F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Upgraded All Modules, Few issues
proTUNING Freaks

05-17-2016, 07:37 AM   #1
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Upgraded All Modules, Few issues

First much thanks to Shawn for getting me to this point.

my car's ship i-step is F020-14-03-503
the dealer had previously updated me to F020-14-11-505

I flash updated to the most recent version, using psdzdata 58.3

It took a few attempts but every module is updated. If i re-calculate tal it shows no modules needing updating. If i check my i-step version it still shows F020-14-11-505 though and i am not sure why.

i have 2 outstanding issues.

1. The front turn signals do not work. I have read in another forum that the LED lights need to be learned/taught. I am currently downloading rheinogold to try and accomplish this. i do not have that program currently so if there is a way to do it with esys that would be great, otherwise i will persue getting this to work.

2. The airbag light is flashing red but there is no error on the idrive. I am going to try and read/clear codes here in a second but i did try locking with:

1) Click "External Applications" in the left menu.
2) Click "External Application"
3) Double-click "Transmitter"
4) Double-click "ACSM verriegelung_schreiben"

seems that things are a bit more involved then people suggest with the newer cars =)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #2
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
First much thanks to Shawn for getting me to this point.

my car's ship i-step is F020-14-03-503
the dealer had previously updated me to F020-14-11-505

I flash updated to the most recent version, using psdzdata 58.3

It took a few attempts but every module is updated. If i re-calculate tal it shows no modules needing updating. If i check my i-step version it still shows F020-14-11-505 though and i am not sure why.

i have 2 outstanding issues.

1. The front turn signals do not work. I have read in another forum that the LED lights need to be learned/taught. I am currently downloading rheinogold to try and accomplish this. i do not have that program currently so if there is a way to do it with esys that would be great, otherwise i will persue getting this to work.

2. The airbag light is flashing red but there is no error on the idrive. I am going to try and read/clear codes here in a second but i did try locking with:

1) Click "External Applications" in the left menu.
2) Click "External Application"
3) Double-click "Transmitter"
4) Double-click "ACSM verriegelung_schreiben"

seems that things are a bit more involved then people suggest with the newer cars =)
You will likely need an ICOM as well to get coding/flashing to work with ISTA+.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update.

The airbag issue is cleaned up. I did the following:

Tool32 => ACSM4.prg => steuern_verriegelung_schreiben = control_lock_write

1) Launch C:\EDIABAS\Bin\TOOL32.EXE
2) Hit F3
3) Load C:\EDIABAS\Ecu\ACSM4.prg
4) In the "Select Job: F01" window, select steuern_verriegelung_schreiben (steuern_verriegelung_schreiben = control locking write)
5) Hit F5
6) "Results" window should show "JOB_STATUS = OKAY"

At that point an error about airbag malfunction appeared on iDrive (it had not previsouly)

Once i cleared codes with esys they stayed away. Just down to the turn signals.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 10:49 AM   #4
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Rheingold ISTA+ will resolve all the issues with ENET. Scan the car for faults and run the tests plans for each fault and you will be back in business.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

As f30gtr stated i was able to get everything up and running with Rheingold. One remaining item is that the i-step actual version is still the old version. I know all modules have been upgraded and a tal calc shows nothing needed to be done in esys. Is there some place i need to set the i-step value? Since you can upgrade modules piecemeal it seems likely that at some point you have to change this value manually..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #6
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptz View Post
As f30gtr stated i was able to get everything up and running with Rheingold. One remaining item is that the i-step actual version is still the old version. I know all modules have been upgraded and a tal calc shows nothing needed to be done in esys. Is there some place i need to set the i-step value? Since you can upgrade modules piecemeal it seems likely that at some point you have to change this value manually..
When doing a complete update, you would set Esys Options: "Update VCM and MSM after TAL execution" before flash operation.

Since you haven't done it, you can still change I-step in Esys, "Expert mode > VCM > Master > I-steps < Write". Our resident coding expert says it is not necessary to update it after a full update, but I will still do it if it bothers you.

Last edited by aboulfad; 05-22-2016 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #7
cryptz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

thanks, i did have that option selected, however after hitting the start button in tal processing a box popped up with 3 different i-step version fields. I did not alter any of them, i believe i would have had to manually change the after i-step value manually to the new version for this to have done it on its own. I did change it manually with e-sys as you indicated.
Appreciate 0