F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > A/C Harness
ARMA SPEED

01-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
omicarlo
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 2009 & F30 2012

A/C Harness

I have a 2012 F30 and wanted to do a LCI Radio trim panel change but while doing it found out that the clip for radio/AC trim is struck and will not come out so tried to do it with a knife (THIC F30 Trick) but it did not came out and in the process i broke the clip alittle but everything is still working but I m just check how easy is it to replace the harness or the corrector for the A/C if I break it as I m trying to install apple carplay in my car soon.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 11:35 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicarlo View Post
I have a 2012 F30 and wanted to do a LCI Radio trim panel change but while doing it found out that the clip for radio/AC trim is struck and will not come out so tried to do it with a knife (THIC F30 Trick) but it did not came out and in the process i broke the clip alittle but everything is still working but I m just check how easy is it to replace the harness or the corrector for the A/C if I break it as I m trying to install apple carplay in my car soon.

Thanks
The Radio Trim Panel has nothing to do with installing CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
omicarlo
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 2009 & F30 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Thanks for the information.

I mean to install the apple carplay you need to disconnect the radio trim in F30 to access the CIC unit so thats why was asking.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by omicarlo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Thanks for the information.

I mean to install the apple carplay you need to disconnect the radio trim in F30 to access the CIC unit so thats why was asking.

Thanks
Your post literally makes no sense with reality as CarPlay does not need the unit removed from the dash, especially if you haven't updated your iStep in the last 12 months - nor does it work on a CIC unit.

That said, perhaps this link will help you discover your answer as I can make no logic of what you are asking.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...335i&mg=61
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

If you break a connector chances are what you'll break is the tiny latch that keeps it in place. The connectors are a real PITA because they make the latch releases pretty much invisible to the naked eye. If you break the latch the only potential problem is that the connector could vibrate loose, so secure it with a bit of electrical tape.
Appreciate 0