
Spencer786
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D ED

Depo Xenon-look MOT failures (UK)

Does anyone know if a non functioning headlight height toggle switch can be coded out, and if so, which Bimmercode do I use.

Got my Depo headlights from Eurowagens fitted in October 2019 to my 320d ED.

The next MOT (this month) was barely scraped through, after pleading with the fairly strict MOT examiner and telling him what Eurowagens told me after the installation in Oct 19 -when I realised my height aim toggle no longer functioned.

Eurowagens said the Depos would automatically self height adjust.

The MOT examiner had unfortunately spotted this toggle not working, but eventually let it pass. He said though it should be working if it is fitted. The internet says the same, as do the MOT guidelines.

I told Eurowagens of the MOT issue, and at first they quizzed me details of the type of light bulbs I used, then they said they'd had no problems with the other 400 headlights that they've sold and maybe I should try another MOT garage!

I have now purchased a replacement light switch (minus the headlight height adjustment toggle) which will arrive soon, from eBay.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
Spencer786
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D ED

Anyone know how to code out the Headlight Vertical Aim adjuster (and can it be done via Bimmercode)?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 12:53 PM   #3
Adebylchau
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 320d sportline

Just looking through the threads for help… my depo headlights have passed mot for the last 3 years now i get an mot fail because the headlight adjuster stops working after a few tries .
I also have thought of changing the switch to one without the beam adjustment… did you try this and have you had mot issues since ??
Cheers for any help
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 01:50 AM   #4
zatelli
Private First Class
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2013 RWD F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer786 View Post
Anyone know how to code out the Headlight Vertical Aim adjuster (and can it be done via Bimmercode)?
In Bimmercode, get into FEM, switch to expert mode, then look for LWR_AHL_TYP and change the value to "ohne". Do the same for LFC_AKTIV and change its value to"nicht aktiv".
This will disable the throw adjustment motor and the error code on your dashboard. Still, you should fix the underlying problem (chaffed motor wires, broken sensor), for optimum road illumination and thus your safety.
Appreciate 0